Price Check - Rossi 92

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Price Check - Rossi 92

Post by shooter »

Found a Braztech/Rossi 92 today in 45 Colt. It is used, but looked to be in decent shape, and is priced at $299. The only reason I didn't buy it is because it looked like it had been messed with by someone that wasn't too careful. It has 3 pretty good size scratches on the right side of the receiver where whoever was trying to take out the screws slipped and scratched it with a screwdriver a couple of times. Those screws were a little buggered up as well. My reservation is that I don't know why they took the screws out, or what they did to the internals.

Is the price right, and would you buy it considering? I've been thinking about it all day, and am tempted to go back tomorrow to see if it is still there.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Price Check - Rossi 92

Post by awp101 »

If I was in the market for one, I would. Maybe try to haggle into the $250 range...
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

awp101 wrote:If I was in the market for one, I would. Maybe try to haggle into the $250 range...
Given the scratches, yep. Although I don't know that this is a haggler's market at all. :?
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Yeah , I'd try to nudge it more toward $250, too; but $299 is not bad, assuming most or all damage is cosmetic.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Considering the scratches & buggered screws, before I made any offer, I would first check the guides with a good light - for amateur grinding and/or filing, since some ill-informed person might have modified them beyond repair in an attempt to get whatever to feed to their druthers.

A new set of cartridge guides might have to be figured into the deal - whether or not the rifle actually needs them. ;) . :mrgreen: . :mrgreen:

mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Hmm, ask the owner if any modifications/work has been done, pointing out the buggered screw heads. I disassemble all my guns when I get them for cleaning and "get to know you" inspection...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Buggered up screws are always a turnoff to me, who knows what else Bubba buggered up? Save your pennies for a little while longer and buy a new one, or find a nice used one that has not been Bubba-ized.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I really LOVE the Ross 45 Colt I have, but if I were looking at a 'used and potentially abused' one, I'd ask one thing: I want to see that it can fire and cycle reliably at least 50 rounds of factory ammo. I'd see if the dealer would let me buy the gun and a box of ammo and bring it back for full refund in 72 hours if it didn't function.

Even if it jammed, I'm sure it CAN be fixed, but then it becomes a matter of is the time and cost and hassle worth the savings vs. a 'new' one.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "