CVA 12ga double kit?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

CVA 12ga double kit?

Post by awp101 »

walks with gun wrote:I put together a 12 gauge CVA double kit this winter
I figured it would be easier to start a new thread to ask about these rather than me derailing Nath's thread... :lol:

I have an old CVA Tower Pistol kit to be assembled but I don't know that I'd trust it as more than a wall hanger. So, how are the 12ga kits? Are they still in production?
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Re: CVA 12ga double kit?

Post by walks with gun »

I'd have to do a search later and find out if there still in production. I took this one in years about 15 years ago that was missing some parts, the guy wanted me to put it together for him but didn't want to pay for the parts, so I set it aside and finally decided he's not coming back for it,(after 15 years) so I and Pitchy went to work on it. The inletting of the triggers and locks were pretty bad but after much tinkering it seems to work fine. I've used and seen alot of CVA guns when I was doing the Rondezvous thing and found them to be good accurate guns for the most part. Not usually eye pleasing but can be made so. I had a flintlock tower pistol but traded it off, sometimes I kinda miss it even though they aren't worth much but fun anyhow.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Cool, thanks! :mrgreen:

I understand CVA has a somewhat spotty reputation due to some blowups and safety related lawsuits but I've never really looked into whether it was the older stuff, newer stuff or luck of the draw.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

I thought it was the newer stuff! I had a Kentucky 45 years ago I built, very badly I must add! Once the barrel was shot in it shot very accurate.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Ironwood
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Ironwood »

I think CVA had a recall on some of their inlines. I have a CVA St Louis Hawkens. The rifle is very accurate even with the 1-48 twist.
Born in the Pineywoods of East Texas a long long time ago.