OT Mossberg SS1?????

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

OT Mossberg SS1?????

Post by Nath »

Any of you good souls ever come across one and how do they fair? Never heard of one over here. How come Mossberg have stopped producing them? Their webb site seems a bit crumbie tonight.
Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

I believe production was a but inconsistent. I have a 12ga slug gun, and it's rather nice for that. But in the world of single shot rifles it's on the low end. Everyone complained about the horrible triggers, but mine is kind of nice, which leads me to think the quality was all over. [/i]
Slow is just slow.
DerekR
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DerekR »

I never shot one, but I did hold a few. They struck me as somewhere between a NEF Handi Rifle and a Ruger #1. I'd be interested in one if the price was right.
Derek aka "shootnfan"
Middle Tennessee

24 hours in a day.....24 beers in a case. Coincidense? I think not.
41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41 Redhawk »

I had one in 30.06. As mentioned the trigger was a bit heavy but not to bad. It shot 1.5 to 2" groups as 100 yards with just about anything. It was a bit heavy for a single shot though.
The Lord Bless You

Terry
Bluehawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bluehawk »

I have no idea why they were discontinued . I found one for my best friend for his wife to get him for his 60th birthday . It had been converted fomr 30/06 to 300 H&H .
It shoots EXTREMELY WELL very accurate and has been rliable now for over 18 months since i got it for him . It shoots the 165 grain bullets and 180 bullets with ease 200s are not that great for accuracy and the 150s as well do not fare well .
He has had no trouble with it after well over 200 rounds . It was bought used so no one knows how many rounds it had as an 06 or 300 prior to our purchase
I wish they still made them I wanted one in 243
The right way is always the hardest. It's like the law of nature , water always takes the path of least resistence...... That's why we get crooked rivers and crooked men . TR Theodore the Great
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Thanks fellers, we never seen them over here but I allways thought they had nice lines and guessed that they probs shouldered well. A shame really.
Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
edsguns
Levergunner 2.0

Post by edsguns »

Nath, I own one and am very pleased with my purchase. I found one at closeout, maybe 3 yrs ago with awesome wood and bought it on the spot for under $300. It's a 30/06 and will shoot near MOA with a 4x scope! The trigger is not great, but not as bad as some other rifles I've owned either. Not really a "pretty" rifle and I'm still mad at missing a $100 deal on additional 12ga barrel and forearm....darnnit! Nothing wrong with this rifle which has a handy tang safety and durable matte finish.