92 bolt peep

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

92 bolt peep

Post by 4t5 »

considering that the bolt is a moving part,can one expect the same accuracy as a tang sight,wich is mounted on a non moving part? Is any one using a bolt peep for hunting?This would be on a puma 357 thanks.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 92 bolt peep

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

There is not enough movement in an average 92`s bolt to be able to even measure the difference on target. Most of the tang sights have some wobble in them also. :wink: not an issue!!!
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Chuck, thanks for the reply,had a large loop with saddle ring in my hands the other day and it sure was a nice handling gun, 16"barrel.Don't know if it will replace my marlin 44p,but there is room in the cabinet for one more.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I made my own bolt peep (sorta) for a .357 Rossi 16" Big Loop Carbine, that I also converted to a standard loop.

It took 3 shots to zero, using the issue front sight blade, and held zero for the 3 years I shot/hunted it - all the while shooting under 2-1/2" @ 100yds with factory 158ge JSP's (If I did my part).

I actually did two - one that I filed the ears off the existing bolt safety, and the other that I fashioned from an old Remington 1100 crossbolt safety button.

With both, I D/T'd the center 6-48 vertically, and special-ordered (no extra charge) a Skinner LoPro peep sight with a 6-48 threaded stem - which assembly replaced the lawyer bolt safety via opening the lever/bolt & tapping out the safety retainer pin, etc.

Since the ops places the peep exactly over the bore C/L, windage adjustment was nil on one rifle, and about 1/16" off (adj via front sight) on the other - IOW, negligable.

Fellow board member Nate "Kiowa" Jones, makes/sells a similar setup, that retains the safety feature via turning the peep so it cannot be sighted through. http://www.stevesgunz.com