Shipping a Firearm ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Shipping a Firearm ?

Post by Bigahh »

I purchased a Shotgun on GB, and sent my payment. The seller got my payment, and left Positive feedback for me then sent me a UPS tracking number 10 days ago. Still no gun, and all the tracking number tells me it was scanned 10 days ago. He gave me the number a day before it shipped saying UPS picked the gun up from his business, but he does not have an FFL. Is that possible to ship a firearm without an FFL, or is he blowing smoke at me? I cannot take any action until 30 days after the end of the Auction. Besides I want to give the seller every opportunity to track the shipment as I will not totally blame him yet. He has all A+ feedback, and he deserves the chance. I just wasn't sure what the laws are on Shipping without an FFL. I thought he had to Physically take the gun to UPS.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Shipping a Firearm ?

Post by awp101 »

Yes a firearm can be shipped from a non-FFL. If UPS is picking up from his business he might not be telling them what he's shipping so they don't get in a snit.
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Call UPS and give them the tracking number and ask them to find your package. 10 days is WAY to long.
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

jnyork wrote:Call UPS and give them the tracking number and ask them to find your package. 10 days is WAY to long.
I did that, and they say they do not have the package, but the tracking status online says the package was scanned, and shipped. That was the last it was seen. The seller says it was picked up by UPS. It is looking like this will be my last purchase via the net. I am insured up to 400.00 by GB if the package was not shipped. I will lose about 100 bucks which will be a learning experience.
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

If UPS shows it scanned into their system, they should be able to tell you what happened to it. Always make sure insurance is purchased on the the firearms you're buying off the net.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Print the screen showing it was picked up and go to your local UPS distribution center and they should be able to piece together the puzzle.

I had that happen when shipping something ups. It showed in Illinois for four days . Onthe fifth day it showed up at my house but was still shown never leaving illinois according to the website.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Weird stuff happens. UPS even duplicates tracking numbers when the previous shipment has supposedly been concluded.

In any case the SHIPPER has the insurance not the RECIPIENT. Shipper has to make the claim.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson