Ted Williams, Sears Roebuck 30-30 Info

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Ted Williams, Sears Roebuck 30-30 Info

Post by nemhed »

I found an ad for a Ted Williams 30-30, the ad doesn't say anything about it's condition. Any information you guys have on these would be a big help.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

It's a Winchester or Marlin made for Sears. Without a model number it's hard to say. Either way if the price is right I'd buy it.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

He's asking $325, says it comes with a "side mount for a scope attached". It's supposed to be in good condition. From what I gather these are supposed to be Winchesters.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

If it has a side mount, it's a Winchester. The price seems high but if it's really clean and has a nice scope it might be worth it. I like store brand guns myself.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
Marc
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marc »

I have a Ted Williams model 100. It is a post-64 top eject Winchester and is a very good shooter. I think the price is a little high too.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Every time I think of those Ted Williams rifles I have to chuckle to myself. I remember one day while I was looking at something in a gun shop a guy came in with one. He told the guy behind the counter he was wanting to sell it. the guy from the gun shop says well, it might be worth $75, which was about right as this was in the early 80's. the guy with the gun went ballistic saying he wasn't going to get riped off because he had a Ted Williams "COMMEMORATIVE" rifle and he knew it was worth more than that. The guy grabbed the gun and went stomping off out the door. I think everyone in the shop got a laugh out of it.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Every time I think of those Ted Williams rifles I have to chuckle to myself. I remember one day while I was looking at something in a gun shop a guy came in with one. He told the guy behind the counter he was wanting to sell it. the guy from the gun shop says well, it might be worth $75, which was about right as this was in the early 80's. the guy with the gun went ballistic saying he wasn't going to get riped off because he had a Ted Williams "COMMEMORATIVE" rifle and he knew it was worth more than that. The guy grabbed the gun and went stomping off out the door. I think everyone in the shop got a laugh out of it.
HA!
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Commemorative?? Dang I knew I should have saved those old empty .22 shells. And those paint brushes too, I think they said Bob Villa on them!!

:D :D :D