OT-Does anyone else watch "Gangland" on the histor

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

OT-Does anyone else watch "Gangland" on the histor

Post by Jason_W »

Scary stuff.

They had another feature on MS13 last night. They're more like an army than a gang.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

yes it is

Post by Hillbilly »

Gangs of any denomination are a big deal in the US. All are dangerous, and contol so much of the underground it's mind boggling.

That war on drugs and "victimless crime" isnt so beneovolent when we understand that those activities finance gang operations.

We spend millions in the US on other peoples problems ... maybe it's time we spend a little here at home.
~Hill
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Re: yes it is

Post by Jason_W »

Hillbilly wrote: We spend millions in the US on other peoples problems ... maybe it's time we spend a little here at home.
~Hill
Can't argue with that.

I've read some reports that our military is so overextended abroad, that the US is not ready to deal with an attack on home territory.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Jason,
Other than the military history channel, the only other tv I watch is the gangland series. Very interesting. Its lets you know how to be prepared in case of a disaster, because then you know who your threats are. The gangs will be the ones who will be ready to catch lead if I have anything to do with it.

When this does happen (not if) I will calmly put the Winchesters and single actions to the back of the safe and pull the SKS's, AR's and strap on a 1911.

I hear the Feds already have working relationships with these street thugs if the need for street control ever arises.

These people are human garbage and I really don't care what anyone says about their upbringing. Its a sad shame they are allowed to operate in this great nation. Gestapo tactics sure would make short work
of this trash but nooooooooooooooooooo, they have rights :cry: --------------------------Sixgun
Last edited by Sixgun on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

Sixgun wrote:Other than the military history channel, the only other tv I watch is the gangland series. Very interesting. Its lets you know how to be prepared in case of a diaster, because then you know who your threats are. The gangs will be the ones who will be ready to catch lead if I have anything to do with it.

When this does happen (not if) I will calmly put the Winchesters and single actions to the back of the safe and pull the SKS's, AR's and strap on a 1911.

I hear the Feds already have working relationships with these street thugs if the need for street control ever arises.

These people are human garbage and I really don't care what anyone says about their upbringing. Its a sad shame they are allowed to operate in this great nation. Gestapo tactics sure would make short work
of this trash but nooooooooooooooooooo, they have rights :cry: --------------------------Sixgun
I'm not sure how well I would fare in defending myself against gang members, especially those of the MS13 type. A lot of them have military training. I don't.
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

Sixgun wrote:Other than the military history channel, the only other tv I watch is the gangland series. Very interesting. Its lets you know how to be prepared in case of a diaster, because then you know who your threats are. The gangs will be the ones who will be ready to catch lead if I have anything to do with it.

+1. Could not agree more.

I'm squared away for when such events come to pass:

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

It will be a piece of cake handling the gangs. All you have to do is look at the Rodney King riots. The only area the gangs know are the bad parts of the inner city. They are lost when they come to the nice neighborhoods or the country. That is when we will be waiting for them. We also will have gangs, but in the honorable sense of the word. Just a very very tiny percentage of them have military training. The vast majority of them only know how to use zip guns and other ghetto junk.

Not only do we have many members of the shooting society who are also military vets but the overwhelming majority of us know how to shoot accurately at short and long range. As for numbers, we probably outnumber them 1000-1. They have nothin', either in the way of guns or brains. Like I said, human garbage.---------------Sixgun

Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

Sixgun wrote:It will be a piece of cake handling the gangs. All you have to do is look at the Rodney King riots. The only area the gangs know are the bad parts of the inner city. They are lost when they come to the nice neighborhoods or the country. That is when we will be waiting for them. We also will have gangs, but in the honorable sense of the word. Just a very very tiny percentage of them have military training. The vast majority of them only know how to use zip guns and other ghetto junk.

Not only do we have many members of the shooting society who are also military vets but the overwhelming majority of us know how to shoot accurately at short and long range. As for numbers, we probably outnumber them 1000-1. They have nothin', either in the way of guns or brains. Like I said, human garbage.---------------Sixgun

They also understand strength, determination, and commitment.

I was in Allentown, PA two weeks ago and stopped at a convenience store for fuel and some OTC medicine at about 2130. While pumping gas, three "chollos" got out of car parked across the lot and sauntered over to my pump. No other cars were buying gas, just me. They started to spread out a bit, and I unzipped my jacket and pulled the right side back to expose a Colt Defender compact 1911.

"I'm not worth it, compadres," I said. They stopped in their tracks, turned around, went back to the car and took off. Apparently they did the math and agreed.

I had the strength courtesy of Colt, and the determination and commitment to use both the Colt and the gasoline nozzle if need be courtesy of the USMC/USMCR.

Noah
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Noak Zark

They also understand strength, determination, and commitment.

I was in Allentown, PA two weeks ago and stopped at a convenience store for fuel and some OTC medicine at about 2130. While pumping gas, three "chollos" got out of car parked across the lot and sauntered over to my pump. No other cars were buying gas, just me. They started to spread out a bit, and I unzipped my jacket and pulled the right side back to expose a Colt Defender compact 1911.

"I'm not worth it, compadres," I said. They stopped in their tracks, turned around, went back to the car and took off. Apparently they did the math and agreed.

I had the strength courtesy of Colt, and the determination and commitment to use both the Colt and the gasoline nozzle if need be courtesy of the USMC/USMCR.

Noah
Noah,
That was great! :D I love hearing stories like that! Allentown sure has turned into a garbage pit. 15-20 years ago, it was a nice working class city but the big brains who run Harrisburg decided they needed a new dumping ground for the latinos as Philly is full.

Two months ago I took a wrong turn off of 422 E and wound up in the middle of the bad area of Allentown. The toughs just started at me from the street corners knowing full well that nut who sat in that aggressive looking Rubicon would shoot (or do something) if they made some threatening moves.

It happening all over Pa. as Hazeltown and Altoona has headlines over the latinos. The decent folk are just sitting back.

Business owners from these small upstate towns have personally told me the latinos are draining what little they have as social services. I am afraid what these towns will look and be like in 20 years.---------Sixgun

horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Nice hardware you got there Noah. The only problem is that if your the target of a gangster, you seldom get the opportunity to act first, not exactly like they fight fair. I doubt that you will see it coming if it ever happens.
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Re: yes it is

Post by Leverdude »

Hillbilly wrote:Gangs of any denomination are a big deal in the US. All are dangerous, and contol so much of the underground it's mind boggling.

That war on drugs and "victimless crime" isnt so beneovolent when we understand that those activities finance gang operations.

We spend millions in the US on other peoples problems ... maybe it's time we spend a little here at home.
~Hill
Yeah thats true, just like prohabition helped organize crime back in the 20's. Think we would learn that banning things just creates criminal enterprises to supply them that are much more dangerous that the things getting banned.

No money needs getting spend. All that need happen is the Gov't back off & let people poison themselves legally if they want.
Sure, there would still be druggies, but gangs funded by drug sales would about dissapear overnight.

The best things about these gangs are they mostly kill each other. Not many weeks go by here that one of them shoots another, or tries to anyway. I dont blame them for people useing drugs, thats a personal choice & I'm fine with it. Dont much care what folks do to themselves long as they leave me alone. If my kids grow up to be druggies its my fault more than anyone elses. Blaming gangs is kinda like blameing Bud for alcoholism.

Honestly alot of the gangs organizational stuff is overblown. Sure some are trained to some extent but for the most part their just punks with guns & atitudes. Most never shoot a gun until they feel the need, in otherwords just about everyone here would win if they were paying attention & willing to shoot a person. I'm not sure if I could or not, but I'm pretty sure if I decided to I could hit him.
Nice hardware you got there Noah. The only problem is that if your the target of a gangster, you seldom get the opportunity to act first, not exactly like they fight fair. I doubt that you will see it coming if it ever happens.
Not sure what you mean by target, you'd likely see a lowlife coming at you with a handgun held sideways yelling & shooting. Again, at least here. I doubt you'll have time to go get an uzi but if your carrying a gun your decent with you should come out on top, if you even need to shoot. Like as not they'll stuff their pants when they realize your not helpless.

In my very limited experience with lowlife gang members here theyre just loser punks. I dont sweat them much.

But on topic yep I catch the show ocasionally.
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

MS13 is a scary bunch, as it the Mexican Mafia and we have our share of them here in South Texas. When I think of these folks I remember the line from the rap theme song of the movie Colors from a few years ago.

They are worse than real crooks who steal and take. The gangs use fear just for the fun of it.

"The gangs of LA will never die...they just multiply"

We will never control these thugs because we are way to civilized. I also remember the Comanche was were a brutal bunch of **** that make life on the Texas frontier hell. The Army never hand any luck with them before the Civil War. After the Civil War, the army moped what few Comanche left after the smallpox and the killing off of the buffalo pretty well destroyed them.

Before the Civil War, the Rangers had great sucess against the Comanche because they adoped the same fast, brutal, merciless form of warfare. They fought the Comanche like the Comanche. The Rangers fought a war of extinction.

The gangs will never die, they will just multiply becasue we are to civilized to fight fire with fire. As far as I am concerned we can fight a war of extinction against these vermin... but that won't happen...we are too civilized.

I don't care of the gang is neo-nazi (white) hispanic, black, asian or whatever. They are all Comanche as far as I am concerned. They are vultures that pray off the hard work of others. They take from people who earned it through fear and violence. I like roaches and rats, more than I like gangs.

Someday, I will tell you what I feel on this subject.
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

I like Charles idea, just wipe'em out.

I remember that movie "Colors" and I also reflect on it from time to time when thinking about gangs. They aren't going to go away and if or when things go bad here in the US look out for groups like this. I don't think it would be too hard to recruit people of same race into this into MS13.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

horsesoldier03 wrote:Nice hardware you got there Noah. The only problem is that if your the target of a gangster, you seldom get the opportunity to act first, not exactly like they fight fair. I doubt that you will see it coming if it ever happens.

I hope I never get the chance, Horse.

That said,

No 1: Don't invite a confontation.

No 2: Don't act like a victim.

No 3: Don't act as they expect you to.

No 4: If attacked, or if an attack is imminent, see Nos 2&3 and do what you can to end it.

Noah
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

Charles wrote:MS13 is a scary bunch, as it the Mexican Mafia and we have our share of them here in South Texas. When I think of these folks I remember the line from the rap theme song of the movie Colors from a few years ago.

They are worse than real crooks who steal and take. The gangs use fear just for the fun of it.

"The gangs of LA will never die...they just multiply"

We will never control these thugs because we are way to civilized. I also remember the Comanche was were a brutal bunch of **** that make life on the Texas frontier hell. The Army never hand any luck with them before the Civil War. After the Civil War, the army moped what few Comanche left after the smallpox and the killing off of the buffalo pretty well destroyed them.

Before the Civil War, the Rangers had great sucess against the Comanche because they adoped the same fast, brutal, merciless form of warfare. They fought the Comanche like the Comanche. The Rangers fought a war of extinction.

The gangs will never die, they will just multiply becasue we are to civilized to fight fire with fire. As far as I am concerned we can fight a war of extinction against these vermin... but that won't happen...we are too civilized.

I don't care of the gang is neo-nazi (white) hispanic, black, asian or whatever. They are all Comanche as far as I am concerned. They are vultures that pray off the hard work of others. They take from people who earned it through fear and violence. I like roaches and rats, more than I like gangs.

Someday, I will tell you what I feel on this subject.
I tend to agree. If you just shot anyone sporting a gang tat or gang colors, their numbers would drop. At least until they learned to be more covert.
Bluehawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bluehawk »

Noah I agree with you too SIxgun alreaddy knows what I think :wink:
By the way Noah is that a Smith 76???
The right way is always the hardest. It's like the law of nature , water always takes the path of least resistence...... That's why we get crooked rivers and crooked men . TR Theodore the Great
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

Bluehawk wrote:Noah I agree with you too SIxgun alreaddy knows what I think :wink:
By the way Noah is that a Smith 76???

Correct, an S&W 76.

Top to bottom:

Uzi semi-auto SBR
Sterling Mk4 selective
S&W 76 selective
AR15 SBR w/10.5" upper

I travel a lot as part of my work, mostly in PA. If I'm in-state, the SBR'd AR is almost always in the vehicle, concealed in plain sight. The Colt Defender is always on the hip, and a Bulgarian Makarov is in the briefcase. If I'm in a handgun/AR unfriendly state, I get around that by having an 16" 1894 Marlin 45 Colt in a case in the car.

Noah
Bluehawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bluehawk »

Noah Little trivia the S&W 76 got its model number from when it first was introduced . It was to be available only to Law Enforcement agencies and it was there fore priced at $76.00 to them only so they decided to call it the 76
The right way is always the hardest. It's like the law of nature , water always takes the path of least resistence...... That's why we get crooked rivers and crooked men . TR Theodore the Great
lever-4-life
Levergunner 2.0

Post by lever-4-life »

I love gangland!! it is one of my favorite shows. It would be scary for you fellas down in the city and suburbs If the world went bad. I work about one month a year In one of the worst areas of nor-cal :x and get some looks when I go down there.

Don't under estimate them as a threat. It only takes a lucky shot on their part to give you a very bad day.
Break on through to the other side!!!