So hows your weather?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

So hows your weather?

Post by Nath »

Our little island is getting a real winter for once, this global warming is bad!

We have been lucky the worst snow has been all around us. I bet Gamekeeper has it worst and Perry Owens.

It is holding between 32f and 20f with some wind chill.

Typically the Brit public are going out in their low profile tired cars and getting stuck with just a shirt and tie on :roll: I have struggled to get my wife to take a good coat and boots with her, I did suggest rolling her around in the snow in an attempt to make her realise how quick she could cool down!

How is it for you and take care?

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: So hows your weather?

Post by gamekeeper »

Nath, there so many drivers that have never driven on snow before out there, you take your life in your hands every time you venture out! :roll

Last edited by gamekeeper on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Very cold, mid-40's Fahrenheit here in Longwood Florida today. Got to 29degF last night. We just can't take much of this. I know, but we're not used to it.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Rimfire McNutjob wrote:Very cold, mid-40's Fahrenheit here in Longwood Florida today. Got to 29degF last night. We just can't take much of this. I know, but we're not used to it.
That makes our temps positively warm!

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The snow and temps you are having are pretty (or were) normal where I've lived. We still have about 4-6" of compacted snow on the ground and 4-6" reportedly coming. Of course the plows had it 4' on the sidewalk and it is down to just about 20" now. My "ditch" through it is ready to be cleared all the way UP the block but not DOWN the block as my neighbors didn't help at all in clearing their walks. I usually do the walks with my blower on my block but it was just too much this last time. Check out 24401 on weather.com.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Steve Collins
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steve Collins »

It's Washington. It's raining. Nothing new...
Draw quickly, shoot accurately!
S&L Training
www.sandltraining.com

NRA Life Member
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Nath,

COLD! Due to a lot of wind! teens/day and single digits/night
Got about 4 inches of snow last night but BIG snow storm coming tomorrow!
Got the Yamaha Grizz 700 fired up with plow on,ready to rock! :wink:
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

I'm in Huntsville Alabama this week working and they are expecting snow tonight and tomorrow, but not much. But they have the same problem as back home in Texas, no way to deal with any of it.
Ricky

DWWC
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Steve Collins wrote:It's Washington. It's raining. Nothing new...

Rain is good, I can hunt with my bow because no body will be dumb enough to be out in it :D

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

79 here in So Cal. The only constant good thing California has going. I can drive one hour north and be in the snow, one hour west and be at the beach, and hour and a half east and all desert. Now if i could figure a way to get rid of about 90 percent of the population... :wink:
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

It's raining on the central Oregon coast. Low 40's to low 50's. And like Steve Collins said, it's typical. Yesterday about 2 1/2" at our house. Makes you really enjoy it when the sun comes out in the spring. We love it here.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

We're supposed to get a cold front in today with a dusting of snow here in OK. Going to be chilly for a few days with lows in the single digits and highs in the teens....At least it's chilly for here... :wink:

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

Here in western South Dakota and eastern Wyoming, they are projecting wind chills down to -35 tomorrow. Low tonight is
-11 degrees. At these temps you can spill hot coffee on the side of your truck and it will freeze in a blink of an eye. Trust me, it happened this morning. :oops: Other than that, we had 4 inches of global warming drifting across the roads.
Lobo
Member Emeritus

Post by Lobo »

Hi All !!!

We're enjoying an old fashioned West Virginia winter. High temp these past ten days has been 24*F with a low of 1*F and windchills to -30*F. Snow fall amounted to three feet between Christmas and New Year, with another two feet this week. There's been no school since before Christmas, and school's already called off for tomorrow. Forecast for next week.....more snow!!!

AAHHHHhhhhhhhhh...........my favorite time of the year!!
Lobo in West Virginia
Old List Veteran..Five Years..Five Hundred Posts
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

5 inches of snow last night and in the 30s.
Down to the teens tonight.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Cold. The global warming effects can be readily felt here. 1886.
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

5F right now (noon). Supposed to go to -10 -15 tonight. Too cold to get rid of the last snow we got around Christmas. Now we're piling onto that. ALGore better lay low for a while and keep his mouth shut.
Last Spike
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Last Spike »

Minus 19 Celsius (-2 Fahrenheit) at present up here. Lots of snow. Mild Canadian winter.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Here in eastern South Dakota it's snowing, eleven degrees with a 20 mile an hour wind.

So, I'm staying inside. The weather inside is very nice.

