Heiser pocket holster

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Heiser pocket holster

Post by walks with gun »

At a yard sale I picked up a Heiser model 903 pocket holster I am guessing it would be for a 4'' colt .32 DA or something about that size. It's in great shape except a small oil stain and at one time someone faintly put there last name in small letters along the bottom edge. Anyone know were I can find a little info and rough price on this find.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Heiser pocket holster

Post by rjohns94 »

welcome to the forum. can't help with the info you are looking for though
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Hillbilly
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hillbilly »

if it's a marked Heiser holster I'd expect it to bring anything from $80 or higher. There are folks who deal in old leather and the market is represented on the internet.

Marked leathergoods from 1880 to up in the 40's are very desirable to collectors...Heiser, Porter, Meana and other saddle makers were in the holster business too. At one time there were dozens of saddle makers in the Denver area alone. Much of this stuff got tossed in the junk after is was deemed "obsolete" or wore out and can be hard to find these days.
always press the "red" button--- it's worth the effort and the results can be fun
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

Post by Doc Hudson »

About all I can say for certain is if the holster came from the House of Heiser, the quality is disinctly far above average.

Heiser was in operation from the late 1850's up until it was bought out in 1945. The purchaser continued tto market holsters under the Heiser brand for a few more years but the quality declined somewhat.

if you have a pre-War Heiser, it will bring a pretty good chunk of change from a holster collector. Unfortunately my gunleather collector friend has been laid low by illness and I've no one else to ask a value.

Congratulations on the acquisition.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

Thanks guy's sometimes those garage sales can be pretty neat.