OT: 44-40 Frontier Six Shooter new from Colt?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

OT: 44-40 Frontier Six Shooter new from Colt?

Post by rangerider7 »

I have heard that Colt is going to start putting "Frontier Six Shooter" on a new Colt SAA just like the first generations. Has anybody else heard this?
"That'll Be The Day"
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Everybody (Ruger, Uberti, USFA, Taurus, etc) is building a SA revolver similar to the Colt SAA and making money but Colt went broke doing it.

Everybody (Springfield Armory, Taurus, S&W, Sig, Para Ordance, Caspian, etc) is building a 1911 and making money but Colt went broke doing it.

Everybody (S&W, Bushmaster, Armalite, FN/Herstal) is building a version of the AR-15 and making money but Colt went broke doing it.

Makes you wonder ......

Wm
roughing it
Levergunner

Re: OT: 44-40 Frontier Six Shooter new from Colt?

Post by roughing it »

rangerider7 wrote:I have heard that Colt is going to start putting "Frontier Six Shooter" 44-40 cal. on a new Colt SAA just like the first generations. Has anybody else heard this?
Must be true. RSR shows them listed on their website catalog but none in stock.
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

This is true, a limited run is the word I got.

A place to order them is here:

http://www.nevadawesternfirearms.com/
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Good points wm. Never thought of it quite like that. 1886.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yes, true, Cowboy Tutt showed a pic of one I believe in his post from the Shot Show. Quite a bit of nostalgic history there.
wm wrote:Everybody (Ruger, Uberti, USFA, Taurus, etc) is building a SA revolver similar to the Colt SAA and making money but Colt went broke doing it.
Everybody (Springfield Armory, Taurus, S&W, Sig, Para Ordance, Caspian, etc) is building a 1911 and making money but Colt went broke doing it.
Everybody (S&W, Bushmaster, Armalite, FN/Herstal) is building a version of the AR-15 and making money but Colt went broke doing it.
Makes you wonder ......
Wm
And while some make changes, both good and bad, some don't always make money copying them. There's more to going broke in any business than the product you produce.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

An excerpt from my SHOT SHOW report:

Colt seems to be ramping up their SAA line and had some new models to show. I have to say the one's I saw were very, very nice. The color-case hardening had deeper colors than what I saw at Uberti, the bluing was very nice, and the fit of the frame to receiver was tight. They have a new Frontier and Sherriff model.

Their products can be found at http://www.coltsmfg.com/cmci/custom.asp