The Kings deer. Really?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hightime
Senior Levergunner

The Kings deer. Really?

Post by hightime »

This country has ten thousand ways to tax and me paying to shoot the deer I raise and feed though tough winters, tick me off. We have a couple hundred acres of woods with big swamps bordering our land. Most any deer I see lives there most of it's life.
A relative came to hunt one year. He paid the state like $150 for the right to hunt a deer on my land. I pay every year. My son , my daughter and my grandkids pay. Yet if it's a tough winter, the state doesn't help out. No habitat work. A few years back they trucked some wolves in. Nice.
Yes, I can get a free deer. If I open the property to the public.

Sorry just venting.......Owen
Last edited by hightime on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Kings deer. Realy?

Post by Tycer »

I understand. I moved here from MN. As much as a pita the MNDNR is, from what I've seen in other states, MNDNR does seem to spend our tax dollars better than most.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Isn't government wonderful?

And people wonder why I'm a borderline anarchist.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
gimdandy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gimdandy »

l do things a tad different
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Re: The Kings deer. Really?

Post by hightime »

I'm a bit different than most too. Let's not attract attention though.

Owen

Sorry about my spelling. I just don't get English.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

That last part worries me... yer spelling looks fine to me. :lol:

Here in Fla if it's your property it's your game, unless it's of the migratory nature.At least it was the last time I checked. Then the feds want a cut too.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Here in Texas, one of the former Candidates for Governor, didn't win, wanted to stop all fishing and hunting. A group of fishermen and hunters got a chance to talk to him. They explained that license sales took care of most of the Parks and such. When it was all over, he changed his political stance. Lesson learned for me, don't just gripe, go talk to the politicians and explain things to them. Some of them might actually listen. Please don't consider this political. I have tried to not mention any party or person, and I think that, since it is tied into license sales, that it is about hunting and fishing.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

actually, in Texas, parks and wildlife is running half-staff and zero maintenance, even though the revenues from licenses and park entrance fees should cover full staff and then some. The state parks that don't earn their keep are being turned over to the counties.
The reason is the TPWD revenues are pilfered for roads.
The reason for that is the highway taxes are pilfered for education.
Welcome to Texas.
K1500
Levergunner 2.0

Post by K1500 »

My take: they are the people's deer, not the landowners (what, you want to be King?). One reason we have regulation is to prevent a patchwork of landowners exploiting their fiefdoms by killing all the deer. I ‘own’ a small portion of the national forest, yet it does not give me the right to exploit it without regulation or fees.

I have lived on a farm. I understand your sentiment. Perhaps there is a more equitable way to share the burden (waive license fees if you are hunting on your own land)? On the other hand, if you are the recipient of any subsidy/CRP money, well....

The law does not agree with folks who justify poaching via overlimits/out of season/no license just because they are landowners (not that the OP suggested this). I've seen a bunch of this when farming, and it smacked of greed to me.
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

You could use that argument, but the truth is there are no limits here for how many deer you shoot. Ya just have to get another lic. I on the other hand am concerned about the deer harvest and want the herd to be healthy. You could have rules without tramping on people. We need to have a sanctuary for our minds sake.
Maybe if I hadn't owned the land my whole life, Maybe if my dad hadn't and maybe if his dad hadn't, Maybe I'd feel less opressed. The truth is I probably won't be able to keep paying taxes on the property on SS.
I know there are people who are mad because they have nowhere to hunt, but that's a different issue. If they only knew how much it costs to rent what you'd like to think is paid for land. I call it rent, because there is no way to stay there if you don't can't pay the taxes.

Owen
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

In the state of Virginia a landowner does not need a license to hunt on his own property nor do his wife , kids or grandkids . However anything you kill above and beyond whats on a normal Va Big Game Tag ( VA Big Game License has tags for 3 turkey , 1 bear , three antlerless deer and three either sex deer tags) requires additional bonus tags which are sold 6 in a block . In the county I live in you can kill 2 per day all year long during the variouse seasons . The one stipulation however is only allowing 3 antlered deer per year . But in my county it's antlerless legal the entire hunting season .

I went a number of years without buying a license in VA , but in the last 3 or 4 years I had to start getting them again as I have a couple friends who's properties I now hunt besides my own .

One of the dollar for dollar better buys in a game license I've ever seen for an out of stater is in the little state of Maryland . Your original Big Game license entitles you to 1 buck whitetail , 1 buck Sika , 1 antlerless Sika and 10 does whitetails in the parts of the state I hunt all for about $130 . Then for another $25 you can ado the same numbers during archery season and for an additional $25 you can again add the same numbers in muzzle loading season . The only thing in Maryland I find even remotely expensive is an additional whitetail buck tag in each of the three seasons at $25 a pop for a non res .

Technically speaking the state of Maryland allows 33 whitetails and 6 Sika for a grand total to a non res of $180 . And then you can add the afrementioned buck tags for another $75 shud you wish !

Maryland has a kinda neat law that I actually like . In each season they require you to tag two antlerless deer in any season you hunt before you can legally shoot your second buck on the bouns tag .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

K1500 wrote:My take: they are the people's deer, not the landowners (what, you want to be King?). One reason we have regulation is to prevent a patchwork of landowners exploiting their fiefdoms by killing all the deer. I ‘own’ a small portion of the national forest, yet it does not give me the right to exploit it without regulation or fees.

I have lived on a farm. I understand your sentiment. Perhaps there is a more equitable way to share the burden (waive license fees if you are hunting on your own land)? On the other hand, if you are the recipient of any subsidy/CRP money, well....

The law does not agree with folks who justify poaching via overlimits/out of season/no license just because they are landowners (not that the OP suggested this). I've seen a bunch of this when farming, and it smacked of greed to me.

It's kinda like when you go to a "all you can eat buffet place and the big fat smelly guy in front of you dripping his sweat on the counter piles food on his tray 2 ft high" :o Sickening---- why we don't go there.

We have a lot of people around these parts that abuse the system,they get their buck/multiple doe tags then have their wife/kid(which neither hunt just get theirs)and also the greedy yahoos use up all their tags.

Its simple----------being a pig is being a pig

hightime-------------just look at it this way,your making a small contribution to your states wildlife association.
Here is one for ya for many years at my summer place(living at part of the year)How bout paying $300 when your neighbor down the road paid $40 for hunting licenses because of your Driver's License being from your other place 5 miles away in border state???????????
Pay it and be glad you own some land--------------your lucky--------------you control your domain friend.

Keep it and let the wilderness fill that primal part of your soul.(anyone tells you otherwise,their full of smoke) :lol: :lol: :shock:
Anyone tells you to get rid of it(relative or not)---------------Dump em!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

madman4570 wrote: We have a lot of people around these parts that abuse the system,they get their buck/multiple doe tags then have their wife/kid(which neither hunt just get theirs)and also the greedy yahoos use up all their tags.
That goes on around here to a certain degree as well I think .

But then I think most game totals at the end of the season are fairly skewed . They don't add the deer legally taken on DCP's . And to be honest I've often wondered what the actual number in some states of unchecked deer was over the course of a season .
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

"Here is one for ya for many years at my summer place(living at part of the year)How bout paying $300 when your neighbor down the road paid $40 for hunting licenses because of your Driver's License being from your other place 5 miles away in border state???????????"

Can we assume there are SUBSTANATIAL reasons you don't change your state of residence?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

J Miller wrote:Isn't government wonderful?

And people wonder why I'm a borderline anarchist.

Joe
Borderline? :|
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I think if I owned sufficient land, I would not pay much for meat.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

BlaineG wrote:I think if I owned sufficient land, I would not pay much for meat.
Between DCP's and what 4 of us kill each year during the season . We pretty much eat venison 4 days a week at the shop !
Which includes our friday lunchs that are open to our customers and friends !
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

Poeple's deer not the landowners. At least that is the philosophy in Nebraska. Some states, not so much.
Game commission generates revenue from licenses sold to pay for habitat programs.
I would bet Minnesota has some habitat programs.
Own land then have to bitch about paying for hunting license. Unbelievable.
I own land, I take pride in managing the wildlife on it, even if I don't shoot anything off of it.
Haven't taken a nickel from the govt, although there are programs to do so.
I buy a habitat stamp every year, duck stamp, Neb Waterfowl stamp, and have lifetime hunting permit.
Still have to buy deer and turkey permit every year, even though I manage my own property.
Real nice though, having place to turkey, deer and squirrel hunt without worrying about someone else.

If worried about taxes, I bet you can find some land poor *** who would love to pay you to take a deer or two. That might help with the taxes.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Own land then have to bitch about paying for hunting license. Unbelievable.
Then, they truly are the King's Deer, and you have to pay tribute to hunt them? I'm askin', not tellin'. :) Hunting and fishing in WA is Micro-Managed, and people with money go out of state rather than jump thru the hoops for not that many animals. A man's land and what's on it belongs to him, not the public. It was that way in Ohio when I was a young kid, and even young adult. No tags or licence on your own land.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

The landowner does NOT own the wild animals on it. State law in Nebraska.
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

I quess I didn't know that some states respect the land owners.
Yes, I'm lucky to own land. But is it luck or financial commitment?
For 98 years we have kept the old homestead alive. We take no government money. In '63 Dad and I planted most of the open field into pines. Tree farm programs could have helped, but there are noses that get injected into our business. We chose to stay out of those interventions. Now my trees are nearly 100' tall and I pay the state more tax every year because of their value. They are making more money on the trees than I am. Yes, if I sell them I'll get a profit, but the state gets theirs now and later.

Owen
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I keep 30 acres as tillable and 15 in pasture to keep taxes down . This way I keep an ag status which is taxed at a lesser rate than wooded. I've had 80 acres in forest management for about 13 years now , on a 25 year contract. Cheaper tax rate and all I have to do is have a forest management plan. I'm not sure way the state funds a forest management. I suppose tree huggers think that I just might go crazy with a chainsaw some day and there will be no trees left.

The other thing that is a cash cow for the DNR is turkey permits. The DNR doesn't spend a dime on turkey habitat.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

2571 wrote:"Here is one for ya for many years at my summer place(living at part of the year)How bout paying $300 when your neighbor down the road paid $40 for hunting licenses because of your Driver's License being from your other place 5 miles away in border state???????????"

Can we assume there are SUBSTANATIAL reasons you don't change your state of residence?
Maybe :roll: :o :lol:
Last edited by madman4570 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Marlin32 wrote: Own land then have to bitch about paying for hunting license. Unbelievable.

So, You think someone that owns a home for years/own land he is hunting on for years /pays taxes/utilities/ on and on etc.
Doesn't have a grip about paying 8-10 times as much as some renter yahoo down the road.?????????????
I think that is Unbelievable also?

Actually, like I said(just write it off to thinking it's for NYS wildlife)but no longer an issue!
But yes, should have before going to town way back--------------bought a lifetime license(which I now have for Pa) :wink:

Just wish I could of brought my handgun CCW from Pa! (handguns being held in a good friends Pa gun shop)
I will have to get my butt in gear and go through all the who knows what to get my NYS one but since most all the places that have everything going on in surrounding area being Pa(haven't so far been in no big hurry)

I have it covered at home/car etc. with the exception of someone being real close up and personal pulling a piece on me.
But if it happens------------------I'll just maybe take it from them---?? :shock:
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

Do you remember the good old days of the early 1950's?
There were no deer anywhere in this part of Missouri, none!
Wild turkeys were nonexistent!
Geese were a rare sight. Giant canada's were actually thought to be extinct!
Beaver and otter did not exist!
Bear, cougar, bobcat? No one had ever seen one.
Elk? Are you insane?
Nobody even owned a center-fire rifle or a big bore revolver because there was no use for them.

The cooperation of land owners was vital for restoring the game. But, no one can claim ownership of what we all worked and paid to restore.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

765x53 wrote:Do you remember the good old days of the early 1950's?
There were no deer anywhere in this part of Missouri, none!
Wild turkeys were nonexistent!
Geese were a rare sight. Giant canada's were actually thought to be extinct!
Beaver and otter did not exist!
Bear, cougar, bobcat? No one had ever seen one.
Elk? Are you insane?
Nobody even owned a center-fire rifle or a big bore revolver because there was no use for them.

The cooperation of land owners was vital for restoring the game. But, no one can claim ownership of what we all worked and paid to restore.
You kinda got a good point there with the ownership thing.(in regards to the wild creatures living on/pass through etc)
Look, my land is just that(my land)along with God being true owner, the wild creatures that grace me by being on my property(are NOT mine)their themselves.
They bestow me with the privilege of their existence and I cherish these creatures.How can someone not?
Walking the land and not seeing deer/bear/turkey/etc. would be extremely a sad day.
I don't honestly see like a deer as just some meat(though the 1 deer I take(sometimes none)I treat its meat like the prize it is.
If the power went out for days and had no backup power for freezer all else would go before that deer.(wife might complain but tough)that's the way it would go down)

Since I don't have a crop farm in which might be the only means to support the family and then having hundreds of deer ruining it and thus ruining the families lively hood(maybe I might think somewhat differently)but in my case,that's not the case, the majority of meat actually we eat is supplied by a couple very fine large hogs butchered every year from an uncle for us.

I myself have not found anything to top a center cut loin w/bone in chop with wifes secret special coating.
coupled with homemade apple sauce,homemade garlic mashed potatoes/green beans/salad/raspberry cheese crum cake topped with a nice glass of wine. :mrgreen: I am good to go.

But ya for me,its a hunt thing and not a harvest thing!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

In Oregon fisheries and game are fully funded by license and tag fees, and firearms/ammo sales, and supposedly no state revenues are taken from the general fund to assist them.
If that were true, then why in heck did all of it take such a huge jump the last couple years? The answer is that the state of Oregon saw the F&G division as a big old piggy bank that they could rob to help a lagging general fund! They raised all the fees for everything related to fishing and hunting, and now they take a portion of that to help the general fund.
Consequently F&G still is not doing well, but it's costing us all as sporstmen twice what it used to cost just a couple years ago. Total greed from a bunch of money hungry politicians that can't control spending during hard times!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

marlinman93 wrote:In Oregon fisheries and game are fully funded by license and tag fees, and firearms/ammo sales, and supposedly no state revenues are taken from the general fund to assist them.
If that were true, then why in heck did all of it take such a huge jump the last couple years? The answer is that the state of Oregon saw the F&G division as a big old piggy bank that they could rob to help a lagging general fund! They raised all the fees for everything related to fishing and hunting, and now they take a portion of that to help the general fund.
Consequently F&G still is not doing well, but it's costing us all as sporstmen twice what it used to cost just a couple years ago. Total greed from a bunch of money hungry politicians that can't control spending during hard times!
In the "Old Dominion" (state of Virginia) , ALL game and fish license sales were kept in an account for the DGIF (Division of Game and Inland Fisheries) and they never had to ask the state legislature for any money to fund any of their projects . When Wilder (the first black governor in the old south , BFD !) was elected all that changed . He initiated programs to dip in the DGIF account and use the money for other things . At first it was supposed to be for roads and I can go along with that because hunters need roads to go from point A to point B if they don't hunt right behind their homes . Then he started taking money for schools and it kinda snowballed . When all this started the DGIF was the best funded part of the governement in VA and we were paying about $20 a year for a hunting license and big game stamps . Now our price had doubled and I anticipate them raising it again in a year or two . And funding for game wardens and other things have become a bit of a problem . Heck it used to be every county in Virginia had their own game warden . I don't think we've had our own permenant warden in close to 10 years in our county !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

madman4570 wrote: I don't honestly see like a deer as just some meat(though the 1 deer I take(sometimes none)I treat its meat like the prize it is.

I myself have not found anything to top a center cut loin w/bone in chop with wifes secret special coating.
coupled with homemade apple sauce,homemade garlic mashed potatoes/green beans/salad/raspberry cheese crum cake topped with a nice glass of wine. :mrgreen: I am good to go.
We eat alotta whitetail each year and while it is good and delectable if prepared properly it does get old for me !

But then the more rare something is for a person the more the mind will enhance the flavor or appeal I think !

Hence my infatutation with Sika Deer , Elk and Moose . They are ALL by far much harder for me to come by then whitetail!

Matter of fact any Moose or Elk I get is always given to me by someone .

The same folks that send me Elk send me antelope as well and while I appreciatte what they send prarie goat is not one of my personal favourites .

For what I cook at home a single decent sized whitetail buck and one Sika deer are all the venison I need for myself as my dad won't eat either . But at the shop we go thru maybe 12-15 whitetails a year . The vast majority is ground meat , but also a good bit of backstraps and the tenderloin .
Typically I'll keep the inner tenderloin and the backstraps from maybe 5 or 6 whitetails each year and give the rest to the guy that owns the shop to grind and I get him to give me maybe 10 pounds of plain deer burger with nothing but beef fat added (he likes to put all kinds of seasonings in his deer burger) . My Sika take averages about one every two to three years and none of that is given away . Sometimes I'll take some into the shop for lunch if I don't expect many visitors !
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

Some of you guys complain about fees and all that. Legitimate gripe.

Some of us have never killed a deer, because we don't own land or have a lease.

Remember that when it's ho-hum i'm on my 9th deer "this year" alone.
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

I'm sensing resentment from the land owners vs. have nots. Here in Northern MN there is more state and county land than private so people think a bit different. Yes, I'm lucky, but , like I said we've owned the property for just under 100 years. It hasn't produced anything except trees. We don't get any government handouts. We alone are responsible for the wildlife. Now given that there is no credit to the state for increase of wildlife habitat. Yes, I resent state fees.
Maybe it's not so bad to be able to choose where you hunt and not have to pay taxes. The state this years says we can shoot all the does we want' if we buy a lic for each. Well let me tellya, There is not that many in my area, that we can afford to wipe them out. How about the guys hunting across the road? What if they shoot all they can? I will have to feed the remainder though the winter so we have a few in the spring.
Sorry to keep on venting , but please understand from my standpoint. I'm far from rich. This is an inheiritance trusted to me and I'm hard pressed to hang onto it.

Owen
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

hightime wrote:I'm sensing resentment from the land owners vs. have nots. Here in Northern MN there is more state and county land than private so people think a bit different.

I've got maybe 70 acres of my own as well as another 700 or so that belong to friends .

As to public land , almost everywhere I hunted in Pennsylvania was on pulic property . Heck the public aspect of it helped me more then once ! I happened to find one of the deer's prefferred escape routes in one place we hunted in PA . Several opening mornings I sat there and dumped a buck less then three hours into the season . I hunt just in the northeastern corner of PA and if I'm not mistaken there were about 800,000 acres of public land open to sport hunting in the NE part of the state !
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Marlin32 wrote:The landowner does NOT own the wild animals on it. State law in Nebraska.
My neighbor, heir to a multi-million dollar fo rtune, poaches routinely. Not just too many rabbits or a deer 2 days out of season, but Elk which requires a once in a lifetime lottery tag here .

His favorite saying is,"If it's on my property, I own it".

What a jerk!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

2571 wrote:
Marlin32 wrote:The landowner does NOT own the wild animals on it. State law in Nebraska.
My neighbor, heir to a multi-million dollar fo rtune, poaches routinely. Not just too many rabbits or a deer 2 days out of season, but Elk which requires a once in a lifetime lottery tag here .

What a jerk!
While this is no excuse , what does your neighbor do with the elk he shoots ? I mean atleast does he save the meat and put it to good use ? I assume from what you're saying that he takes more then one elk each year ?
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

Not sure if I have a limit in Central Texas, but I ain't shootin' more critters on my land than my family can eat this year. I want some to be available 15-20 years down the road.

rimrock
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

If you don't want to feed the King's deer" fence them out.

We went though the laissez faire syndrome once before. The result was that deer, elk, bear "black and brown", turkeys. etc became threatened species and thete was far less game to hunt than there is today. Do tou want that again?
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

MrMurphy wrote:Some of you guys complain about fees and all that. Legitimate gripe.

Well I don't own any hunting land, and hunt only public land or land posted "welcome to hunt". I still manage to get my one deer each year, as that's all the state allows me for buck deer. Once in a great while i draw a doe tag, and then get two, but that's extremely rare.
We work very hard to fill our tags, and becasue we're willing to hike into areas that most other guys wont, the extra effort usually pays off, but it's in no part because the state has done anything to help, or make it reasonably priced.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

MrMurphy wrote:Some of you guys complain about fees and all that. Legitimate gripe.

This is probably the #1 reason hunter numbers decline.

"Back in the day" if you wanted to hunt you could "buy a tag" and go hunt. Now you not only have to know every anti-hunting "hunting" Law to the letter, you have to know, down to the inch, where you are so you don't violate some State/landowner compact or another.

It got so that back in the midwest (IN) where I lived I simply COULD NOT find a place to hunt that wasn't on "orange army" State Land or an Urban/Park draw. I was fortunate enough to get Urban/Park tags while I lived there. There are multitudes that are not so lucky... and many/most of those eventually quit hunting. We lose Hunters (who quit) and the Anti's gain Idiots (who make the rules that make hunters quit).

See a pattern here?

If I had "Game Property", I'd be advertising for, in particular, neophyte hunters for the sole reason to build Hunter Numbers.

It may not be "my deer", but it is certainly "my land" and access is everything... Just ask the Greenies who buy into HSUS's "protect the animals from hunting" Land Trust programme... :evil:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

What a jerk!
None of us own the land or what's on it. Like the song says,
"All that you have is your soul."

We're merely transients, and good custodians if
we're honorable men.

The verdant hills, fields and valleys were here long before
I was, and they'll still be here long after I'm gone.

-Stretch
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

stretch wrote:
What a jerk!
None of us own the land or what's on it. Like the song says,
"All that you have is your soul."

We're merely transients, and good custodians if
we're honorable men.

The verdant hills, fields and valleys were here long before
I was, and they'll still be here long after I'm gone.

-Stretch

What you say very well may be true !

However........................................................ ,

I prefer to think of myself as a "Landlord" :wink:

I AM the Lord over the land I pay tax on each year :lol:
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

6pt-sika wrote:I AM the Lord over the land I pay tax on each year :lol:
Nobody is 'lord' of a thing that they are required to pay tribute to a higher authority to possess.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

FWiedner wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:I AM the Lord over the land I pay tax on each year :lol:
Nobody is 'lord' of a thing that they are required to pay tribute to a higher authority to possess.

:|
You see it the way you wanna see it and I'll see it the way I wish :wink:
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I got one of the King's deer opening morning! Still had a lot of velvet on it.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

marlinman93 wrote:I got one of the King's deer opening morning! Still had a lot of velvet on it.

Cool and congrats !

Is that a mulie or a blacktail ?

Oh that looks like a fairly new Chevy you're driving there !!!!!!

I didn't think you had any that new :wink:
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

marlinman93 wrote:I got one of the King's deer opening morning! Still had a lot of velvet on it.
It was our deer until you took it legally. Then it became your deer. No king had anything to do with it.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

6pt-sika wrote:

Cool and congrats !

Is that a mulie or a blacktail ?

Oh that looks like a fairly new Chevy you're driving there !!!!!!

I didn't think you had any that new :wink:
It's a mulie 6pt, and the truck is my brother's. He likes that new stuff. ;) Did you notice that one ear with the split and damage. Looks like he was a scrapper.
hightime
Senior Levergunner

Post by hightime »

Nice........ Stick arround it's my turn in a month.

Owen
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Looking forward to the pics! :)
Cruise
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cruise »

Is Perry "the one" to square away the USA?
bulldog1935 wrote:actually, in Texas, parks and wildlife is running half-staff and zero maintenance, even though the revenues from licenses and park entrance fees should cover full staff and then some. The state parks that don't earn their keep are being turned over to the counties.
Welcome to Texas.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Cruise wrote:Is Perry "the one" to square away the USA?
bulldog1935 wrote:actually, in Texas, parks and wildlife is running half-staff and zero maintenance, even though the revenues from licenses and park entrance fees should cover full staff and then some. The state parks that don't earn their keep are being turned over to the counties.
Welcome to Texas.
Didn't he just drop out??