Jesse Stone thin ice on tonight

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Jesse Stone thin ice on tonight

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Tom Selleck is on CBS now as Jesse stone
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Jesse Stone thin ice on tonight

Post by vancelw »

RIHMFIRE wrote:Tom Selleck is on CBS now as Jesse stone

What??? And miss the Cowgirls getting beat? (I know they are ahead now, at half-time, but things change :cry: )

I was in a panic, wondering what to do (I have no way to record one channel and watch another just yet) when I finally realized Jesse Stone was a re-run from this spring. Whew.

It ought to be about time for another installment, but IMDB doesn't list one in the wroks.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Jesse Stone thin ice on tonight

Post by 20cows »

Though I didn't notice it in time to catch the beginning, I was glad to see another one is out there to see. (Got the others on DVD).
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

It's a repeat but worth watching again. I'm watching it now.

I hope they have a couple/three new episodes this winter and spring.
ED
Yer never too old
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

OT-Jesse Stone thin ice on tonight

Post by vancelw »

Modoc ED wrote:It's a repeat but worth watching again. I'm watching it now.

I hope they have a couple/three new episodes this winter and spring.
It's looks like Robert Parker wrote novels on the first 4 Jesse Stone movies, but the 5th (the one showing tonight) was only based on his characters. IMDB doesn't show anymore projects in the works, so I guess we're out of luck for a while. They're not the best dramas ever made, but they are sure a welcome change from all the graphic detective shows that have all run out of plausible plot ideas.

A bad movie with Tom Selleck in it is better than a good movie with Candice Bergman in it (insert Okra, Alec Baldwin...whoever you want.) I'm not saying these Jesse Stone movies are bad.
I'm just hoping the wind is low tomorrow so I can go to the range and do some sighting-in. Never thought I'd have to take my camera until I got on this forum...
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[It's looks like Robert Parker wrote novels on the first 4 Jesse Stone movies, but the 5th (the one showing tonight) was only based on his characters.]

You are mistaken, and have it backwards, vancelw -
The TV movies are based on the Robert B. Parker novels/characters, as they came well before - in addition to over 50 other similar novels, including a few in the Western genre (Appaloosa, Brimstone, etc).

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Pete44ru wrote:[It's looks like Robert Parker wrote novels on the first 4 Jesse Stone movies, but the 5th (the one showing tonight) was only based on his characters.]

You are mistaken, and have it backwards, vancelw -
The TV movies are based on the Robert B. Parker novels/characters, as they came well before - in addition to over 50 other similar novels, including a few in the Western genre (Appaloosa, Brimstone, etc).

I worded it wrong (backwards), but that is what I meant. I will have to read Appaloosa to see what kind of novel it is. That is one of the worst movies I ever watched.

Selleck and someone else wrote the 5th Jesse Stone movie based on the characters Parker created. TV movies don't have as much lead time as major motion pictures, but with no projects listed, it will be a while (if ever) before any more Stone movies come out.

Last time I saw Selleck, he was on Boston Legal, but I still couldn't bring myself to watch it.
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

If Selleck is going to make another movie, I hope it's a Quigley movie.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I got it wrong again. Looks like there were 6 Stone movies with the last two not being written by Parker.
http://www.amazon.com/Robert-B.-Parker/ ... =sr_tc_2_0

Amazon lists several books ( about nine) that are Jesse Stone stories, so I wonder why they didn't use some of them for movies. I guess I'll have to read them all to find out. I'll add those books to the stack on my headboard.

I need some more cold weather so i can catch up on my reading :D I'm off to the gun range today. It's not going to warm up much, but it's sunny and the wind is light.
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

It's possible that some of the book's stories are difficult to put on film.