Great hunt for Jr. deer hunter/ pics added

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Great hunt for Jr. deer hunter/ pics added

Post by BenT »

Sorry no pictures they have to many pixels and I can't figure out how to edit them for less pixels in photobucket.

This is my sons 5 point he shot opener morning. I used my cellphone to take a picture and I didn't know he was covering up the rack, that's my brother hamming it up behind him.

It was the best opener I had in about 8 years which was great for my son ,Colton, who is 12. I sat in a double tree stand with him on top of the ridge. Fifty yards away was a fence which on the other side was thick with saplings. At 630 we had a big coyote come through. Then at ten to 7 a 8 point buck started pushing 3 does around in this patch of saplings on the other side of the fence. The does would come to the fence but that buck would not. This went on for an hour . My son had the buck in his cross hairs so many times but I wouldn't let him shoot because it wasn't a clear shot. There was times that the buck was coming toward the fence , my son was shaking the tree stand with buck fever, but he always turned around. Finally then went down over the hill away from us.

Then at 830 someone shot over the hill behind us and a nice big buck came flying by within 30 yards of stand and over the hill he went . That all happen ed in about 2 seconds. Now my son was bumming and said he should of shot one of those does.

Well at 9 we watched this 5 pointer came out of the saplings jumped the fence and came right towards us. He shot it at 35 yards with a Ruger 223 compact in the neck. It jumped up ran and hit the fence and tipped over.

This is the doe he shot with a Ruger 96 in 44mag.

We did a small drive at noon on the hillside of a limestone quarry the butts up to our property. Since my son is a young man he was send all the way to the top of the quarry. I was at top father down the ridge standing. Well we kicked out 4 does and that is when the shooting began . Two does came out by him on a run and he shot twice ,missed both. A minute later a 3rd doe came out in which shot with one shot. The funny thing was that all I could hear after the shooting was hooting and hollering . He was shouting "O ya deer down". He was super excited , my brother who was standing down at bottom in the field, could see my son at the skyline dancing and hollering with his gun up in the air. Well my son found out the merits of a levergun in the thick brush. It was a great day.
Last edited by BenT on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Re: Great hunt for Jr. deer hunter

Post by nemhed »

That's great! Nothing succeeds like success! I could PM you some photobucket instructions if that would help. Everybody loves pictures.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I can resize on IPhoto if you email them to me. tubbythetuba@comcast.net
:idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Great for both of you!
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Great hunt for Jr. deer hunter/ pics added

Post by BenT »

Blaine , Thanks for editing the photos .

I forgot to mention he shot that buck in the same spot that I shot my first buck when I was 12. Pretty Cool!
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

those smiles say it all....congrats
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

Way to go! Quite a morning!
.45colt