32-20 – Yessirree!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Wind
Levergunner 2.0

32-20 – Yessirree!

Post by Wind »

Got together with forum member BlaineG Sunday. We wanted to conclude some horse tradin’ and decided to meet for lunch in the center of Washington state, a town called Ellensburg. Close to 190 miles one way for each of us. When I mentioned the agenda to my long time hunting and fishing associate in a phone conversation Saturday night, he allowed it was only three Gazetteer pages away and could he join us? Michael Fred is always thinking outside the box. For those already starting to wonder about this post; three Gazetteer pages is equal to about 50 (nautical) leagues. BlaineG had chosen the diner, and it was a great choice. We porked out, laughed, told tall tales and took care of business. Mike and Blaine headed off into the setting sun and I turned back north. Mountain passes always look better in the daylight. Got a chance to try out my half of the deal alittle while ago. Dug out a box of reloads from 1981 and cranked off five rounds with the rifle in “as received” condition. Did check the bore and the action prior to loading, but you all do that too!! Hey BlaineG – it works good. Five rounds into a 3” bull at 50 yards. Best regards. Wind
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: 32-20 – Yessirree!

Post by Blaine »

I'm really happy it shoots. I never did shoot it and I was worried I might gyp you on the deal. I haven't shot the Kimber, but the holster is as promised: The Single Six slides in and out like it's on ball bearings :wink: It was good meeting you and your buddy.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Good Deal, that rifle is a twin of Mine made in 1989. It begs to be carried. :wink: .
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

So where's Horse you traded for ? :D

Enjoy your 32-20. It's one of my favorites. I'm thinking about a skinner sight for mine. Dr. Skinner is coming out with a windage adjustable low-pro, I'm just waiting to see what it looks like.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

drool... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
nemhed
Senior Levergunner

Post by nemhed »

Very nice, I just love those square bolt Marlins!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

very good guy's , nice dealing with gents ain't it :D

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

I have one of those I have been shooting at silhouettes for several years, it has sent countless steel chickens, pigs, turkeys and rams to their just reward. :D Marbles tang sight, Lyman 17a front, 108 grain cast bullet, 10.2 grains 4198, Winchester pistol primers. It is my favorite rifle for this sport, "from my cold dead fingers". :D
msmith1228
Levergunner 2.0

Post by msmith1228 »

Congrats, those are great little rifles.
Mack
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Wind, I tell you now that is fixing to become a real quick favorite little rifle. My old 92 32wcf is really a great shooter. Does it take a real .312 bullet or is it a .308 bore?
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Wind
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wind »

Hey there JerryB - I'm not sure what diameter it is. I'll get it slugged soon. It's embarrassing to say but the reloads were so old I don't remember exactly what diameter they were either!! The rifle seemed to shoot them fine. It has a front sight the size of Massachusetts, which I will also switch soon, which should help tighten the groups up some. Half the fun of a new rifle is sorting all these things out.

jnyork - I'd be willing to bet two nickels that this rifle will be slaying flat critters this spring!! That is gonna be a tough call, as I love my 100 year old Winchester 1892 in 25-20. One could almost envy the man with just one rifle.

Best regards. Wind
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

It uses .312 bullets. I've been using the 100gr xtp's. I might get a 115gr mold for casting and try those.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I sure do like the 85 and 100 grain XTPHP bullets in my 32wcf, they are fine!!
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Goat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Goat »

The Laser-cast 115gr sized .313" ahead of 4.0 gr of Universal Clays has been the load I have shot the most in my Marlin 32/20. It groups under an inch at 50 yards and sometimes much better. I also like 100gr XTP's with Win 296. Starline makes the best 32/20 brass as far as I am concerned although I have not had much trouble with Remington or Winchester IF I pay attention. It has been my favorite "play gun" since I got it. I recently got a 218 Bee to keep it company but have not got to play with it yet. Go forth and enjoy thine 32/20!
Goat
"To know HIM and make HIM known"
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:P Harumph.....Personally, I think the Kimber I got was the better end of the deal :P :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV