OT- New Marlin XL7-L

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

OT- New Marlin XL7-L

Post by Bigahh »

Snowstorm here last night, and the Dish went out so no TV ! :shock: What better to do than go look at guns. All the talk about the Marlin X series Bolt rifles had me interested for quite some time. One of my Local shops happened to have a few of the newer Laminated stock XL7's in 30-06 at well below 400 bucks, and I dove right in at one last night! It is a light gun, but the weight is right where I like it, up front in the barrel. 6.5 pounds according to the manual. The Laminated stock looks to be a Boyds, its checkered, and Pillar Bedded. The Bolt is fluted, and will slide right out to the end if you tip the rifle up slightly. Has a very nice recoil Pad, and the trigger is excellent, and breaks clean at a hair over 3 pounds. I mounted a 3.5 x 10 leupold on top, and am headed to the range tomorrow to break the barrel in, and try out a few loads. Cant wait, it needs a thorough cleaning before the 1st shot, lots of packing grease throughout ! I Love them Marlins !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Re: OT- New Marlin XL7-L

Post by damienph »

That laminated stock looks good. 30-06 is my favorite rifle cartridge. I hope that it turns out to be a good one for you.