Modified my Browning 95

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Modified my Browning 95

Post by Lastmohecken »

Here is picture of my Browning Model 95 after I added a Williams Fool Proof 71 to it, and put a Lyman dovetail filler block in the open sight barrel dovetail and I had the stock cut and added an Old English Decelerator pad to replace the slick steel buttplate I never liked.
Last edited by Lastmohecken on Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

95s are my favorites. I got this one cheap years ago because it wasn't all original.

Fits me just fine. I've taken a pile of white tail with the old '06

8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

2ndovc,

Thats a fine looking old Winchester 95 you have there. I am still trying to get a picture up, but I am having trouble getting it done.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

[iImagemg][/img]

Woops! I don't know why I got a picture of my Wide Glide up instead of my rifle. I guess I will have to try again. This photobucket deal does not work very good for me.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Now that's some Winchester! Where did you install the Williams sight?
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Finally! Whew! I had to repost the picture in photobucket and down grade the quality some more, at least that seems to have worked
Last edited by Lastmohecken on Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

2ndovc wrote:95s are my favorites. I got this one cheap years ago because it wasn't all original.

8)
You must hunt out of state.......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

KirkD wrote:Now that's some Winchester! Where did you install the Williams sight?

I don't know, I can't find it either. :lol:
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Oh that is a sweet heart!

I am not collector so much as I am an accumulator and it is firearms like that trip my trigger. They have some history to them.

Pristine examples are for collectors......hunters and shooters value the experience these guns have been witness to.

Wm
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Anyway, I like this gun a lot better now. It's funny how sometimes, just a few minor changes can make a gun feel like a totally different animal. Getting rid of that flat and slick metal buttplate, made the gun feel totally different when I shoulder it, and of course the sights are better too.

It still has the original front sight, but I may have to change that, It maynot be tall enough, I havn't shot it yet since the change.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

BlaineG wrote:
2ndovc wrote:95s are my favorites. I got this one cheap years ago because it wasn't all original.

8)
You must hunt out of state.......
Michigan and PA. In Ohio I hunt with a revolver. I'd sure like to see the Pistol cal. Carbines become legal.
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Lastmohecken, that is a good looking rifle, when they fit good they shoot good too. What part of Arkansas are you in?
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

JerryB wrote:Lastmohecken, that is a good looking rifle, when they fit good they shoot good too. What part of Arkansas are you in?
I am in northwest Arkansas.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I finally got to test my Browning tonight, when I got home from work. I didn't have much time, but I wanted to find out if the front sight was going to have to replaced with a taller one. I knew it would be close, so I set up a quick target, and grabbed a small screwdriver to make adjustments.

I was very pleasantly surprised to see my first shot, at about 40yds hit dead center in a 1 inch square I had made with a magic marker on a cardboard box. I never touched the sights. I didn't have time to do it right, so I just set up a few rocks at various ranges out to about 75 yards and busted every one. I will leave well enough alone until I have time to set up a proper target, but I think the sights are going to be fine, using my favorite 220 gr silver tip load.

Also, I am very happy with the Old English Decelerator recoil pad. It just totaly changed the personality of this gun's handling, as opposed to that flat, slick steel buttplate. That factory buttplate on those guns, just had to of been about the worst buttplate choice ever put on a gun.
Wrangler John
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wrangler John »

No, the crescent buttplate on the 1886 is worse. Ouch!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Lastmohecken wrote:[

Woops! I don't know why I got a picture of my Wide Glide up instead of my rifle. I guess I will have to try again. This photobucket deal does not work very good for me.
Thats OK, Bikes are cool too---you know us boys gots to have our toys! :D

Its my son's Street Glide with me on it. Notice the kickstand? If it don't have a lever, I can't operate it.
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Good looking Street Glide, I also have a Roadking just about like it, but I have apehangers on it, like my Wide Glide has, I also removed the floorboards and made my own foward controls for it, I never could get used to the floorboards.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Wrangler John wrote:No, the crescent buttplate on the 1886 is worse. Ouch!
Actually, I think maybe the worst one is the one that came on my Browning B78 singleshot in 45/70. It's made like a darned fishhook on the bottom and believe me, you never want to fire that gun without getting that buttplate set just right on you shoulder, actually it needs to be, almost off of the shoulder with that fishhook hanging down in your armpit.