Gotta buy some more guns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Gotta buy some more guns

Post by Chas. »

My son gave me a 27-gun safe for Christmas (Liberty Franklin FR-27). Since I don't have enough guns to fill it, I'm gonna have to buy some more. Filling up the safe is the goal, right? He hasn't actually ordered it yet. He wants me to meet him at the local Gander Mountain one day this week and place the order and work out the delivery. Anybody have any thought on Liberty Franklin? I know nothing about safes.
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Re: Gotta buy some more guns

Post by Buck Elliott »

You can't go wrong with a Liberty Franklin.. I'd suggest getting the mechanical combination lock..

ENJOY !!!
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Nice present, great son.

Just because it says "27 guns" doesnt mean necessarily that it HOLDS 27 guns. 27 shotguns or lever guns maybe, but certainly not scoped rifles, EBR's, etc. Better wait to see how much room you have left before heading out to the gunshow or you may wind up needing another safe! :D

Liberty makes good products, I have two and am well satisfied with them.

Does your son need another dad? :lol:
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Grats on the nice safe and have fun filling it up, but remember when it`s full then ya gotta buy another safe. :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

You will have a good safe. My grandson and I bought a Liberty safe a few years ago, I like it real well, you can sure stack alot of long guns in it. I made a pistol rack for the top shelf, that helped. Enjoy it.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Buck Elliott wrote:You can't go wrong with a Liberty Franklin.. I'd suggest getting the mechanical combination lock..
ENJOY !!!
+1
jnyork wrote:Nice present, great son.
Just because it says "27 guns" doesnt mean necessarily that it HOLDS 27 guns. 27 shotguns or lever guns maybe, but certainly not scoped rifles, EBR's, etc. Better wait to see how much room you have left before heading out to the gunshow or you may wind up needing another safe! :D
Liberty makes good products...
Does your son need another dad? :lol:
Ah, com'n now, my 28 gun safe holds 42... well... ok, 14 of those aren't in slots... and a couple are doubled up, but you can sometimes get more'n the "number" specified in there!
Yep... had a tour thru their factory... pretty impressive, especially their "hi-end" models! I've picked up at the factory... and delivered a bunch... always wished I had an extra few bucks when I got there, as I could use another safe...
+1
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I modified the interior by basically taking it all out except the top 'pistol' shelf, and used dowel rods at angles from a side-bar to the ceiling, which allows muzzle-up or muzzle-down storage, and they are angled also towards the front, which makes it easy to take a rear gun out without moving the others. It also allows guns as short as a 16" Rossi puma to be in the same area as a 1903 Springfield or muzzleloader, unlike many of the standard racks, plus using dowels as I did kept the lower part of the safe less cluttered, and allows all barrel lengths without the 'threading' through holes some of the interiors require.

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
msmith1228
Levergunner 2.0

Post by msmith1228 »

Removing the bolt from the bolt guns helps a lot.
Mack
Shrapnel
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Shrapnel »

I have a Liberty Lincoln series safe and it is a great safe for both theft and fire protection. The number they tell you for guns is purely arbitrary. My safe was made for 46 and I can easily get over 50...

shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

I got a good stack of cash for Christmas for the purpose of buying a concealed carry piece. Then I got to thinking I may need a safe worse than the gun. It's a tough decision, but I like those Liberty safes. What to do, what to do ......
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

msmith1228 wrote:Removing the bolt from the bolt guns helps a lot.
Mack
Good point. I took the bolts out of most of mine and keep them in a separate box with tags matching the gun and/or serial number they belong to.
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

buying a safe was a difficult decision for me also, with the cost as much as a couple of nice guns. Very glad I did it now though. Wish I'd gotten a bigger one. I also wouldn't touch an electronic lock, get the mechanical dial.
Mine is a Heritage from UT. Wife got to pick the color of the in and outsides.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

shooter wrote: . What to do, what to do ......
Get the safe. Then, when you get the gun, you will have a much better chance of keeping it.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Shrapnel I'm jealous. My 7 gun safe is full and I thought myself a lucky guy! I'm seriously deprived or is it depraved, I get those two confused.

Chas. I looked at one of those safes up here. It was smaller but real good quality construction. Fine lad you got there.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I saw the thread title "Gotta buy some more guns" and thought "Well... DUUUH..." :lol:

Then I saw the photo inside Doc AJ's safe and have to ask:

Hey Doc, what do have on that Plaster (Ultimate Sniper) stock?

:?: :)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.