Question for 1894 Cowboy .357Mag owners

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Cracker
Levergunner

Question for 1894 Cowboy .357Mag owners

Post by Cracker »

I have a 1894CP and want to put the slimmer and non-checkered stock and forend on and was wondering if I could get someone who owns a Cowboy version to measure the length and barrel channel width of the forend so that I can make sure that it will work before laying out cash.

The stock looks like a non issue.

TIA
Yes, I know it's cocked, It's got bullets too.

ERROR 406: file corrupt: config.america -- reboot constitution? (Y/N)
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Mine measures 8 11/16" from the part or the receiver that the barrel contacts at the top to the forend cap. The barrel tapers from .84" at the receiver to .768" at the juncture of the forend and the forend cap. It is 8 5/8" from the bottom of the receiver to the forend cap. You will note that there is a portion of the forend that fits into a recess in the receiver that makes up the difference.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Cracker
Levergunner

Post by Cracker »

Thank you that is exactly what I am looking for.
Yes, I know it's cocked, It's got bullets too.

ERROR 406: file corrupt: config.america -- reboot constitution? (Y/N)