use of lights while hunting (CA)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

use of lights while hunting (CA)

Post by El Chivo »

I was reading through the regs just now, and saw that you can hunt (nongame) at night with a 9 volt light.

That's pretty bright; a 6 battery maglite would qualify. Or those big 6 volt lantern types.

Is that new? Previously I have seen the reg that says only a 3 volt, 2 battery light can be used. By the way, that reg is still there. They never remove an obsolete reg, they just add another new one over it.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Re: use of lights while hunting (CA)

Post by m.wun »

I thought it was only in certain counties...
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

That has been the law for a very long time it is state wide and not county dependent. It is for varmint hunters since many of those critters are usually nocturnal.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

some of the counties allow even stronger lights, but the rest of the state has the 9 volt. Previously I thought we were limited to 3 volt.

Here's the big question, can I take a bigger-than-3 volt out in deer season to walk with? I can't hunt with it because shooting hours are daylight only. But am I allowed to walk with it?
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

In Indiana, you can't even use a filtered (i.e. color that shows blood best) light to TRACK wounded game. :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

El Chivo wrote:some of the counties allow even stronger lights, but the rest of the state has the 9 volt. Previously I thought we were limited to 3 volt.

Here's the big question, can I take a bigger-than-3 volt out in deer season to walk with? I can't hunt with it because shooting hours are daylight only. But am I allowed to walk with it?
Yep you sure can. I usually carry a mag light with me.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

californias legislature is still in the stone age.

you can't have a night vision riflescope mounted on your rifle either...
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers