Winchester 9410

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Lawyer Daggit
Levergunner 3.0

Winchester 9410

Post by Lawyer Daggit »

I have just purchased a 9410 Winchester shotgun. Does anyone here have any experience with this gun, and what gems of knowledge can you share.

ie, What loads work best?
Any experience with buckshot and slugs?
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Winchester 9410

Post by 2ndovc »

I had one for about a year.

Really liked it and regret selling it.

Mine would feed everything I put in it.
The S&B 00 buck loads were a blast.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

http://mcb-homis.com/win9410/index.htm
Check it out.

Enjoy friend, I am after one but man are they expensive over here!

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I have one and by far it is one of my most favourite bunny buster guns.Actually I carried more this year than any other gun in my collection.Mine is the traditional model with the tang safety and adustable chokes.I prefer using the modified choke when hunting rabbits.I haven t fired it with slugs yet but will rectify that shortly.One piece of advise don t let any of your friends trade you out of it(I have a couple of hunting buddies pestering me to sell it to them) as you will regret it.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Stop teasing me Barbs!

Nath :mrgreen:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
win38-55
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win38-55 »

I have one. I do like the gun, but is very ammo sensitive not likeing federal shells at all.
I shot some federals in my 9410 and broke the gun. The gun I bought was one of the latter ones
made before they closed the plant, It has a Magnet inside of the action to help with extraction issues.
When I fired the Federal all brass cases, they would not work with the magnet and broke the action of the gun with little to no
force to the lever. I do like the gun, but shooting federals out of the latter ones made is a big no no.
Check to see if yours has the magnet I talked to a few people and there's did not and they could shoot anything they wanted.
Thankfully I live close to Williams Gun Sight Company which has some very good gunsmith's the gun was fixed.
The Gunsmith told me after it was fixed to never shoot Federals in this gun again or it will break it.
It is a great gun now, but when it was busted I felt like selling it for a guide gun, it is a limited edition 1 of 250 made case color model.
Andrew: He is a real gun freak with way too many guns to shoot or clean.
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bridger »

I don't understand what you mean by breaking the gun?
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
win38-55
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win38-55 »

Bridger wrote:I don't understand what you mean by breaking the gun?
I dont know what to call the part that broke. It was the part that puts the next shell in the chamber.
I dont have time tonight to post pics of the broken parts that the gunsmith gave back to me.
If this post is still active tommorow I will post some pics of the broken parts. The part may have been called the carrier.
At the back of the carrier is a very strong magnet if your cases are not made out of some form of steel the gun will jam up and break when you try to cycle the next round. Me and my Dad have matching number guns they will both do the same thing on federal shells.
The Gunsmith warned me about shooting these in either gun because it will break the gun. I even contacted federal about this problem and they told me there was nothing that they could do for me because it is a very unique firearm, There shells are designed to work in most firearms but not all.
win38-55
Levergunner 2.0

Post by win38-55 »

Lawyer Daggit wrote:I have just purchased a 9410 Winchester shotgun. Does anyone here have any experience with this gun, and what gems of knowledge can you share.

ie, What loads work best?
Any experience with buckshot and slugs?
Sorry to steal your post. I do like my Winchester 9410 I just wish it did not have the Magnet.
The part that broke is called the shell lifter.
Again sorry for hijacking your thread. :oops:
Lawyer Daggit
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Lawyer Daggit »

No need to apologise, it is good to know about these things.

I had pretty much figured this gun would be a hell of a lot of fun for 'bunny busting'- a virus called calechi virus was introduced here (Australia) about a decade ago and decimated rabbit populations- they are now making a come back. I enjoy nothing more than an afternoon strolling through a lightly wooded patch on a property that I hunt on with a Winchester 9422M with receiver sight, and figure doing this with a similar shotgun will be a hoot.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

I made this mold recently just in case I do get one.

Good luck :D

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Lawyer Daggit
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Lawyer Daggit »

I used it for the first time last weekend. This firearm has to be one of the best fun guns ever produced.

Using Spanish no 4 shotgun shells it accounted for three bunnies. I also fired a box of five Winchester slugs at a target working at a range of 75 yards. The shotgun is pretty accurate. I think I would be happy to shoot fallow deer with it if I could catch one at that range.

The one criticism that I have with it is that the front sight is made out of plastic and does not look or feel that durable.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Well done LD, you are making me green :mrgreen:

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Lawyer Daggit
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Lawyer Daggit »

Where abouts in England are you Nath?. Prior to migrating I lived in Knebworth, Hertfordshire.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Staffordshire/Shropshire border, North of Birmingham and south of Manchester and west some.

:lol: I saw a shot from space at night that showed all the city lights and all around me it is lit up to the east, made me realise just why we hardly see any deer around here :roll:

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Lawyer Daggit
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Lawyer Daggit »

My family comes from Wolverhampton (mum's side) and Wednesfield (dad's side).

Suggest you consider migration. In Australia (once out of the cities) it is so dark at night because of the absence of that back lighting and Deer have become a pest.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Wolverhampton is only about 35 to 40 miles away.

Scotland is where we are heading one day :D

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Lawyer Daggit
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Lawyer Daggit »

Nath- why Scotland now eastern europe has opened up! I long for the day that I can afford the time to go to europe for a driven boar hunt!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

They talk odd :lol:

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!