Braztech-Rossi M92

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Daveb43
Levergunner

Braztech-Rossi M92

Post by Daveb43 »

I recently bought a Braztech-Rossi M92 in 357 magnum with the 24 inch barrel. I had heard several people talk about how this particular caliber had feeding problems mostly with SWC and RNFP bullets. Me being me I had to find out for myself. I loaded some RNFP (the Lee 158 gr. mold) with Unique- and sure enough- I had some failure to feed. A friend told me to try either the Lee Factory crimp die or the Redding Profile crimp die. I have now used both the Lee and Redding dies and my feeding problems have not happened again. I've even tried some 38 special loads with no ill effects. I don't know if my particular gun/bullet combo is unique or not but it sure works. The only modification to the gun itself was to shorten the magazine spring by about 5 inches which put less pressure on the rounds in the magazine. Anyone else out there with similar or different experiences? Stay safe out there!
jlchucker
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Braztech-Rossi M92

Post by jlchucker »

I recently bought one of these in a trapper version. The first thing I did was cycle 5 round of 357's-158 gr Winne Hollowpoints. All worked fine. then I tried some 38 sp 158 gr swc. These functioned smoothly as well. All my ammo is handloaded. I took the gun to the range, which is buried in snow. I function fired 5 of each and they fed smoothly. I didn't happen to have any feeding problems, but I didn't stuff the magazine full, either. So far so good for me. From the range I took it to my gunsmith buddy to smooth the action a little and to put in a steel magazine follower. I'll try a full magazine, and some 357 cast bullets come spring thaw time.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Mine has fed flawlessly to date. Steve will be along shortly. He will have some thoughts for you. 1886.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Our family owns three .357 Rossi's and two have been shot quite a bit (500-1000 rounds) with SWC, RN, & TC, both factory and reloads, and no issues at all so far.

Like all leverguns I know of, they want to be horizontal when cycled, and the cycling done fairly briskly.

Every jam I've had with Marlin or Rossi has been with either muzzle tipped up, or very slow cycling on my part. (...I don't think my Ruger 96/44 levergun has EVER jammed, but then - it's a RUGER... :wink: )
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

I've also got two 357 Rossis, a 24" oct bbl one like yours and also a 20" carbine. Both have over 1,000rds through them and they seem to like 38spls as well as 357mags just fine.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

check OAL.
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

I've got one and it seems to feed whatever I've put in it so far but I've not tried .38 wad cutters.

357s a bit more smoothly than .38 ball but not much.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
k8vf
Levergunner

Post by k8vf »

My Interarms no safety Rossi 92 sometimes wont feed hollowpoints(.38), and never wants to see wad cutters.

Aluminum Blazers (.357)will hang up the last 2 or 3 in Magazine tube.....the first 6 or 7 go fine..I had contemplated putting a wooden plug in Mag tube to see if a stiffer spring would stop this from happening. I havent done it yet.

For now, I load the aluminum rounds in chamber, and brass in magazine.

My gun likes 158 grain .357's....125 grains are shooting so high at 50 yards that sight will not adjust low enough to zero.

I love the gun.
Bob
Levergunner

Post by Bob »

My 357 Trapper has never had even a hiccough. It's pure joy to take out shooting.
Bob