.32 win factory loads

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

.32 win factory loads

Post by walks with gun »

I was just wondering if you guys that shoot .32 winchesters have a prefrance for ammo brands as far as accuracy goes. Win. or rem. I don't know if Federal still makes a .32 load I'll have to check.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Re: .32 win factory loads

Post by Pisgah »

.32 WCF (.32-20)? or, .32 Winchester Special?
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

If your talking 32 spcl. I used Remington 170 gr corlokts with complete satifaction. That said I believe if I had used Federal or Winchester it would of worked just as well.
Also Hornaday 170 gr flat points are poison,(All I use)but I have never seen factory ammo in my area.
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

I'm sorry I should have said .32 win special.
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

I use primarily Federals especially hunting. Winchesters a close second. But not quite as good as the feds through my marlin. I can shoot those feds in quarter size groups at 100yds, winchesters stretch that a bit, but would be comfortable shooting them if I had to.

Never tried Remingtons through it. Never had to and haven't seen them in the stores. I might get a box and try them though, never been a big fan of Remington, except the core-lokt, I believe it to be old tried and true. Sure worked on my moose in 338ME.

Never tried the Hornady gummys either. Probably never will.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

I've researched the Hornady's for my 32 Special on a few good forums asking for actual game success or failure reports. Many report good accuracy and dandy deer performance. The lever evolution ammo does offer noticeably better long range performance, if that matters, and the new powder is giving an extra punch in velocity. I searched a bunch of ammo retailers who have reviews and the 30-30 and 32 Special ammo is well received by hunters who aren't gun nuts like some of us. I would use on deer but might use something else for moose if I wasn't a loader.

I also encountered unsubstantiated reports that the first generation of bullets were less robust than the second generation current bullet.

As a handloader I'm going to work up a Speer 170 gr and Leverevolution powder load. 86er's reports on bullet performance for the Speer Hot-Cor bullet in the 30-30 notes a strong bullet with controlled expansion and an excellent BC for the small FN on the bullet. I'm sure similar performance would be expected from the 32 bullet.