Where to find a better, larger photograph?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Where to find a better, larger photograph?

Post by Naphtali »

Peter Hopkirk's The Great Game: The Struggle for Empire in Central Asia has, in duotone on its cover and also reproduced as black-and-white photograph within the body of the book, a photograph of a man in cold weather garb on a mountain top surveying the distance - telescope being supported by a leather-cased rifle.

Has anyone a source to obtain a better, larger photographic image online, or a copy of the photograph?
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
Hobie

Re: Where to find a better, larger photograph?

Post by Hobie »

This is the photo he's talking about...

Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Where to find a better, larger photograph?

Post by Naphtali »

I have been informed that the photograph's title is "Scanning the Passes" by Sir Erich Teichman, a British diplomat. I cannot confirm this, nor can I find any photograph of this title.
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson