Savage Arms Comes Through

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Savage Arms Comes Through

Post by COSteve »

I got my son a Savage 10GXP3 rifle package in .223 last August and he's really enjoys it. While I was in Spain, he slung it over his shoulder at home and the rivet on the sling failed allowing the rifle to fall and strike the ground on the front of the scope. As you can see, the scope bent right in front of the front mount rendering it scrap metal.

I was afraid that Savage would give me the old, "You dropped it and so it's your fault." run around when I called this morning but I got a pleasant surprise. I sent in an email with the picture above and the customer service woman told me that they wanted the rifle back so that they could check it out for any other damage while they replaced the scope and sling under warranty. :D

In a way it's sad that I'm posting this at all. Time was that American companies stood behind their products, no questions asked. These days more and more will fight you to the death to avoid responsibility for their mistakes. Savage Arms, gratefully, isn't one of them.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Savage Arms Comes Through

Post by earlmck »

Like you say Steve, it's a little sad that you felt relieved enough and grateful enough to make the post. But it does make a fellow feel good go know some of the outfits are still standing behind their product.

Maybe Sixgun shoulda' checked with Savage to see if that old 99 he is restoring is under warranty :lol:
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
dogngun
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dogngun »

Some people still look down on Savage, but I have been shooting various Savage rifles for decades, and have not found more accurate centerfire rifles made here in the US. The company constantly improves their products-really improves them, not making changes for the sake of changes, and their customer service should be a guide for every other American company. They are really great to deal with, do not make you feel like you are begging or that they are doing you a great favor.

They really appreciate your business and they let you know it.

I currently own a 1971 Savage 99 in .308, but I doubt the warrantee is still good-I'm not the original owner.
Good thing there are no problems with it after 41 years...

mark
Last edited by dogngun on Thu May 31, 2012 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The GOP/teabag party - Anti American AND stupid.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Time was that American companies stood behind their products, no questions asked. These days more and more will fight you to the death to avoid responsibility for their mistakes.
I think they do more than ever; they are willing to give away free product to maintain an over-the top reputation. Because holding a consumer responsible for their own mistakes isn't popular.

The mistake here was yours, not theirs. Time was when the American consumer admitted they broke it.

Still that's good news for me, I'm about to order a Savage .22lr; I figured it was time to patronize a company who makes so many left-handed rifles.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Sounds to me like Savage is a very good company. I cannot imagine how you could break the rivet on the sling under any normal circumstance. I have a Stevens rifle, and it is quite accurate, and the trigger is all I could ask for.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

piller wrote:Sounds to me like Savage is a very good company. I cannot imagine how you could break the rivet on the sling under any normal circumstance. I have a Stevens rifle, and it is quite accurate, and the trigger is all I could ask for.
I asked Peter about it myself and he said that he found the head of the rivet had just fallen off and the rivet pulled out of the leather. Sounds like they over swaged the head.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Well since I just bought my first Savage it makes me feel good to read this.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Howdy,
In shooting ground squirrels, 17 HMR, one goes through thousands of rounds a year. A friend of mine finely wore the barrel out. It was a Savage and when he talked to them they said send it in. Later in the mail comes a brand new rifle. :D All I can say is wow!

John
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

The gentleman that lives a couple of miles through the woods from me got a "package rifle" branded as Stevens (made by Savage) and it had a bad crown. He sent it back and they replaced the rifle and gave him an upgrade on the scope. Outstanding service in my opinion, if I'm ever in the market for a bolt gun they will receive my business.

Eric