OT- The Original Bowie Knife?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

Old Savage wrote:Just yesterday ordered a Bowie in stag from Sheffield - I'll be able to have it for father's day.

http://www.sheffield-cutlery.com/bowieknives.html

You can see it here by scrolling down.
Excellent. Which blade length are you going with?

I'm just sitting here trying to exercise some control after seeing Scott's latest pics. I'm gonna call that guy one of these days (been saying that for 20 years).
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

Bagwell will talk your ears off, but his knives are worth every penny.

He is talking about making us (he and I)a pair of damascus bowies with some engraving by our friend Riggs (if I can talk Jim into it). Knives we would never part with.

I have some really fine hunting partners. :D
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Old Savage wrote:Just yesterday ordered a Bowie in stag from Sheffield - I'll be able to have it for father's day.

http://www.sheffield-cutlery.com/bowieknives.html

You can see it here by scrolling down.
Pretty funny, a UK company selling knives no one in the UK can own. :lol:

Personally I think the best knife for the money made by anyone is Cold Steel. You'll go pretty far to find better steel.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I went with the 6". Sheffield was one of the original makers. It reminds me of one I had as a kid. I have a Cold Steel Master Hunter and agree about the AUS 8 in it.

If this was purely for use I would get the one KirkD got but it didn't fit the gift budget.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...