1876 Sights

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rafe Covington
Levergunner 1.0

1876 Sights

Post by Rafe Covington »

I just purchased 2 1876 Uberti rifles, 40-60 and 50-95. I would appreciate some suggestions on aftermarket sights for these rifles. Couple of friends mentioned Smith sights, just wanted to get some opinions. I have been checking some catalogs, I have also been looking on the internet, always thought other peoples real life experience very important also.

thanks
SINGLESHOT
Death Before Dishonor
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Re: 1876 Sights

Post by Mike D. »

The 1876 was not designed to be receiver sight friendly, so you are limited in sight applications. If you don't want to keep the bbl mounted sight about all that you have are tang mounted peeps. Available for the '76 were the Winchester No. 38 Mid-Range Vernier Sight, Winchester NO. 36 Long-Range Graduated Tang Sight and the Lyman No 1 Combination Rear Tang Sight. The first two are VERY pricey, the Lyman not so much so.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Rafe Covington
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Rafe Covington »

Thanks for the info.

SINGLESHOT
Death Before Dishonor
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Heck, if you can afford two of these fine rifles at once, price on the sights shouldn't be a big problem! :wink:
Rafe Covington
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Rafe Covington »

Wasn't really worried about price if is for a quality product, plan on shooting these 2 1876"s and my 1873 alot so will need quality sights. You folks have a great day!!!!!!!!!

SINGLESHOT
Death Before Dishonor