OT-Is surplusrifle.com gone?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

OT-Is surplusrifle.com gone?

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Hey guys, does anyone know if surplusrifle.com has bit the dust? I have not been able to access it in a few weeks. Even though Leverguns is my general go to site for all infomation, surplus rifle had some good technical information on older military rifle/pistol for assembly and disassembly. If they have, does anyone have another source for similar information? I would be specific, but I am looking at eight different ex-military rifles starting from late 1860's to pre-WWI and about ten different hand guns from 1890 until 1947. Surplusrifle had some good info on the old, obsolete, and obscure stuff. Maybe they changed their name?
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT-Is surplusrifle.com gone?

Post by awp101 »

This was asked over at Mauser Central and this is the story as related from a Mod at both sites:

The original owner/operator of SR gave/sold it to the owner of Tennessee Gun Parts when he found out he had terminal cancer.

Somewhere along the line, the owner of TGP let it and his business slide due to health problems and I don't know what all else. It appears there is an attempt being made to get the owner of TGP to relinquish control of SR to another party. Probably a membership group from SR.

As an aside, the original owner/operator of SR BEAT his terminal cancer but has not shown an interest in taking back control of SR.

I can access SR from the link on my home computer. I'll see if I can find it when I get home.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I think it went kaput a long time ago. I seem to remember reading a sticky there where the owner had some severe illness and sold the site to someone else who's main idea was to make money off the site.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Popeye over at Mauser Central posted that the site might be back up in a day or two. I have half a mind to download all the tech stuff....would I be allowed to do that?
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Before he sold his site . He was selling CD's with all the info on them . I can't remember if it was a single or two CD set . Anyway I purchased his CD's to help fund his medical bills. If the site doesn't come back up let me know and I could burn you a copy.
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Appreciate the offer Ben, hopefully it will come back up and I will not have to take advantage of your generous offer.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

This it?:

http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/

There was a server change awhile back and I believe a new site, home page, format, etc., was created. I had to re-register to log on.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Ray Newman wrote:This it?:

http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/

There was a server change awhile back and I believe a new site, home page, format, etc., was created. I had to re-register to log on.
That's to the forums, the main SRF site with the reviews and info is what's down. I just figured that out since my link was for the forums as well.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I have the CD's as well, a LOT of info in them. I'm pretty sure you could find a lot of what you want if you got a hold of one or someone who does.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog