OT- did some shootin'

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

OT- did some shootin'

Post by Andrew »

Got a call from a buddy today, says he was gonna be out shooting and wanted to know if I would be interested. :? Um...yeah. :D

I had a few things to finish up at the house and then I was off. Bumbling around the house I seen my ROA laying on the table and thought 'this would be nice to shoot today'. Haven't shot it in over a year and today was a gorgeous day, couple that with the notion that my buddy hasn't ever shot a C&B and my mind was made up. It went.

So I get there and they have some company who brought a few toys and there was a spread on top of a folding table sitting in the yard(range). Nice! A handful of Ruger .22's with arm loads of clips to go with them, a Ruger P series in 9mm(didn't get to shoot that one), a 1911(or that one :x ), a Glock 22, a 9mm that I didn't even bother remembering the name, Kel-Tec P3AT, an H&R 929(went ahead and slid it's holster on), and a big ole Ruger Old Army.

We put a lot of .22 size holes in the target board and a fair amount of 9mm and .40 holes as well. Sat and bs'ed quite a bit too. Anyhoo, does anyone want to wager a guess as to which gun, very consistantly, out shot ever other gun on that table? Hmm?? Yeah. 8) It took home 2 awards: most accurate & longest time to reload. :lol:

Good times. :D
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT- did some shootin'

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Sounds like fun!! :D
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Good going Andrew...sounds like a great time indeed. I had a rare chance to get to the range today and also spent some good time shooting black powder in my 54 flinter. I still smell like rotten eggs and ballistol! A 22 is nice to get out to get rid of the frustration of slow shooting and I wish I had brought mine.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

Andrew wrote:Gdoes anyone want to wager a guess as to which gun, very consistantly, out shot ever other gun on that table? Hmm?? Yeah. 8) It took home 2 awards: most accurate & longest time to reload. :lol:

Good times. :D
Oooh Oooh pick me, pick me...(hand waving franticly in the air)...Ruger OA? :lol:

Ed
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Excellent Andrew! Why didn't you get a chance to shoot the 1911 though?