Where did the .454s go?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
oic0
Levergunner 2.0

Where did the .454s go?

Post by oic0 »

I was seriously thinking of buying one with my tax refund, preferably in SS. Google price search of course turns up a ton of them all with awesome prices and conveniently out of stock :evil:

Are they out of production? Were they having problems with the gun or just problems selling it?
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Re: Where did the .454s go?

Post by Buck Elliott »

Picture a Mopar HEMI in a Yugo, using the Yugo power train, and it will give you an idea as to why no one is buying...?!? too much horsepower for the sled...

REAL Succes stories for this combination are truly few and far between; with problems sufacing in far-too-many instances.
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

A hemi (426 cid i presume) in a Yugo with a Yugo powertrain, I love it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
oic0
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oic0 »

If it costs the same as a regular yugo and doesn't fall apart, it sounds like ton of fun to me :D You're talking to a guy who put a street bike engine in a fourwheeler and loves his KX500 (tall dirtbike with medicore handling but a 65hp torque monster engine).
The only feedback ive found on them sofar is from gunblast. He put 750+ rounds of hot .454 through it to see if it would loosen up and it didn't. Aside from that though, info is scarce too. If it can hold up to the punishment though I would be happy to have one. I'm sure it would shoot 45LC 95% of the time but it would be nice to know my little lever could on demand use a monster round.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

oic0 wrote:If it costs the same as a regular yugo and doesn't fall apart, it sounds like ton of fun to me :D You're talking to a guy who put a street bike engine in a fourwheeler and loves his KX500 (tall dirtbike with medicore handling but a 65hp torque monster engine).
The only feedback ive found on them sofar is from gunblast. He put 750+ rounds of hot .454 through it to see if it would loosen up and it didn't. Aside from that though, info is scarce too. If it can hold up to the punishment though I would be happy to have one. I'm sure it would shoot 45LC 95% of the time but it would be nice to know my little lever could on demand use a monster round.
The Super RedHawk would be an excellent choice, and it seems to be available. Check the Ruger site.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

My friend just got a LSI 16 inch stainless steel Rossi carbine in .454, I went over to his place Saturday afternoon. We put some rounds through it, it shot real good. I hit a rock about 8" in diameter at 90 yards the first shot, not bad for my old eyes.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

I tried one out in blue and it was junk. Rusted inside, cracked wood, feeding issues with .45 Colts, the wood was simply horrible and the rubber butt pad looked and fit so poorly that I'd be ashamed to ever show the rifle to anyone.

What's perhaps even more odd is that I swapped with Davidson's for a Chiappa '92 in .45 Colt and mine is flawless and works like a charm!

A sample of one but that's my story.

Best,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright