Hello there ...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hqm
Levergunner

Hello there ...

Post by hqm »

Hi,

I was asked by the moderator to introduce myself so ...

I don't hunt, but love target shooting, and the 2nd amendment.

I've got a variety of rifles and handguns, my favorites are my M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, Sig 556, Kel Tec SU16, and Winchester model 1906. Handgun favorite is Smith and Wesson 1911, and the new M&P 45.

I recently got a stainless Rossi 92 20" .357 magnum lever rifle. I put the Skinner barrel mounted peep sight on it. I like the .357 a lot, but am really looking to get my hands on a .357 20" round barrel Uberti pump rifle, the replica of the Colt Lightning.

I've seen them in .45 LC, but I really prefer .357, especially so my kids and wife can have fun too while shooting .38 special or other light loading.

The Uberti Lightning seems hard to find, they only seem to have the Octagonal barrel model on their web site, and gunbroker hasn't had one in .357 for a few months it seems like.

Anyway, that's my current goal...
Ysabel Kid

Re: Hello there ...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Welcome to the fire! :D
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Welcome to the board! Nice goals to have "keeping the family involved that is"!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

howdy from Florida!
nice collection!, but only one lever....
ya gotta fix that....
and if you hang around here...
you will! :wink:

I want a lightning too!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Welcome & you do have a nice line up of guns!
hope you find a 357

ollogger
92&94
Senior Levergunner

Post by 92&94 »

Hello from another recent member. Good luck finding that Uberti, looking is half the fun (well, maybe 10%, shooting is way more fun than looking :mrgreen: )
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Welcome to the Fire, pull up a stump and sit a spell. We are a visual group though, an M1 Garand ? kinda got an idea what it looks like but would U happen to have a Pic of it ? and any other Guns as U deem willing.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Welcome aboard :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Are you sure you want to hang out with us?
We can get testy sometimes.
hqm
Levergunner

Post by hqm »

Lemme see if I can figure out how to include a picture.

Here is a photo of a nice Winchester 30-30 I had for a while, but it was too nice to actually shoot, so I sold it, I really should have kept it, but don't hunt and had a bee in my bonnet about some other gun I wanted to buy

I also had this real authentic old time Winchester 30-30, I regret selling it very much now
hqm
Levergunner

Post by hqm »

This is my .22 pump

This is the Garand

and M1 carbine

and Sig
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I like the stock on that carbine.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Very, very nice.....Love that Sig 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Nice Armament there, Yep I thought I had a fix on the Garand and that is just what I had pictured. What brand is it ? Yours looks to be pretty much Pristine. I'm with Mescy on the Carbine, beautiful Wood. I just ordered a Sling for My Carbine.
Perry
I think I'm gonna like this Boy
Last edited by pwl44m on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
hqm
Levergunner

Post by hqm »

I wish I'd ordered another carbine when they were cheep at CMP. NOw they're out of them for good it seems like.

Garands are still a steal, maybe I ought to try and invest in one more, they won't be plentiful from CMP forever either.
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

Welcome to the fire. Another non-hunter here. I just enjoy perforating paper. :)
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Welcome! :mrgreen:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Welcome from a hunter, SASS shooter and former IPSC competitor. You'll like it here.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Image and Welcome to THE Forum. Nice selection of guns... Yep, you shouldna sold them fine Winchesters.

But, I'd really advise you to give the Lightning Clone a pass. They're not very reliable, mainly due to feeding poorly. While several gunsmiths have tried to fix their issues, no real gains in reliability have been found that can be transferred from one gun to another. There are no champions using them in CAS (Cowboy Action Shooting).

The general consensus is that just like the original, they are really fragile, prone to breakage in their internals. And, just like the originals, poor sellers. I wish I had better news, as I'd like to have a smooth functioning pump also. One thing that I've heard, is that like the issues with model 1892 Winchesters, when used with straight walled pistol cartridges, any feed issues are exacerbated! The originals all used bottle-necked cases like the .32WCF, .38WCF and 44WCF. The combination of a round flat-nose bullet of a smaller diameter than the cartridge base aids feeding. If you can find one in 38WCF (.38-40), it can be loaded like a .38Spl or a .357 Mag. That would be my best advice.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
1894c

Post by 1894c »

HELLO... :)
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Howdy and welcome...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
92&94
Senior Levergunner

Post by 92&94 »

I like all those rifles just fine :mrgreen: I wish I'd bought some M1 carbines when they were really cheap, $150 kinda cheap. Oh well, hindsight and all :mrgreen:

Too bad you sold the levers, that first one was a beaut... but I know how that goes, I just dumped a couple mosins to buy another gun. I don't think I'll ever regret it, but you just can't predict that kind of thing.
hqm
Levergunner

Post by hqm »

Griff wrote:Image and Welcome to THE Forum. Nice selection of guns... Yep, you shouldna sold them fine Winchesters.

But, I'd really advise you to give the Lightning Clone a pass. They're not very reliable, mainly due to feeding poorly. While several gunsmiths have tried to fix their issues, no real gains in reliability have been found that can be transferred from one gun to another. There are no champions using them in CAS (Cowboy Action Shooting).

The general consensus is that just like the original, they are really fragile, prone to breakage in their internals. And, just like the originals, poor sellers. I wish I had better news, as I'd like to have a smooth functioning pump also. One thing that I've heard, is that like the issues with model 1892 Winchesters, when used with straight walled pistol cartridges, any feed issues are exacerbated! The originals all used bottle-necked cases like the .32WCF, .38WCF and 44WCF. The combination of a round flat-nose bullet of a smaller diameter than the cartridge base aids feeding. If you can find one in 38WCF (.38-40), it can be loaded like a .38Spl or a .357 Mag. That would be my best advice.
Thanks for the info! I was wondering why the pump pistol-caliber rifles weren't more popular, and it sounds like there are some issues. I did see an authentic one that said "38 caliber", perhaps and the price was not outrageous, maybe I will look into that; I just have never reloaded, so that would be a significant investment of time and brain cells. But it sounds like a fun project!
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Welcome to the forum. :D
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »