SAY TERRY ,,,,,

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

SAY TERRY ,,,,,

Post by Nath »

did you get that 35rem fired up yet? I was kinda hoping for a report on it. It was a present from your bride-yes?

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Re: SAY TERRY ,,,,,

Post by Terry Murbach »

IT IS ALL READY TO FLY BUT SO FAR THE WINTER WEATHER HAS PRECLUDED BURNING ANY POWDER. WE HAVE BEEN UP TO OUR BUNG HOLES IN GLOBULL WARMING AND TEMPS DOWN TO -20* FAHRENHEIT. WE DID HAVE A BIT OF A WARM UP LAST MONTH BUT ALL THE SNOW UP IN THE HILLS WAS MELTING AND MAKING A MELL OF A HESS.
I HAVE LOADED SEVERAL SERIES OF 35REM TEST LOADS WITH 200gr R-P C-L JRN BULLETS AS WELL AS TEST LOADS WITH THE SPEER 180gr JFP BULLET.
I WILL BE LOADING A SERIES WITH THE SIERRA 200gr .358" JRN BULLET, RSN.
ANOTHER SERIES WILL BE WITH THE R-P 180gr 357MAX JHP BULLETS.
I ALSO FOUND A NEW LYMAN RECEIVER SIGHT FOR IT LAST WEEKEND FROM A FELLOW IN WASHINGTON. I DO WANT TO TEST FIRE IT FIRST WITH THE FACTORY OPEN SIGHTS TO SEE WHERE THEY PRINT AND HOW I SHOOT 'EM TOO. THE FUNNY PART IS AS AN OLD fanny burp WITH 20/400 VISION WITHOUT MY GLASSES, WITH MY GLASSES I CAN STILL SHOOT THE DICKENS OUT OF MOST OPEN SIGHTS OUT YONDER A FAIR PIECE. [ YOU SHOULD SEE THE BABE WHO IS MY EYE DOCTOR...]
YEP, SANTA CLAUS BROUGHT THIS ONE TO ME LAST DECEMBER 25 FOR BEING JUST A HECK OF A SWELL FELLOW, A REAL *** [SWEET OL' BOY..] ALL LAST YEAR AND KEEPING MY BIG MOUTH SHUT MOST OF THE TIME....
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

you know, Terry often states that the weather in the Dakota Territory keeps out the riff-raff.

He rarely mentions the amount of time it keeps folks there house-bound.

I'll take the occasional hurricane and let Terry keep the regular blizzards.

Don't let anything important freeze off Terry.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Terry, now that we have your attention, I'd like to hear about your 3" Chief Special with the adjustable sights you did up back in the 80's. Do you have any pics of it? How has that gun turned out over time, has it been a good game getter and camp gun?
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

I well remember that little kit gun!

i got a chance to see it a few years ago.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Image Image
UNITE!
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Terry, your post had me spraying my "Holy Water" all over my monitor! Thanks! :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
rafter-7
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rafter-7 »

Terry,

did you not have a Lil Sharps.... Did you ever get a diaognosis?? Good / bad / average I would not mind one in .22 Mag. just for fun.

Chad
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

:lol: Good to here you Terry and the other comments made.

Talking of pictures, has any one got one of Terry (minus any bung holes :lol: )

Best wishes with the weather and amen on keeping the rif raf out.

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

Nath wrote::lol: Good to here you Terry and the other comments made.

Talking of pictures, has any one got one of Terry (minus any bung holes :lol: )

Best wishes with the weather and amen on keeping the rif raf out.

Nath.
here you go Nath, Terry and his sweetheart Miss Judy. The living proof that Terry will not break a good camera.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/ ... 0003-1.jpg
photo is too big to post

Image Image
UNITE!
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

HOLY SMOKES, DOC, YOU GOTTA PUT UP A PICTURE OF ME WITH MY HAT ON AS NO ONE WILL KNOW ME OTHERWISE.

THAT PICTURE WAS TAKEN IN THE SOUTH DAKOTA BADLANDS. IT MUST HAVE REALLY BEEN WINDY FOR ME TO NOT BE WEARING A SUMMER STRAW.

ONLY WINTER BLIZZARDS WILL STOP US FROM OUR NORMAL AFFAIRS. A LOT OF SNOW BLOCKS THE RANGE AND IT IS STILL TOO DARNED COLD TO DO ANY SERIOUS SHOOTING. SO, THAT MAKES IT A GOOD TIME TO CLEAN GUNS, I AM CAUGHT UP TO '96 IN MY GUN CLEANING SCHEDULE, AND A LOT OF TIME TO LOAD AMMO, CAST BULLETS, READ BOOKS, SIP SOME WHISKEY, AND PLAN FOR THE SUPPLIES NEEDED TO KEEP THE POWDER BURNING THROUGH NEXT FALL, LIKE THE 10,000 LARGE RIFLE PRIMERS I BOUGHT THIS AFTERNOON.

THE S&W M36-1 "TRAIL MASTERPIECE" IS STILL GOING STRONG AND HAS HAD A TON OF 38SPL AMMO RUN THOUGH IT OVER THE DECADES. THAT LITTLE 3" TUBE HAS OUTSHOT A K38 ONCE, THE LIKES OF WHICH WAS DUMPED THE NEXT WEEK BY MY PAL WHO OWNED IT.

THE LIL SHARPS I GOT LAST FALL SHOOTS PRETTY WELL AS NEAR AS I CAN CALL IT AS WE ONLY WERE ABLE TO PUT ONE BOX OF BHA FACTORY LOADS THOUGH IT BEFORE WINTER SET IN. IT SHOT VERY WELL WITH MORE POWER THAN I THOUGHT THAT BHA 38--55 AMMO WOULD PRODUCE. BOTH GREGG TANNER AND I COMMENTED ON THE RECOIL BEING MORE THAN ANTICIPATED. IT WAS STILL AT POPGUN LEVELS. I DID HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HANDOLADS I PUT TOGETHER FOR TESTING AS ONLY SEVEN OF FIFTY CARTRIDGES WITH FIVE DIFFERENT LOADS WOULD CHAMBER AS THE RIFLE HAS A VERY TIGHT CHAMBER. THE FIRST ONE DID AND OFF I WENT ONLY TO BE SURPRISED LATER. LUCKILY THEY'LL GO THROUGH THE MARLIN 336C/B LIKE PHYTTT THROUGH A GOOSE.

GUYS, I HAVE NO CAMERA LIKE IS REQUIRED TO PUT STUFF HERE ON THE 'NET AND WOULD NOT KNOW HOW TO GET IT HERE IF I DID.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Tom Richardson
Shootist

Post by Tom Richardson »

Looks like Terry is trying to lead Judy down the garden path.
Tom Richardson
Shootist

Post by Tom Richardson »

Terry is one cool dude when it comes to the pretty girls.

Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Thanks Doc and Tom them pictures are just plum perfect :D

Nice to put a face to ya Terry and your good lady wife.

You two take care now :D

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gregg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gregg »

THE LIL SHARPS I GOT LAST FALL SHOOTS PRETTY WELL AS NEAR AS I CAN CALL IT AS WE ONLY WERE ABLE TO PUT ONE BOX OF BHA FACTORY LOADS THOUGH IT BEFORE WINTER SET IN. IT SHOT VERY WELL WITH MORE POWER THAN I THOUGHT THAT BHA 38--55 AMMO WOULD PRODUCE. BOTH GREGG TANNER AND I COMMENTED ON THE RECOIL BEING MORE THAN ANTICIPATED

That's one nice rifle. Great rifle . Great round. What's not to like.lol
I have never been around shooting the 38-55, Was very impressed with the earth that was getting moved around out there on the range. I think you might be able to bring the meat to the grill with this one .