OT - Beautiful Dixie

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - Beautiful Dixie

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Charles' Texas post got me to thinking about one for good ol' Dixieland...

http://mybeautifulamerica.com/BeautifulDixie.htm
Jeff Quinn
Shootist

Post by Jeff Quinn »

Thank you, Sir.
Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com
Longfin
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Longfin »

I love that song. I remember when I was in school and the teach would show us one of those old reel to reel educational film, they started with a picture of the Georgia flag and the sound of Dixie. I'm told such doings are not PC these days. Look where that got us.
Thanks for finding and sharing these with us.
Zack
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

That was great! While I have spent far too little time in the South, the time that I have spent there left me with a deep appreciation for the hospitality & good manners shown to a total stranger- and often from places & people where it was least expected.

I salute you, my Dixie brethren,
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Rat purty, ain't it?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

Well shucks boy, that was right purdy.

I really enjoyed that and I guess if I ever win lotto thats the part of America I'd like to own a little piece of. ( a little piece they call Jack Daniels distillery, in Tennessee :lol: )
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Awesome, simply gorgeous.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I've been a lot of those places. Thanks for sharing that.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
JohnnyReb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JohnnyReb »

Man.... makes me homesick.......
Wait. I am Home! I am so lucky to live here!!
Redneck suicide note: Here, hold my beer and watch this!!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thank You YK, that was Brilliant! Great post, where do you find 'em ? :D
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

Nice pictures. I have been fortunate enough to have seen some of those places first hand .
Ridgerunner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ridgerunner »

Much appreciated by a decendent of a brave Confederate Soldier.....
Confederately yours,

Ridgerunner
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Thanks for posting this. Strange how the music and pictures make this IL born AZ raised Confederate sympathizer get all weepie.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
GEOFF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by GEOFF »

YK,

Thanks for that. I've visited the grave of my great great grandpa in Bedford county Virginia, a Confederate soldier. Grew up on my Grandma's southern influenced cooking. I married a Virginia girl, she grew up a stones throw from the Manassas battlefield. My southern roots go deep. Grandma's family moved west in 1904. She used to tell of the old Confederate veterans sitting on the steps of the little country store and post office in Bedford County and the old Rebs would give the little kids a penny to go get some candy with!!!

On the other side of the family, my great grandpa fought with the 8th Michigan Vol Infantry and was wounded and captured by the southern forces on James Island, South Carolina in June 1862, still early enough in the war that some kind southern family nursed him back to health and he was later paroled. He joined back up and was mustered out near Petersburg in January 1865. Just my grandpa's dad, not very far back when you think about it! I've got a picture of him holding my grandpa on his lap in about 1898!!!

I love those songs, DIXIE, THE SWANY RIVER, O SUSANNA, ETC......

That was stirring! THANKS!!

Geoff
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

Made me cry....God Save the South!
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

game keeper wrote:Thank You YK, that was Brilliant! Great post, where do you find 'em ? :D
I got this one via e-mail. I am not southern by birth, but I am home now, living in South Carolina, by the Grace of God!!! :D
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

GEOFF wrote:YK,

Thanks for that. I've visited the grave of my great great grandpa in Bedford county Virginia, a Confederate soldier. Grew up on my Grandma's southern influenced cooking. I married a Virginia girl, she grew up a stones throw from the Manassas battlefield. My southern roots go deep. Grandma's family moved west in 1904. She used to tell of the old Confederate veterans sitting on the steps of the little country store and post office in Bedford County and the old Rebs would give the little kids a penny to go get some candy with!!!

On the other side of the family, my great grandpa fought with the 8th Michigan Vol Infantry and was wounded and captured by the southern forces on James Island, South Carolina in June 1862, still early enough in the war that some kind southern family nursed him back to health and he was later paroled. He joined back up and was mustered out near Petersburg in January 1865. Just my grandpa's dad, not very far back when you think about it! I've got a picture of him holding my grandpa on his lap in about 1898!!!

I love those songs, DIXIE, THE SWANY RIVER, O SUSANNA, ETC......

That was stirring! THANKS!!

Geoff
Geoff -

My ancestory is similar. Like many, I had family members on both sides of the War of Nothern Aggression (you can tell where my sympathies lie! :wink: ). My family was located in and around Hancock, MD and Berkley Springs, WV (just Virginia back then). Literally a "brother versus brother" situation, as my Great-Great Grandfather joined the GAR, while his father and brothers joined the Army of Northern Virginia.
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

Thanks; a great link. The azaleas and redbuds are blooming here now, soon to be followed by the bluebonnets and other stuff. I hope to make my annual pilgrimage through parts of the South, between SE Texas and Atlanta, at the end of May.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

GREAT POST...
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

I was expecting a picture of a Southern Belle
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Y'all better pray for us here in Florida. between the legislature and the Gov. they want to get rid of our state song. They say it ain't PC cause it mentions the "darkies" in the second verse.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.