Danner Factory Boot ReBuild

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Danner Factory Boot ReBuild

Post by Blaine »

I've had some decent Danner Boots. This last pair that I got many moons ago are not one of them. They were the expensive Fort Lewis Boot that nearly twenty years ago were over two hundred bucks with a slight discount at the PX. Anyway, I had one pair of those that I used HARD for surveying, and hunting. When they wore out, I bought another pair (fifteen years ago) and they never were all that waterproof. I've worn them when riding scoot on dry days, and days in the woods when it's dry :roll: :roll:

Now, to the issue: Has anyone used the Danner Boot ReBuild? Are they good at it? They will re-do the Gortex and other damage for about 150 bucks.....(The new Ft Lewis Boot runs over three hundred) The ones I have now are in really good shape (because I can't get much use out of them as they are now :evil: ) So....a buck fifty for Americans to rebuild a good American Boot, or the same buck fifty to get a good pair of new foreign made?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
BobM
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Danner Factory Boot ReBuild

Post by BobM »

I had a pair of Acadia's resoled a couple years ago, it was around $90. I don't think $150 for a foreign made boot will get you as good a boot as the Danner. All I asked (and paid) for was the new soles; they came back looking like new and I wore them several years on police patrol.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I liked Danners but gosh, we walked them, and just about any other boot, to pieces. I wear LL Bean pacs now (the hunting shoe). Even a common shoe of any quality at all can cost $100 now. If Danners were all that to me I'd take a $150 pair over a $300 pair any day. As it is I just do not need that type of boot anymore.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Thats a tuff call to make, have you wore them latley? cuz I have boots that are 15 years old
that I cant get into anymore,my feet they got longer & wider, I wore out a few pair of Danners,
good boot no doubt, bout 20 years I bought my first pair of Whites & now have 3 pair
2 have been rebuilt & one pair is in need of a rebuild, & you can have the size changed as I did

ollogger
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

ollogger wrote:Thats a tuff call to make, have you wore them latley? cuz I have boots that are 15 years old
that I cant get into anymore,my feet they got longer & wider, d

ollogger
That happened to me too, my feet are bigger than they were 15 years ago.
I wore my personal prayer ft Lewis boots today because it was a chilly day .
they are much more comfortable than my Rocky made intermediate cold weather boots from my days in Bosnia. (I know because I wore those a couple days ago too because they have a lower height than the Fort Lewis boots and it makes them a little bit easier to get in and out of, but I can tell the difference after a long day).
----- Doug
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

This pair I'm talking about was a bit too big anyway.....They fit just fine now with heavy socks...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV