Prayer request

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Prayer request

Post by J Miller »

My wife lost her job last April. The company just up and closed, no notice. Nice Aprils Fools Joke .... NOT.

Any way we have been renting this house we are in month to month since the original lease ran out years ago. Trying to get out of here. There has never been enough money available to just up and move, so please don't tell me to just move. It requires money to do that, a place to go, and employment when you get there.
Money mostly.

Anyway, the land lord sent us a new lease to sign that is totally unacceptable. For one thing it would lock us in to the lease for a full year without a clause for us to be able to break the lease. We've been advised that if we moved prior to the end of the lease we would be held liable for the remainder of the lease payments.
They also gave us the option to continue month to month but at $50.00 more per month.
We are going to take that option for now even though it will hurt us financially.

My wife is now on SS and has some unemployment left and has an 'on call' job at the local school district so we do have a guaranteed income.

We have a lead on a nice house for a good price elsewhere. We've made contact with the realtor and are going to try for it. It would mean actually buying the house. Much lower payments, no stinking land lord, and more room. Also a better political environment.

What we need is prayers that we can get this pulled together and bring it off before the current LL forces us out. We've been told by the renters rights people they can't evict us as long as the rent is paid, but I don't think that will deter them at all.

So prayers are what we need.

Thanks in advance.

Joe and Elaine
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Prayer request

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Joe, you have my help. Hope things work out so that you can buy your new place. Renting can be very tough.
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Done - and Best of Luck!
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

God bless Joe and his good wife please.

Our Lord is greater than any land lord Joe and he likes straight honest folk.

What ever he wills comes to be.

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Prayers up.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Prayers Sent Joe. God Bless.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

You got em for sure Joe. I know how You have been wanting to get out of there, would the new place be in another state ? Blessings to You and Elaine.
On a side note, My Wifes job is supposed to end this month. She has known it for a wile now. She will be 65 on the 30th of this month so She will be eligible for Medicare and will probably draw Unemployment for a while. It will definitly make Us change our habits for a while.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Prayers sent Joe, I hope all goes well for you and your wife.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

pwl44m wrote:You got em for sure Joe. I know how You have been wanting to get out of there, would the new place be in another state ? Blessings to You and Elaine.
On a side note, My Wifes job is supposed to end this month. She has known it for a wile now. She will be 65 on the 30th of this month so She will be eligible for Medicare and will probably draw Unemployment for a while. It will definitly make Us change our habits for a while.
Perry
Perry,
Yes, it's in Indiana. Strangely we've been in IL since 98 and have few friends here. But we have several in IN. So we're trying to head over there.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
papabear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by papabear »

my prays to you and your wife
papabear
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
====================================================================
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed
For Those Who Don't None Will Do
====================================================================
Member Of The N.R.A.-North American Hunting club-Syosset Gun Club
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Joe I'll be praying for the Lord's will for you.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Where in Indiana?
Keepin my fingers crossed for ya.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

Joe, you know you've sure got them from me. Do what you've gotta do to not be evitcted of course but do not sign that lease! And do whatever you gotta do for that house (or another) in a different environment. I know you've been itching to get out west again, especially back here to Arizona, but I sense it's more important for you to make A change first and foremost. I've certainly been there. I also rented for way too many years and know that drill all too well. If you've got friends over in Indiana, that sure sounds like a good move for that reason alone. A move will give you a new lease (no pun intended) on life even if you don't think it's perfect in every way. Best to you my friend!
Last edited by gak on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Prayers up. We can always use another pro-gun Hoosier... :wink:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Prayers up for you Joe, keep us posted.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

AJMD429 wrote:Prayers up. We can always use another pro-gun Hoosier... :wink:
AJ, if we can get this done, there will be two more.

Joe
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

gak wrote:Joe, you know you've sure got them from me. Do what you've gotta do to not be evitcted of course but do not sign that lease! And do whatever you gotta do for that house (or another) in a different environment. I know you've been itching to get out west again, especially back here to Arizona, but I sense it's more important for you to make A change first and foremost. I've certainly been there. I also rented for way too many years and know that drill all too well. If you've got friends over in Indiana, that sure sounds like a good move for that reason alone. A move will give you a new lease (no pun intended) on life even if you don't think it's perfect in every way. Best to you my friend!
Gak,
You're right about that. We'd love to go back west but the finances just won't let us. A move east costs a 10th what one to AZ would cost.
JReed wrote:Where in Indiana?
Keepin my fingers crossed for ya.
Jeremy,

You got a PM.

Joe
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Prayers offered up my friend....
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

Prayers up that things work for you guys. I really hope this happens Joe.

Kevin
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Done! Prayers up for you friend.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Done! Hope the place in Indiana works out!
Have you hugged your rifle today?
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

J Miller wrote: Gak,
You're right about that. We'd love to go back west but the finances just won't let us. A move east costs a 10th what one to AZ would cost.
The $ differential is about what I figured, not to mention hassle factor....and the grass IS literally greener there than here I can assure you! Sometimes things happen in the other direction for a reason, and this one sounds very good.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Prayers up Joe!
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Thanks for all the support. It helps.
What I need now is strength to focus on cleaning, packing, throwing away, thinning out ..... that kind of thing.
We've gone from a 3 bed, two story house to a 2 bed one story house to this 1 bed one story house and still have stuff boxed from the first house. And of course 10 years of accumulation of "stuff" to try to go through.

Finding out where to start is major confusion at best. We were forced out of the last two houses and didn't really get to sort out our stuff. So we just moved it all and tried to clean it later. Well, some of it is still here. I'd like to remedy that before we leave here. I hope and pray I have the time.

So added prayers for clarity of mind would help too. For myself and my wife.

And one last request. Prayers that the land lord accepts our letter telling him we're going to stay month to month at this time and doesn't kick us out until we're ready to leave. That is my greatest and most crippling fear.

Joe
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

You have the prayers and good thoughts Joe, keep us posted on progress. Getting rid of stuff is not easy.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Thanks guys.

Besides prayers we could use a couple of strong backs to help us load this stuff. We might have the unloading covered on the IN end, but this end will be a killer if us two old pharts if we have to do it ourselves.
Anyone in the central IL area that could help out?

Joe
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Done Joe! Prayers up for sure!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

J Miller wrote:We've gone from a 3 bed, two story house to a 2 bed one story house to this 1 bed one story house and still have stuff boxed from the first house.
Last year I found a big box of stuff in our barn that was from my desk drawers back when I moved out of a dormitory in the 1970's. Even had a SLIDE RULE in it... :o

If you're church-members, don't forget that congregations most places have "youth groups" who are all about helping folks who need a hand with something; just give them as much notice in advance as possible.

I'm still trying to find out any tid-bits about the area for you, too.

Of course wherever you move to, "plain cardboard boxes" are ideal for 'gun' stuff, and if you have a gun safe, putting an old refrigerator-box around it upon move-in is a good idea. I'd never live anywhere I couldn't bolt a safe to some floor or wall or both, either, although I'd happily pay a landlord for repair of any needed holes. I did that in several apartments over the years.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Just saw this Joe. Prayers up for sure and for certain.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Prayers for all you need are on the way!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Indiana is a good place to live...at least, I liked it 20 years ago...all kinds of good hunting, and fishing.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Praying for you, friend.

John
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Thanks guys. I've got one more post to make then I think I'll take a shower and try to ease up the sore muscles and joints. I fell off the bottom of the stairs to the basement last night and then to add insult to injury a pile of boxes full of stuff fell on top of me. Thankfully it made so much noise my wife heard it came to my rescue. I was down on my knees wedged against the stairs with the boxes on my back and legs.
I kind of hurt this morning. I already hurt enough, I don't need any more.

Joe
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

AJMD429 wrote:
J Miller wrote:We've gone from a 3 bed, two story house to a 2 bed one story house to this 1 bed one story house and still have stuff boxed from the first house.
Last year I found a big box of stuff in our barn that was from my desk drawers back when I moved out of a dormitory in the 1970's. Even had a SLIDE RULE in it... :o

If you're church-members, don't forget that congregations most places have "youth groups" who are all about helping folks who need a hand with something; just give them as much notice in advance as possible.

I'm still trying to find out any tid-bits about the area for you, too.

Of course wherever you move to, "plain cardboard boxes" are ideal for 'gun' stuff, and if you have a gun safe, putting an old refrigerator-box around it upon move-in is a good idea. I'd never live anywhere I couldn't bolt a safe to some floor or wall or both, either, although I'd happily pay a landlord for repair of any needed holes. I did that in several apartments over the years.
AJ,
Much of my shooting stuff is in cat litter buckets and cardboard boxes. Only the gun cases are exposed.
I still have stuff from my child hood I'm going to throw away. To some it might be collectible, but to me it's just bulk and needs to go.

The gal we know from the Quilting Board forum says that part of town is a good one. But we'd live any visual report you might be able to give us. We've got pics of the house from Zilla and it looks oh so nice to us. Not big, but big enough to get a good start on.

If we can only get it and get help getting there. The QB friend says she knows a couple of young men there that might be helpful, but .... they are coin operated. :lol: That's the problem. The coin, or lack thereof.

Joe
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Been on this forum a long time. Have some friends from this forum in many places, but none anywhere near me. It is me, or Illinois?

Were I in AZ I know a couple of members there that might be able to help physically. Same in IN. But here, no one. Very strange.

Keep on praying guys, we need 'em. I'm coming unglued insides. I need an angel or two to drop by and keep my spirits up.

Joe
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

There is some coming............ and the ugliest angels you have ever seen.