The last survivor of the Warsaw Ghetto Battle dies

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
edwardyoung
Levergunner 2.0

The last survivor of the Warsaw Ghetto Battle dies

Post by edwardyoung »

I thought others might be interested in this. How confused he must have been his whole life, since now we know the Holocoast didn't even happen.

http://my.att.net/s/editorial.dll?pnum= ... strgt&l=hm
wm
Senior Levergunner

Re: The last survivor of the Warsaw Ghetto Battle dies

Post by wm »

A man of rare quality and courage to be sure.

Wm
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Big question is will people ever learn what happens, time and time again, when they are deprived of their ability to resist tyranny?
redlevel42
Levergunner 2.0

Post by redlevel42 »

This was a great man. I was familiar with the incident, but not with any of the individuals involved. This man had a rare understanding:

'Man is evil, by nature man is a beast," he said then. Therefore people "have to be educated from childhood, from kindergarten, that there should be no hatred."

"When you cannot defend freedom through peaceful means, you have to use arms to fight Nazism, dictatorship, chauvinism,

That, folks, is what we mean when we say "Freedom isn't free." This man knew that first-hand, and was willing to pay the price.
Georgia On My Mind
Henry McCann
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Henry McCann »

Thanks for sharing the link...Many years ago I read Mila 18, a fictional account of the Warsaw Ghetto uprising by Leon Uris.

Though fictional, Uris did a great job of research. I would recommend the book to anyone that is interested in this story.
"Be kind and polite to everyone you meet; but have a plan on how to kill them." General Mattis
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

many do not realize that the warsaw ghetto is where the MODERN term of "ghetto" is derived from. those who speak of the "ghetto" of L.A. or N.Y.C. have no idea what they're talking about when the term "ghetto" is used.

i once looked at a pictorial history of the warsaw ghetto taken in dramatic black and white photos, by one that was there; if it would not bring tears to your eyes and tear your heart out...you have no heart.

one picture i still see, is that of two tiny children in a bed in a room with no windows or doors (they had been broken out or removed), that had to spend the winter in bed because they had no clothes...it was not told if they survived or not...

my dad was amongst some of the liberating troops who liberated a concentration camp...he would not speak of it...

but according to amadama-ding-dong of iran, the holocaust never occurred...
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers