50-95 reloading data and info.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Crazy Horse
Levergunner 1.0

50-95 reloading data and info.

Post by Crazy Horse »

Has anyone got any information on reloading the 50-95 in the 1876 Uberti's? I was thinking about getting one and I want to shoot smokeless powder in it. I know some people will want to shoot BP to be period correct but I will leave the BP to my Sharps. I don't want BP residue all in the action of a new Uberti 1876. Has Lee made any dies for this caliber? I know they made some 45-75 dies for the 1876 that Chaperell (sp?) came out with because I bought a set from them. The cheapest dies I have found so far are at Buffalo Arms for about $150. Any information will be greatly appreciated...
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Here is a link to a forum for the 1876. :)

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index. ... ,89.0.html
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The 1876s are a classroom on reloading, history, etc. It is unfortunate that we have to re-learn the lessons Winchester had learned and on our own without the resources they had even back in the 1880-1890s. We did have a notable person who was going to pressure test the BP and smokeless loads but I'm afraid that might not be happening. :(
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

50/95 data for 1876 winchester

Post by hfcable »

here is the link:

http://www.loaddata.com/members/search_ ... licID=2689

and here is the data from the link:

Wt. Bullet Powder Manufacturer Powder Charge Velocity (FPS)
314 NEI #510-300GC Goex FFg 80.0 1,494

Remarks: group (two 5 shot groups @ 100 yds.): 6.13 & 7.25

314 NEI #510-300GC Goex Cartridge 85.0 1,501
cable