I always wanted a Colt revolver rifle.........

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hightime
Senior Levergunner

I always wanted a Colt revolver rifle.........

Post by hightime »

I'm actualy thinkin' about a Rossi Circuit Judge 45/410 revolver rifle. I think it's based on the pistol called The Judge. The local gun shop has a used one. I have to wonder why the owner bought it new and now got rid of it. Has anyone shot one of these?

Owen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: I always wanted a Colt revolver rifle.........

Post by J Miller »

Owen,

I can't say as if I've ever seen one of those ....... umm, well I can't think of a term to use for them that won't get bleeped. Let me just say that Taurus guns are hit or miss in the QC department and those things are a waste of raw materials.

OK, that was my own opinion and I'm sure the next poster will tell you to go ahead and buy it. So, if you do by all means give us a really good range report.

Oh, and don't expect it to shoot as good as your Uberti 73.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

They are.... interesting, I guess.

But I have serious issues with putting any body part under, beside, or in front of a cylinder gap.

But that's just me...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
missionary5155
Levergunner 3.0

Post by missionary5155 »

Greetings
Individuals buy items for all sorts of reasons, then discover there are all sorts of reasons to sell.
About 8 years ago an ILLinois State Police officer purchased a S&W snubby .357 mag at a police supply store. Took it to the back range and fired 10 rounds of 125 grain ammo . Took the revolver and remaining ammo back up to the counter and told the worker (Josh) to sell that thing.
I walked in about 2 hours later and there in the used gun shelf was a near new S&W .357 snubby with a very attractive price that went home with me several days after the event.
Very nice handling revolver with +P 38 Special ammo.
Mike in Peru
A sinner saved by FAITH in the Blood of Jesus Christ &teaching God´s Word in Peru. John 3:36
Tanker 71-74 NRA Life Ready to Defend the Constitution from enemies within and without.
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

The cylinder to barrel gap is the tightest I've ever seen. There's a guard or deflector arround it too., Bur yeah, it a bit strange looking. If it shoots worse than my Uberti, I'd better watch my feet.

Owen
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

It IS sorta funny how if a guy has a gen-u-ine "Colt" gun, or even some other maker, that is made of soft 19th century steel, and has no safety features, we all tend to gather round and say how neat it is, and want to shoot it, keeping in mind we need to use 'mild' loads.

Make the same thing out of modern steel, add a couple (but evidently not enough) safety features, and we'll say how ugly it is, and speculate about how inaccurate and/or dangerous it will be to shoot.

Not sayin' I really have the urge to go out and buy one, but if you wanted something to shoot a few rounds of .410 out of pretty fast, with maybe a .45 Colt 'slug' mixed in the cylinder, it could be kind of fun. A .45 Colt slug would be better than the ones they sell for .410 (which perform like a 'vintage' loaded .32-20), though with all that travel before the rifling, I'd probably just load the .45 Colts with round balls, unless I could find some all-brass .410 cases and load me up some more 'modern' slugs.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

The Judge, and all its descendents, were answers to questions no one had seriously asked in decades, as witness the paucity of such things since the demise of the Colt/Root revolving rifles and shotguns, and the lack of practical popularity of the Colt's revolving pistol/carbines...

The .45/.410 combination renders such guns neither fish nor fowl, in the performance department, and the Blast Shield idea seems destined to direct gas and particles back into the shooter's face, should any escape the opening..
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Maybe Mossberg could be persuaded to take over the manufacture, and add several accessory rails and a telescoping plastic stock to the mix...???
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

AJMD429 wrote:It IS sorta funny how if a guy has a gen-u-ine "Colt" gun, or even some other maker, that is made of soft 19th century steel, and has no safety features, we all tend to gather round and say how neat it is, and want to shoot it, keeping in mind we need to use 'mild' loads.

Make the same thing out of modern steel, add a couple (but evidently not enough) safety features, and we'll say how ugly it is, and speculate about how inaccurate and/or dangerous it will be to shoot.
Doc,
It ain't ugly--its fugly. :D And I'd like to add, useless.

Original Colt revolving rifles are very cool. :D I almost got to shoot one last year but my buddy got outbid at an auction--it went for 8g's. ----Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

One of the guys I know bought one of those creatures, thought it might be a fun family gun, he and his wife both told me even with the gas shield in front of the cylinder it spit out so much stuff they were afraid to shoot it, it started her to flinching. The original colt's looked neat, but I don't see much sence in these things.
dogngun
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dogngun »

missionary5155 wrote:Greetings
Individuals buy items for all sorts of reasons, then discover there are all sorts of reasons to sell.
About 8 years ago an ILLinois State Police officer purchased a S&W snubby .357 mag at a police supply store. Took it to the back range and fired 10 rounds of 125 grain ammo . Took the revolver and remaining ammo back up to the counter and told the worker (Josh) to sell that thing.
I walked in about 2 hours later and there in the used gun shelf was a near new S&W .357 snubby with a very attractive price that went home with me several days after the event.
Very nice handling revolver with +P 38 Special ammo.
Mike in Peru

After the early Dirty Harry moves, there were many opportunities to buy very slightly used M29 Smiths, cheap. I had several, one of which came with a box of ammo with 6 rounds missing...

Eastwood made it look so EASY! :lol:

I have been thinking about one of those cap and ball Remington revolving carbines...always wanted one.

mark
The GOP/teabag party - Anti American AND stupid.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

walks with gun wrote:The original colt's looked neat, but I don't see much sense in these things.
That's kind of the way I feel, but I still find it amusing how being 'vintage', even if something isn't particularly practical, gives it automatic prestige... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

The Circuit Judge now also comes in .22 magnum and .44 magnum.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

And believe it or not, they make a lever gun version of that fugly thing!

:shock:

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

NO! NO! TAKE IT AWAY! MAKE IT STOP...!
Regards

Buck

dogngun
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dogngun »

olyinaz wrote:And believe it or not, they make a lever gun version of that fugly thing!

:shock:

Oly

Is that thing REAL? Looks like it's from some online zombie killing game... :shock:

mark
The GOP/teabag party - Anti American AND stupid.