Need help on a Win 76

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Dastook
Levergunner 2.0

Need help on a Win 76

Post by Dastook »

Came across two 76’s today. The one I might be interested in is a 45-60 made in 1882. Good bore, bright and shiny with what appears to be slight pitting. Finish on all exterior metal is original with a good consistent patina. Wood is well used with many scares and bruises but no cracks. It also appears to be original. I have no idea if the internal parts are all original. This rifle, I am told is a good usable shooter. Asking price is $4500 I think I could get it for $4000. Is it worth it?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA Life Endowment
SASS & CAS

Born in Idaho, the same great state Elmer Keith & Jack O'Conner lived in and loved.
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Couldn't even guess without seeing some pics! :wink:

Prices on the 1876 are currently really strong. Rifles that were going for $1200 are now $4000 plus.

You might pose this question to Buck Stinson. He hangs here:

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index. ... ,89.0.html

Buck has a lot of experience, and knowledge of this model.
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva
cowboykell
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cowboykell »

I just sold a nice original shooter 45-60 with great bore, nice wood for $3050.00 on Gunbroker 2 weeks ago.