Where is that know-it-all Al Gore when you need him?

Cat
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

Nath, you'd feel right at home here in the Central Valley of California. For the last 2 weeks, we've been socked in with our annual winter tule fog. Visibility at times down to less than 1/10 of a mile. Although today the fog is a bit higher up. Mid-40's and chilly. But if I drive a few miles up into the foothills and gain about 1000 elevation, I'll break out into glorious sunshine.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
the telegraphist
Levergunner 2.0

Post by the telegraphist »

Well its 86F and raining, this last two weeks we have had 6 inches, the first real rain in nearly nine months so we aint complaining at all, everything is starting to turn green again and in this part of the country the fire risk has diminished considerably.
GUN CONTROL IS HITTING YOUR TARGET
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Deleted
Last edited by COSteve on Thu May 01, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

temperature here dropped last evening like it had leapt from the high board. "spanking" breeze from the NE signaled incoming nastiness. 4 degrees F, 4" new powder by this morning; skies have mostly cleared, meaning it will not get very much warmer today, but it's suposed to climb back up to the 30s by Saturday (if we're REALLY lucky...)
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Levergunner 2.0

Post by .45 »

13 degrees and snowing,25-35 MPH winds with gusts up to 45. Supposed to be -3 tonight, might hit zero tomorrow, -15 tomorrow night. Been fixing furnaces, repairing frozen water lines, and dreaming about better weather so I can get out and shoot my leverguns!
Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens... and the unforeseeable that which your life becomes.
oic0
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oic0 »

Supposed to get so cold here they have asked us to stock enough food for 3 days in case we cant get out. Water mains busting all over the place. It rarely gets super cold here but its supposed to rain like heck then drop down in to the single digits and hard freeze. People here do NOT know how to drive on snow and ice. They don't know how to drive in warm sunny weather. I'm looking forward to sitting at home with hot chocolate and a book while I pray none of my neighbors pine branches fall on my truck or house.

Stinkin global warming.

Weather advisory:
EMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO THE COLDEST IN YEARS ACROSS THE FOUR STATE REGION... PARTICULARLY FROM THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY. LOW TEMPERATURES WILL RANGE FROM NEAR SINGLE DIGITS IN SOUTHEAST OKLAHOMA... TO NEAR 20 DEGREES ACROSS PORTIONS OF DEEP EAST TEXAS AND CENTRAL LOUISIANA THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY NIGHT. DAYTIME HIGHS WILL DROP DURING THE DAY ON THURSDAY AND STRUGGLE TO GET ABOVE FREEZING ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY AFTERNOON. LOCATIONS SOUTH OF INTERSTATE 20 COULD GO AS LONG AS 36 HOURS WITH BELOW FREEZING TEMPERATURES... WHILE PORTIONS OF EXTREME NORTHEAST TEXAS... SOUTHEAST OKLAHOMA AND SOUTHWEST ARKANSAS SEE FREEZING TEMPERATURES FOR UP TO 72 HOURS IN DURATION.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Alledgedly it will get real cold, snow predicted, but I'm betting ( hoping ) it wil stay north of us.
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

For us it is actually not too bad of a winter so far. Maybe 12" to 18 " of snow on the ground. Cloudy and not too cold (for us) 20 deg F. In my province (Quebec) we have made it law to have 4 snow tires on your car from Dec15 to Apr 15. It makes a big difference in stopping and cornering. There is no such thing as 4 season tires, only a 4 season compromise.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Bruce Scott
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bruce Scott »

HOT

Temps over 40 celcius for the last few days with strong northerly winds - a recipe for disaster if we get a fire.
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Post by perry owens »

Got a foot of snow overnight and another 4in today here in the Surrey Hills. Fortunately I work from home so I don't need to drive anywhere and I have enough Laphroag to last a week or two. Just hope I can get to the range at the weekend.
Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

I am ready for some global warming right now. :P
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Freezing rain all day on top of a few inches of snow. Temps in the 20s.

Finally feels like winter! :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

It was 22 degrees this morning when I woke up. Predictions are for 50% chance of snow tomorrow night with temps in the teens this weekend.

And I live in Florida near the Gulf of Mexico!

It will be even colder inland. The forecast low for Crestview, Florida Saturday is 9 degrees :shock:
http://www.wunderground.com/US/FL/Crestview.html

Hey Al Gore, come on down and let's talk global warming.................................................IDIOT!
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

22nd day in a row of below normal temperatures here. Today's high was around 40f - supposed to be only highs in the 30's for the rest of the week, with lows in the teens! That's COLD for here!!! :shock:
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Oh, let's see. Today, it was in the low to mid 70's. Bright, clear blue sky, with a gently onshore breeze off the Pacific. The drive down the coast revealed a fair number of the fairer sex on the beaches. The roller skaters, bicylcist, and power walkers were moving along the Santa Monica Strand in good numbers. Pepperdine Co-eds were out in force as well. So all in all, I'd say it was a typicaly winters day in SoCal. :P :P :P
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Temps here haven't been out of the 20's in a couple weeks and that ain't supposed to change any time soon. We are supposed to catch up to 6" tonight and tomorrow should make driving to work fun.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
cessnapilot
Levergunner

Post by cessnapilot »

About 20 here in southeast Michigan, a couple inches of snow on grassy areas. It's been a funny Winter so far, hardly any snow, maybe 6 or 8 inches total , not real cold either. Supposed to get a few inches tomorrow afternoon.
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

From the Arkansas/Missouri Ozarks:
"Snow has developed over the Ozarks this early afternoon (Wednesday) and will continue for much of the evening. The snow will begin to let up shortly after midnight and taper off to just flurries by sunrise. Snowfall totals along and south of Highway 60 from southern Missouri to Arkansas can expect 1"-3". (NOTE: this is on top of the 3"-4" we just got Sunday.) North of Highway 60 to central Missouri 3"-6" of snow are possible.
The next issue to contend with is strong winds. Winds are expected to really increase shortly after 10pm and get stronger towards sunrise. Northwest winds of 15-30 with higher gusts are possible. The strong winds are going to usher in much colder air and create dangerous wind chills. Temperatures will dive to near 10 degrees by sunrise with wind chills of -10/-20 possible. The strong winds will also cause problems with blowing and drifting snow.
The cold air will sink into the region for about a three day stay before conditions begin to warm. Lows both Friday and Saturday morning are forecasted to drop well below zero. The winds are forecasted to remain strong through Friday so dangerous wind chills will again be a problem. High temperatures Thursday through Saturday will remain in the single digits to near 10 degrees."
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

It's Thursday Jan 7 6am as I write. I'm just getting off a midshift. It is -13F outside.

How is that Global Warming Thingey working for everyone?
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

Well, it's bad!! Us plains state boys are getting hammered right now aren't we? 6" of fluff last night (added to our 18-24" on the ground already), 25mph winds gusting to 35-45 this afternoon. High of -2 tomorrow in Des Moines(DSM) to our south. Low of -19 tomorrow night in DSM. We are usually a good 5-10 degrees colder than them so well be lucky to hit -5 tomorrow and we'll be well into the -20's tomorrow night, NOT COUNTING WIND CHILL.

Good Luck and stay warm,
LK
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Not had much snow locally yet :D :D but it has been really cold for a while now.
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

In the words of Charles Barkley, "turrble, just turrble." Chilly @ 4O-42 early this morning, expected 70-72 here in the Az desert. Cold front coming in that might knock it dow to the 30s/60s. We did have a spate of very chilly (for us) around the holidays--the first big front that hit the entire nation that supposedly started in Arizona--didn't get out of the 50s for days and parts of the Phoenix area got down into the upper 20s overnight...a big deal around here where folks (true locals) really break out the parkas (hey, it's all relative!). Bet we're through that stuff for the year, but we might get one more round; often do get a last gasp of winter in January.

When it's chilly here even by visitors' standards (they don't expect it), some of the retarded--especially young--transplants walk around in the silly board shorts and floppies regardless--and more n more they're becoming the local scene. Even local teen boys (and girls too) don't think it's "cool" at all to even wear a light jacket or even a sweatshirt, never a hat. I saw three mid teen girls--trying not to huddle--desperately trying to not look like they were shivering one very chilly day in their tank top'd skimpy wear. One of them looked positively overdressed in a pair of jeans and her girlfriends were chiding her about it! Guess that's the same all over judging by some news shots. Where I grew up 5-8 back east, we really resented out parents sending us out bundled up in hats and scarves, or when it rained in our yellow slickers and rubber boots! I hear that's not changed! Here's to y'all warming up real soon!
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

perry owens wrote:Got a foot of snow overnight and another 4in today here in the Surrey Hills. Fortunately I work from home so I don't need to drive anywhere and I have enough Laphroag to last a week or two. Just hope I can get to the range at the weekend.
Perry Owens

Thats a peaty one is it not Perry? I prefere a paler one my self or a blended tipped in a mug of tea :wink:

Every one wrap up except those in the southern hemispere and the warmer states.

Thats a bummer when the water goes off!

Talk of gas shortage over here, I look at my logs as if they are gold at the moment and my wife has stopped complaining of the dust! :wink:

nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

LOGS! LOGS! I'm surrounded by LOGS but the dumb landlord took out the log burner before we moved in and replaced it with a silly little electric fire!!! :evil: :evil:
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

game keeper wrote:LOGS! LOGS! I'm surrounded by LOGS but the dumb landlord took out the log burner before we moved in and replaced it with a silly little electric fire!!! :evil: :evil:

Best bring them up here then when you come :D

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

If the landlord thought someone else was burning his precious logs he'd call in Scotland Yard. :roll:
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Post by perry owens »

Nath wrote:
perry owens wrote:Got a foot of snow overnight and another 4in today here in the Surrey Hills. Fortunately I work from home so I don't need to drive anywhere and I have enough Laphroag to last a week or two. Just hope I can get to the range at the weekend.
Perry Owens

Thats a peaty one is it not Perry? I prefere a paler one my self or a blended tipped in a mug of tea :wink:
Talk of gas shortage over here, I look at my logs as if they are gold at the moment and my wife has stopped complaining of the dust! :wink:
Yes Nath, Laphroag's about as peaty as they get. I keep the blended stuff for when the Mother in Law visits.
Tomorrow, if I can get out past all the Chelsea Tractors abandoned on the school run I am off to Machine Mart to get a log burner for my workshop.
Perry Owens
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

perry owens wrote:
Nath wrote:
Perry Owens

Yes Nath, Laphroag's about as peaty as they get. I keep the blended stuff for when the Mother in Law visits.
Tomorrow, if I can get out past all the Chelsea Tractors abandoned on the school run I am off to Machine Mart to get a log burner for my workshop.
Perry Owens

:lol: I would have to :lol: drink half a :lol: bottle of the blended stuff :lol: before the mother in law turned up :lol: !!

Good luck with the stove.

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Barcelona Rick
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Barcelona Rick »

Too darned cold here in NE Texas....22* and wind blowing. Next three morning low teens with windchill around 0*....alittle sleet this morning. My son and I hunted (he drove me right up to the deer stand/blind) with the muzzleloader yesterday afternoon...saw 4 does and an 8 point buck that was too narrow to shoot....we have an antler restriction in place....inside spread must be 13" or greater or must have a least one unbranched antler....the buck looked young maybe 2 1/2 but had a beautiful racks just a little narrow...he came out at about 95 yards and stayed still along time...since we are sharing a rifle the boy really showed great judgement. If y'all don't mind me asking (we do this in Texas to everyone we meet) what do our British Brothers do for a living ?? The estate deal looks neat but the restrictions seem to be tough...

jumbeaux

ps I was a machine shop hand for 30+ years and am now disabled/retired
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Post by perry owens »

jumbeaux wrote: If y'all don't mind me asking (we do this in Texas to everyone we meet) what do our British Brothers do for a living ?? The estate deal looks neat but the restrictions seem to be tough...
Jumbeaux, I am a freelance consultant contracted to a group of US-based test instrument manufacturers serving the pulp and paper industries. I am trying to retire but annuity rates are rubbish just now and my employers keep offering me lots of money to stay on, so....
Perry Owens
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

jumbeaux wrote:Too darned cold here in NE Texas....22* and wind blowing. Next three morning low teens with windchill around 0*....alittle sleet this morning. My son and I hunted (he drove me right up to the deer stand/blind) with the muzzleloader yesterday afternoon...saw 4 does and an 8 point buck that was too narrow to shoot....we have an antler restriction in place....inside spread must be 13" or greater or must have a least one unbranched antler....the buck looked young maybe 2 1/2 but had a beautiful racks just a little narrow...he came out at about 95 yards and stayed still along time...since we are sharing a rifle the boy really showed great judgement. If y'all don't mind me asking (we do this in Texas to everyone we meet) what do our British Brothers do for a living ?? The estate deal looks neat but the restrictions seem to be tough...

jumbeaux

ps I was a machine shop hand for 30+ years and am now disabled/retired
I am a fabricater welder. I am doing a stainless pipe job at the moment in 10", 8", 4" and 2" pipe all TIG welded. (Amonst other stuff).

N.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!