BATFE, Arghh!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

BATFE, Arghh!

Post by Mike D. »

Dang slow Gubmint agencies! I sent the paperwork to renew my C&R license nearly 2 months ago and still have not received anything from the BATFE. They cashed my check on 11 February, so what in HAIL are they doin'? My license expired 1 March and I can't buy another '86 until it arrives. :x
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Jayhawker
Levergunner 2.0

Re: BATFE, Arghh!

Post by Jayhawker »

Sometimes things happen for a reason. Maybe they are waiting for you save up for that really nice one?
Well done is better than well said.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I think they are just givin the rest of us a fighting chance :mrgreen:
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

My boss man had to get an extension letter and it nearly expired before he finally got the license. A LOT late as I remember it. Yes, he applied for renewal as early as he could.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Send a registered letter to your Representative or Senator.

I've always gotten an answer with a strongly and politely
worded letter explaining the situation.

-Stretch
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Hobie wrote:My boss man had to get an extension letter and it nearly expired before he finally got the license. A LOT late as I remember it. Yes, he applied for renewal as early as he could.

Mike,
Because it a gov. agency, well, who works for the gov.? A bunch of retarts with the brains of a potato. Maybe you need the C&R license where you live but here in Pa. it does nothing but raise flags. Two friends of mine who have them have been checked out in the last year.

Hobie,
Tell the boss man to do what my buddy does. He gets every license that anyone can get, including manufacturers, class 3, importers, explosives, and even got two business names and has a license for each and has the expiration dates staggered so if one goes down due to the ATF's lazyness, the others take over. It all only costs a few hundred a year more, but the protection is worth it. :wink: -----------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

In Indiana a few years back, an anti-gun administration got the system bogged down so that it took 90+ days to renew, but you weren't allowed to submit your renewal application before 60 days, so they assured CCW licensees would have a month or more of time where their license was not valid. The hope evidently was to snare a bunch of CCW licensees when they were 'uncovered'. It didn't get very far, as the gun owners demanded a 'certificate of pending renewal' be issued upon submitting their renewal application, which the courts decided served as a 'good faith' attempt on the part of the citizen to comply.

Later on, some obviously criminal types were issued CCW licenses, evidently in the hopes that they'd commit a crime and serve as 'evidence' that too many non-cops were carrying guns. Unfortunately for the scheme, it was found that those individuals were not merely 'John Q. Citizen' who got a permit and was (of course) turned into a criminal, but were known violent felons, where a phone-call or two was made to 'expedite' their CCW permit, and bypass normal processes to get them approved. Due to the fact that 'normal processes had been bypassed', the attempt to implicate the 'normal processes' as not a good idea, sort of fizzled.

There are SO many reasons bureaucrats/agencies/departments should NEVER be given authority to 'grant' (or deny) fundamental human rights...! :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

That's about how long it took for my renewal. License came in fairly quick after they cashed the check.
Combat Diver
Levergunner

Post by Combat Diver »

I mailed my first C&R application in January this year. Sent it certified mail and it took 3 weeks to get there from Afghanistan. Once recieved took only 1 week to issue in Feburary. My wife received it at home but then went to my DIL birthing of twins. I called ATF and thats how I knew my wife received it and forgot to tell me. Give ATF a call and find out where your is. ATF phone number in Atlanta - (404) 417-2750 or 1-866-662-2750
fax number is: (404) 417-2751 or 1-866-257-2749

CD
De Oppresso Liber
Iraq 91,03,04,05,06,08, 09, 15 & 16
Afghanistan 09,10, 11 & 14
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Thanks, CD. I called them and the woman answering told me that it is "in process" at this time. I'll just have to be patient, I suppose. :|
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

DOH!! I received a letter and a typed by ATF form for me to state my country of citizenship. I apparently misread the question to mean that IF YOU WERE NOT A US citizen to state your citizenship. I sent the form back corrected, but as I explained to her this is the 6th time I have renewed and all they had to do was refer to the original forms. They don't do that, but do require new forms with each application. Hopefully, it's all good, finally. :oops:
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Why should they care? It's your problem, not theirs.