Legacy Sports 1886 rifle

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Legacy Sports 1886 rifle

Post by KWK »

Jeff Quinn's recent post and article on Legacy's 1892 handgun led me to the Legacy site where I noticed Legacy is advertising an 1886. Has any one see these? Davidson's site lists them, but out of stock. Are they vapor-ware?
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Legacy Sports 1886 rifle

Post by 2ndovc »

I don't think they've been delivered yet.

I know I'm going to want one!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

at $1400. they are going to have a hard time competeing with the Winchester RE-Issues. If they are original design (no tang safety and no rebounder) and sell at about $800 street price I would be interested.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Base on our own Nate Kiowa Jones' evaluation of the issues with the Chiappa '92 models, I'd be leary of any rifle made by Chiappa.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Kansas Ed
Senior Levergunner

Post by Kansas Ed »

I for one am glad to see this. Not that Puma is offering it, but that it means that Uberti will likely do it better now.

Ed
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Chiappa had their new 1886 on display at End Of Trail last month. I was able to examine the SRC, and was very impressed with the fit and overall finish. Absolutely beautiful oil finished walnut. Action was very smooth. No rebounding hammer or tang safety. Made just like the original as far as I could see. It ain't cheap, but is priced at about what all of these replicas coming out of Italy are. In other words, about like the 1876 and 1873 repops.
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva