OT: moving to Argentina

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
SFRanger7GP

OT: moving to Argentina

Post by SFRanger7GP »

I took a new position in my company that will have me moving to Argentina for awhile (1-2 years). The hunting is great and I have hunted birds and red stag there in the past. I am looking at what I will be taking with me and would like some of your thoughts. I am trying to keep it down to as few firearms as possible. I also must be able to find ammo as I will not be able to drag my reloading bench with me.

Minimum to start with
- Benelli 12 ga. auto for bird hunting (I have an M2; may trade up to the Cordoba)
- Merkel K3 in 30-06 for big game
- Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag
Will bring down as soon as I can:
- Shiloh Sharps in 45-70
- Winchester 1895TD in 30-06
- Winchester 1886LT in 45-70
- Marlin 39A .22LR
- Ruger Single Six .22LR/.22mag

I was told with my resident visa I can bring sporting arms, 1 of each catagory (rifle, handgun, shotgun) each calender year. I can get permits to keep those in country. As a foreigner, I can bring any sporting arm in I want as long as I pay the fees and have my paperwork in order. However, these temporary permits are for 90 days or less. I have brought firearms into Argentina numerous times and it is pretty painless.

Let's hear your thoughts!

By the way, I'll be advertising several safe queens later this week that I hope can find homes here before I move them to Gunlist. I advertised some of these before and thought they were sold but the deals fell through.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: OT: moving to Argentina

Post by Blaine »

I think it's wonderful you can have firearms at all down there......Our AmBraCol can't seem to bring in firearms Columbia....
Last edited by Blaine on Mon May 10, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
SFRanger7GP

Post by SFRanger7GP »

I think AmBraCol is in Pereira, Colombia. I met my wife there years ago and spent a lot of time working all over the country during the "more interesting" years. My status then allowed me to have plenty of guns but they were tools of the trade. One of my main reasons for not living there is the difficulty in bringing in legal sporting arms.
Bruce
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bruce »

For starters, you need to bring that 1895 TD in 30-06 up to north Florida for me to hold while you are gone. We will cover the finer details later - much later. :o
http://www.pumprifle.org/
Bruce Hamlin's Pump Rifle Forum
SFRanger7GP

Post by SFRanger7GP »

Bruce, I have many wonderful people like yourself offering those same services! :lol:
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I have a niece that has been in Argentina for the last 6 years teaching school in Monte for Word of Life. She is in New York right now working on her masters. The man that used to run the school was a big fisherman. He used to go to the southern area for some world class trout fishing. it would be a shame to be that close to it and let that go by.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Sounds like an adventure. I'd love to immerse in a spanish speaking culture for a year or two. Probably closer to two. I'm not fluent in Spanish, but with a little time I think I would be. Enjoy your time there and make sure to send back reports.
Old Law Dawg
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

SFRanger7GP wrote:I took a new position in my company that will have me moving to Argentina for awhile (1-2 years). The hunting is great and I have hunted birds and red stag there in the past. I am looking at what I will be taking with me and would like some of your thoughts. I am trying to keep it down to as few firearms as possible. I also must be able to find ammo as I will not be able to drag my reloading bench with me.
WOW - this is at last, a genuine real "what minimum battery..." question. We always keep posting variations on the theme, but this here's a real deal.

Hard to go wrong with the first three. The only other thought would be one of those Savage 24 'combo' over-unders, if you could have one in 12 gauge and in a good centerfire, then have an 'insert' like mentioned on another thread. That would limit you to one shot on birds, though, and probably not be an ideal hunting (i.e. vs. 'survival') rig.
SFRanger7GP wrote:I have brought firearms into Argentina numerous times and it is pretty painless.
Sounds better than a couple hundred miles west right here in the U.S. (Illinois...)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

First of all... don't bring anything you aren't willing to lose in the next regime change/economic meltdown...

Just sayin...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Old Ironsights wrote:First of all... don't bring anything you aren't willing to lose in the next regime change/economic meltdown...

Just sayin...
Yep, a set of body armor, gold and silver, water filter.............. http://www.survivalmonkey.com/forum/sur ... ntina.html
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Now you will be know as one mean Gaucho, compadre 8)
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry