My New NEF Sidekick

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

My New NEF Sidekick

Post by Swampman »

I got the 2-7X32 Nikon Prostaff mounted in some Weaver rings that were in my parts box. I need to get a Metrics Unlimited breech plug.

"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Re: My New NEF Sidekick

Post by madman4570 »

I like it! :D
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Have you seen this article on the breechplugs?

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php?topic=164130.0

The part about using the O-rings was interesting; I know they wouldn't work on an 'open breech' gun like my Black Diamond, but the sooting back in the action drives me nuts with that gun. I wish they made the .25 ACP plugs for that gun.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

That is an excellent article. I plan on getting a new breechplug in the next few days.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

There a guy on the Graybeard Outdoors NEF/H&R classifieds that has a new one like this for $150.00

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congratulations! :D
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

I managed to get my Sidekick to the range today and get off a few shots before it started pouring down rain. These 3 were taken at 50 yards. I had 2" of fast running water under the bench when I took these shots at 50 yards. 90 grains of BH209, Winchester primers, Metrics Unlimited breechplug, T/C 240 Grain Cheap Shots. Recoil was very moderate, clean-up was about like cleaning a regular hunting rifle and I used Hoppes #9.

JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Nicely done. :D That will for sure put meat in the freezer.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Well done Sir! :mrgreen: