FWIW , Here's the real deal !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

FWIW , Here's the real deal !

Post by 6pt-sika »

We've had customers coming in asking for the normal run of the mill bang bang ammo for the 223 , 308 , 9mm and 45 ACP .

That stuff has pretty much dried up at our distributers . Granted I think it's people trying to stock up in anticipation of the Black Cloud being re-elected . But still there IS a shortage of the less expensive hardball stuff for the cartridges mentioned !

Personally it doesn't effect me . I don't shoot FMJ's very much if at all . But just thought I would pass this along .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: FWIW , Here's the real deal !

Post by Old Ironsights »

I don't shoot much cast in my .45 or HK-91, so cheap Ball/mil-spec does matter to me for those guns.

Mail Order hasn't completely dried up, but it's getting spotty...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

Hmmm...must be a local phenomenon. I haven't seen any such shortage here in Sacramento. Plenty of the Federal 55 FMJ on the shelves. Same for 9mm ball. I've picked up several ammo cans worth of the Federal 62gr green tip stuff. My Rock River loves it.

The shortages I've seen are the compact 9mm and .380 auto pistols. Those things are being snapped up like crazy.

Thankfully, I'm shopping for my .45 Blackhawk. No shortage there. :D
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

stew71 wrote:Hmmm...must be a local phenomenon. I haven't seen any such shortage here in Sacramento. Plenty of the Federal 55 FMJ on the shelves. Same for 9mm ball. I've picked up several ammo cans worth of the Federal 62gr green tip stuff. My Rock River loves it.

The shortages I've seen are the compact 9mm and .380 auto pistols. Those things are being snapped up like crazy.

Thankfully, I'm shopping for my .45 Blackhawk. No shortage there. :D

D....a....m....n people actually own guns in Cali :lol:

Sorry i couldn't resist . I cannot say about your area but in mine it is slim at best and the folks we buy from are pretty much out as we speak !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I'm more "worried/intrested" about reloading components !

I just layed in 5,000 CCI200 primers and 8 pounds of H322 . So worse come to worse I can shoot my 444's and 45-70's for a year or two !

Also have about 6 pounds of IMR8208 , 7 pounds of IMR4350 and 4 pounds RL7 . Oh yeah alomst forgot 6 or 7 pounds RL22 . So I'm pretty well covered as far as powder and large rifle primers are concerned . I have maybe 3,000 large rifle magnum primers on hand so that 's okay . Couple thousand small pistol primers , maybe 3,500 small rifle primers and a goodly number of large pistol primers .

Got a couple hundred of most of the jacketed bullets I typically use and almost a ton of WW ingots so I'm in pretty good shape overall . I am down to a couple thousand 44 gas checks and maybe 1500 45 gas checks . Might need to look into 2000 more 45 checks and maybe 5000 44 checks in the next month or so .

Could use about 3 pounds of H110 , but if I run out I have a couple pounds of 2400 I can use instead .
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

oh boy, here we go again.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Thanks for the tip 6pt :D
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Yep, no shortage at this end of California either. Imagine, California, after all the bad mouthing we get, has a better ammo supply than Virginia
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

jeepnik wrote:Yep, no shortage at this end of California either. Imagine, California, after all the bad mouthing we get, has a better ammo supply than Virginia
Well of couse, y'all ain't allowed any EBRs to shoot it in! :P :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Plenty of .22 , 9, and .223 forsale around here. Guess the tin foil hat crowd has less of a following here :lol:
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

I haven't had any trouble finding ammo, but it seems like there are a lot of distributors out of AR-15 parts, such as uppers and complete rifle kits. I probably do need to buy some more primers, and a few more pounds of powder, but i've got enough to get by for a while.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

No ammo shortage here yet, but black guns and compact pistols are flying off the shelves.

Oly
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I warned you boys last month! I told my son during that time and he went out and bought a thou. of Federal XM855 green tip .223 at the Walmart in Denver. He told me there was a mess of it there when he bought it and was sold out 2 days later.

If you boys really need it, give Targetmaster a call. Tom has about 10 PALLETS of assorted ammo stacked to the ceiling, but...........its going out fast.

He will always have it as he is factory direct with Federal and Remington on a priority basis, but he ain't stupid--the price rises accordingly to the shortage.------------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Griff wrote:
jeepnik wrote:Yep, no shortage at this end of California either. Imagine, California, after all the bad mouthing we get, has a better ammo supply than Virginia
Really?

Another misinformed person educated. It's a long slow process, but eventually the truth will be spread.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

jeepnik wrote:
Griff wrote:
Really?

Another misinformed person educated. It's a long slow process, but eventually the truth will be spread.

Yes ! with the all important Mexican blanket as a backdrop ! --- i can picture you at the Silver Strand waiting for stuff to jump off while you work on your tan !
----- Doug
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

The serape is one of my wife's family heirlooms. Oh, did I ever mention my wife is of Mexican descent. Seems her people immigrated here before a bunch of Americans immigrated illegally to California. But that's okay, she doesn't hold it against me. :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

:lol: