what gun you wish

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Paco
Site Owner

what gun you wish

Post by Paco »

CUTTER ASKED WHAT GUN WE SHOULD HAVE PURCHASED BACK WHEN AND DIDN'T ... GOOD POST....
BUT HOW ABOUT THIS..
WHICH GUNS DID YOU LET GET AWAY ...THAT YOU NOW WISH YOU HAD NOT... REALLY WISH NOW YOU HAD NOT LET THEM GO ?!!!!!! :cry: PACO
PACO/OWNER
Paco
Site Owner

OUCH

Post by Paco »

:? FORGOT TO POST MY REPLY.... IN 1986 WE LOST A TREDWAY SAFE (safe and all) WITH SCORES OF RIFLES AND HANDGUNS.... NEVER TO BE REPLACED....

BUT THE GUNS THAT I MISS ARE A CIVIALIAN 30 CALIBER LUGER WITH A 11 INCH BARREL A WOOD FOREARM AND RIFLE STOCK....

A REAL DISASTER... A COLT S/A IN 44 SPECIAL, IVORY STOCKED AND ENGRAVED COPYING JUDGE ROY BEAN'S COLT SINGLE ACTIONS STYLE.

AN ORGINAL 1911 45 ACP OWNED BY MY GRANDFATHER WITH A LOW THREE DIGET SER/# AND A 45 COLT S/A 7.5 INCH SILVER PLATED AND ENGRAVED ALSO ONCE OWNED BY MY GRANDFATHER.... :cry: :cry: PACO
PACO/OWNER
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Paco,
The Luger hurts, even now.
What happened to that .256 Winchester Mag. on a Rossi 92?

IT TOO WENT THE WAY OF THE THIEF.... P :evil: :x :cry:

ALL GONE... I HAVE THEM ON NICS.. BUT NOW THAT THE FBI RUNS IT I'LL NEVER GET THEM BACK EVEN IF FOUND... PACO
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Older guy (neighbor) I met when I was a kid - scruffy old coat, and rusty old truck parked on a lane between our fields. After he identified himself, he commented on the .22 single shot I was carrying, and said I ought to get hold of a handgun, since it leaves both hands free when out walking. He then produced a 1911 Gold Cup and after awhile mentioned that it was one of a pair of consecutive serial number ones, but alas, he'd lost the other one in a fire (his eyes sort of misted over) - yep, it was in the glove box of a Cadillac he had in one of his barns.

I always remembered him, a wealthy and eccentric guy of the 'old school' who could replace the barn and the car, but by gosh, not that Gold Cup...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Flattop Ruger, .357 w/4-5/8" bbl. - traded for "something". A Ruger Single Six Convertible 4-5/8" and both cylinders - traded for the Marlin 336A, .30-30 I gave my Dad. OK with the 2nd one, but not even remembering what I got for the 1st one tells me I shouldn't have.
:oops:
EDIT: Gosh, here I was just singin' along, fat, dumb and happy; when I mentioned this subject to my wife. Ya know, some days ya should quit when yer ahead. Wife reminded me that... in fact, it was the Flattop Ruger, .357 w/4-5/8" bbl. - traded for my Dad's 336A .30-30. And the Ruger Single Six Convertible 4-5/8" and both cylinders was traded for a couch a boyfriend of her best friend owned. Now I'm more upset about the Single-Six than the 3-screw! The good news is that both trades happened over 27 years ago! :shock: And in all truth, I'd like to have 'em both back!

(Do women ever forget ANYTHING?)EDIT ABSOLUTELY NEVER ESPECIALLY IF ANOTHER WOMAN IS IN THE MIX....A COUCH FOR A GUN... OUCH!! :? PACO
Last edited by Griff on Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Savage99
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Savage99 »

Mine was a colt python .357 that featured a 4in barrel..it was bueatiful..But it was stolen along with a mint colt lawman Mark III .357mag....to this day I get sick thinking about it...I left both guns on top of my gun safe..they broke in to the garage and stole a riding lawn mower and both those pistols...the safe was bolted to the floor so stealing that would be very hard.....

I wish I could have caught them :evil:

I've never sold a gun that I wanted back..Always made a profit.
Robert....

Chance favors the prepared mind....
Don-T
Levergunner

Post by Don-T »

Prob'ly a Gold Cup I had worked over when I was shooting for the Navy and the fluted barrel Hi-Standard I used for .22. Retired and figured I wasn't gonna use them anymore. :( Kinda miss an Interarms Mauser .243 with a Mannlicher stock and a Weatherby .22 semi-auto too. :cry:
NRA Benefactor, Retired submariner
canonsix
Levergunner 2.0

Post by canonsix »

A 6.5 Swedish Mauser worked over by a very close friend.The carbine was stolen from my truck in 1973 and my friend has gone.Still miss them both Doug
a armed man is his own master
user45
Levergunner

Post by user45 »

All the firearms I could have bought with every dollar I had or could borrow before they where banned with the "Firearms Ownwers' Protection Act of May 19, 1986.

I'd sell half of them now and retire early.......
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Which gun got away

Post by rjohns94 »

I worked part time selling guns for some 17 years in a shop in Virginia. In the shop was an 1873 winchester with a long barrel, a rotary disk tang sight and chamber in .22 short. It was listed for $2000 in those days. It was complete, original and in very nice condition. I mourn my poverty of those days.

MIKE WAS THE STORE GREENTOPS? PACO
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I inherited several Winchester levers from my Grandfather. One was a button mag 92 SRC in 25-20. It was really beat up and there was nothing left of the bore. A fellow offered me a fourtune for it and I sold it. Needed the cash and sold the same guy some of my stuff. I didn't know until later that it had been his favorite of all the Winchesters. That still beats me up even though I have so many that belonged to both my Grandfathers.. I'll NEVER do that agan!

The other one is a Win. model 12 Trench gun that I passed up at a show in Kentucky for 600.00. It was every penny I had at the time but I still wish I'd bought it.

8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
hillclimber
Levergunner

Post by hillclimber »

Father in law gave me his Marlin golden 39A about a month before he died. Bro-in-law, shirt tail, came by about 2 months later, telling my wife it was given to him. She gave it to him.

An employee sold me his Winchester 30-30 for $125.....he needed the money. He asked $100 but I felt for him. Another employee wanted it bad so I sold it to him the next day, but he promised to pay a little each month, after talking me into letting him take it home to show his wife. Never seen him or the gun, or my money since.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

My 6" FA .454 Casull with the accessory .45acp cylinder, reloading dies & all accutrements. Sold to afford to move across country to a job I don't like, in an area with little (open) hunting.

Giving up that one hurt(s) a lot - for both reasons.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
jcw
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jcw »

Ruger old model single six convertable. Remington 700 BDL in '06.
cutter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by cutter »

Two years ago, Ruger (Old Model? It had the flat loading gate.) Single Six, 99.00$ It had a long barrel , maybe 7 inches, and was in near perfect condition. I had the funds, but wanted to look at a Bowning Buckmark at another store, by the time I got back a few hours later it was gone.

Stupid, stupid , stupid...
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Ruger MkI Bull barrel. Had a smooth bore. Factory forgot to rifle it. Wondered why I couldn't hit anything with it. Found out why. Took it back to the gun shop and got a 6 7/8 bbl'd job instead. Hauled alot of hay to pay for it and wanted a shooter.

Sure wish I still had it.

Remington 700bdl in 6.5 mag.

Ruger 357 maximum
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Last June, before Daughter's wedding and things were a bit tight, I didn't get a Savage 99 in 300 Sav., compleletly refinished to like new, for 299$$ :oops: :oops: :P
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I used to own a Colt AR-15 Heavy Barrel, almost new, back before the Brady law got passed. I didn't use it much, and sold it for what I had in it, which was $400.00 and this was a fair price at the time. Money was tight and I was trying to scrape up money to buy a 78 CJ-5. I really don't miss the gun, but darn if I had kept it for just a little while longer, I could have sold it for at least $1,200.00

Another gun I wish I had kept, was a Smith and Wesson model 41, .22 target pistol. I originally gave 314.00 for it new and eventually won many trophys with it, in NRA Hunter PIstol and Bullseye matches. But had gotten out of that sort of competition and was scraping up money for a Wilson Combat 45 auto, which I still have.

I don't remember too many guns that I had wished I had bought but didn't, because I usually bought them if I could swing it, but one I do wish I had bought, was a new Browning 1886 SRC back several years ago, before Winchester started putting their name on them along with darned safety and rebounding hammer. I still see them once in a while, so I may get one yet.
Jeff Pitts
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Jeff Pitts »

No doubt, a beautiful 6" Colt Python I traded off for something that I don't even remember some 25 years ago or so. Killed my first couple dozen deer with that pistol using a cast 173 gr Keith and 13 grains of 2400. Why I let it go I don't know :cry: :cry:

Jeff
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

what gun you wish

Post by brucew44guns »

It doesn't gnaw my guts out, but a small gunshop I go into frequently in Abilene, Kansas had taken in trade a model 57 S@W. It was very nicely blued, 4 inch barrel, 41 mag, and had a letter from S@W that they had charged the original owner 85 dollars to slick up the action and trigger. It was about the nicest handgun for function I ever held, like a slicked up Python as if they need slicking up. 350.00 would have taken her out the door, in 2003 it was. I needed to "think" it over, and alas, when I came back 2 days later it was long gone.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

My father had a Colt New Frontier SAA in .22. It was stolen out of my brother's room years ago. I'd love to have that gun back...
Kid Cossack
Levergunner

Post by Kid Cossack »

This was in, 1985 or 6, must be. I'm at a pawn shop that had done a transfer for me of two Brazilian contract S&W 1917s. Guy comes in with a beat up (little remaining finish--it was mechanically excellent) old Colt sixgun. He says "It's marked .38 but the .38 Specials I put in it just rattle around." Pawn shop owner has zero zip zilch interest in it, so the guy offers it to me.

I'd read up a little even back then, and knew that this was a 4 3/4" Colt Bisley in .38 WCF aka .38-40 aka .40 S&W Long Rimmed.

So I 'splain 'em what it was, admire it for a minute or two---oh yeah, tight lockup, good solid clickety-clicking when you cock it, good bore.

I'm not looking to get another gun, so when I'm sure the owner doesn't want it, I politely pass, too. Guy's asking three hundred dollars cash---comes down to two fifty. I am morally certain I could have walked away with it for two bills---and I had money in my pocket.

Nah, I figure, what's the odds of me ever being able to buy .38 WCF ammo?
Not all who wander are lost.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

A Civil War Spencer(Rifle Version) for 250 bucks at my local gunstore . I would take my lunch hour away from High School and fondle that old rifle....no one wanted it and it was BEGGING for me to take it home. But, I was dazzled by Ruger Single Actions and Double shotguns and passed it up. It is the one rifle I would love to have hanging in my living room to this day. ..just to look at and wonder what stories it could tell. Still kicking myself! That rifle would be worth thousands today.

Next to or equal to that, my Uncles Remington 1900 Double in 16 Gauge. I would always take it out and oil it while watching Big Jake....in the early 80's. Loved that gun! Sadly it got stolen from my Uncles house with all of his other guns. They were in a hurry though and missed one, his Ruger Flat Top, which I inherited :)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Boge Quinn
Shootist

Post by Boge Quinn »

Grover Improved #5, offered to me CHEAP by a Gunblast reader. At least it went to a good guy (Jimmy Pilcher).

I have laid awake over that one.
Chick Brewster
Levergunner

Post by Chick Brewster »

It's not a lever gun, but several years back I had the chance to get one of those 50 BMG's from Barrett... the semi auto model with scope, all kinds of ammo and other accessories for $2800

GEEZUS... what was I thinkin' not to get that smokin' deal :(

-cb-
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I was once offered a 1849 Colt 6" barrel. The guy thought it was a 51 Navy. I said I did not have the cash for an antique Colt at that time.
I later found out he sold it for little more than three packs of cigarettes! :(
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Poohgyrr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Poohgyrr »

Wish I had bought? Any of several Winchester levers, and i still want a few more tuned EMF M92s. One of those 16" Miroku .45LC M92s from a few years ago too.

Sold and wish I hadn't? The twin to my little tuned J frame 640-1, and the Coonan Arms .357 Magnum, with more magazines. Both were great for carry, and sold to buy something else.

Last edited by Poohgyrr on Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
Family, blue steel & wood, hot biscuits, and fresh coffee.
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

The nickel 4 3/4" Colt SAA in 44 spl I had back in the 80's. Also the same gun w/ 7 1/2" barrel that I traded off. And the Colt 45 Buntline spl. And the Colt 1911 made in 1917. And my first 29, a 6 1/2" nickel gun. And the several 1886 Winchesters I had. The first was a heavy barrel gun, rebored from 40-60 or 65 to 45-70, that was restocked with extra fancy wood and very well refinished. Weighed about 12 pounds loaded. Really wish I had the 33, with 24" round barrel, full mag, shotgun butt.

And my old Navy Arms 1866 carbine in 22 lr.
dave in maine
Levergunner 1.0

Post by dave in maine »

a mint s&w schofield in 44 russian,it hurts to think of it.
444Hal
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 444Hal »

Now that I got a little experience under my belt, I would keep it simple. A Winchester 94 in 30WCF. Don’t have to be a collector. Just a good light weight , every day carrying around gun.
Basswrangler
Levergunner

Post by Basswrangler »

About 2 or 3 years ago, I was at an indoor range with my friend Bill and my dad when this dude walks in with a pistol case. Bill actually knew this guy and after they'd been talking for a while he mentioned that he'd like to sell the pistol he had. He opens the case (the clouds roll back, angels start singing, lo and behold) and he has a series '70 Colt 1911 in great shape. I don't remember who asked for a price, but he only wanted $400!! :shock: At the time, I just didn't have the money, my dad's not real big into guns, and Bill already had one or something, but I'll never forget that evening!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Poohgyrr wrote:... and the Coonan Arms .357 Magnum, with more magazines. Both were great for carry, and sold to buy something else.
AAAAUUUGGHHHH!

#1 dream gun... Coonan .357....
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Comal Forge
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Comal Forge »

I saw an ad in the paper for an estate sale with "old Sharps rifle" printed with the other miscellany. The house was on my way to work so I dropped by the next morning. The Sharps was an original custom 1874 rifle in .40-50, perfect bore, large tang sight, globe front and Schuetzen style stock with hooked buttplate. The patina was perfect and it had clearly been loved but not used much. Asking price (this was about 15 years ago) was $1400. I had that much in my checking account but this was before ATM's on every corner and I had to wait for the bank to open. I went back with the cash at lunch and it was already gone. No telling what it would bring now but I had gone to a local gun show just before this rifle was listed and seen a buffalo style gun in worse condition on a dealer's table for $6K.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I've missed so many that if I thought about them all I'd be drunk and layin' in a ditch. It would just kill me.

The worst is a gun shop just outside on the edge of San Angelo, TX in 1974. Had at least a hundred Colt SAAs. I didn't have the age necessary to buy a single one. :cry: I remember there was every chambering, every configuration, every type of grip, every finish...

Reasonable was the Colt, series 70 lightweight Officers Model... <sigh>
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
bogus bill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bogus bill »

I want this one back! It is a .45 colt new frontier serial #5355NF. I bought it back in about 1974 for $250. I researched it and found it was one of a consecatively numbered pair that audie murphy willed his 2 sons! My ex wife ran off with it and many more christmass of 1985.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

.357 Browning B92

NRA 100 year Commemorative.

Two New Frontiers .44 Spl and .45 Colt.

Five Colt SA 22s.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

edsguns
Levergunner 2.0

Post by edsguns »

Well, about 4 yrs ago I sold a nice mod 70 to a friend who needed a deer rifle. I'd gotten it for a great price and made a tidy prifit on it(post 64 gun). Well he mentioned that he absolutely loved BARs at one point...I had 5 (3 in '06) and finally struck a deal with him trading that mod 70 back to me in trade for my "extra" BAR. I am certainly glad I got that mod 70 back, as I actually whacked a deer with it this year. It was, maybe, the only rifle I ever regretted selling.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

This one still breaks my heart, as I will never have the chance to buy one like it, as they are worth much more than I will have available.
About 20 years ago I was at my local gun club when an oldtimer came in with a Ballard #4 1/2 in .32-40, fully nickeled receiver, factory engraved, special order half octagon #3 barrel, with "wedding ring" transition on the barrel, and the right midrange tang sight, and windage globe front sight.
I was very interested, so I asked if he might be interested in selling it. As a matter of fact he was, so I asked his price. $800, which was excellent, but I didn't really know Ballard prices at the time, so I passed. Another fella looked it over and bought it.
That same gun would have been well over $2,000, even then, and today it's probably a $8,000 or more gun. It's one of those that I could have afforded at $800, but I just didn't realise what I was passing up. The only consolation I have is the other guy sold it for $1800, and he's kicking himself now too. :(
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

I've sold 3 guns in 30 some years, none of them I regret. I did have an American made SS Luger stolen from me and a Coonan .357 magnum. I wasn't able to replace the Luger but I did the Coonan. That Coonan is worth quite a bit more now :)
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

My biggest regret was in a moment of stupidity selling my Sterling 305 SS 22LR automatic pistol which was a gift from my Dad when I first got married. :cry:
I bought it back 10 years later for the same price sold! :D

Second would have to be my SS Mini-14 my mini Garand.

Third my S&W first generation 686 the most accurate smoothest shooting handgun I ever owned.
Paul105
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Paul105 »

Winchester Model 52 Sporter .22 LR with the checkered stock. Back in the early 60s, my uncle found it for $50.00 -- it had one of those old 7/8" weaver 4x scopes. Several years later, I traded it, a Win 94, and a Win Model 12, 20ga all for a S&W M19. I ordered a set of Herrett Jordan Troopers (fancy walnut), and a Bianchi basket weave matching belt and holster. Loaded ammo for it with a Lyman 310 Tong Tool. Had that Smith/Rig for 15+ years, before it and a bunch of other was stolen.

Paul
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

I saved for a long time just for the deposit. Then 6 months on layaway. I was right out of college and $1,200 was a LOT of money for anything, let alone a rifle.

It was a used, like new HK91, bipod, 8 mags, and flat-out awesome to shoot. That was 1997. Three years later I moved to California. I needed cash and the rifle was a no-no here anyway, so I had to sell it before I came over the line. Also sold a Norinco NHM-91 (AK), but I wasn't so attached to that one.

I got as Socom16 to replace it, and it sort of fills the gap but not really. I want my HK91 back.
Chad
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

I regret ever selling my first win 94 that I bought in the 1960's and the 22 RF marlin(model number 342) my dad got me when I was 12.
I missed a marlin model 62 here a few weeks ago because of a cash flow issue.
Other than the ones my second wife made me get rid of and most I have now replaced.
I don't buy firearms to sell more to use and enjoy
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV
gunstockmaker
Levergunner

Shuda kept 'em

Post by gunstockmaker »

This is easy - I should have kept the SEVEN 94 Winchester chambered in my favorite caliber - - 7-30 Waters. I've had two in the box and 5 others of which all were 24" barrel guns. Never understood why they made 20" guns - but none the less - sold 'em all at one time or another.

Got a Dakota Model 10 in 7-30 and it's not going anywhere!

Shoot straight!
If you have to shoot it at more than 200 yards, you're shooting, not hunting!
gordylew
Levergunner 1.0

Post by gordylew »

starting from earliest to latest.
Winchester 73 2nd rifle 80% patina finished. 38-40 bought for $225 sold for @$700 needed the money in the late 80's
Springfield 1873 trapdoor carbine low pre custer serial # with original cleaning kit in buttstock. paid@ $250 sold for $500 again needed the money late 80's

Could have bought a load of WInchester XTR BB .375's on closeout for $265 ea
Could have bought Steyr AuGs for @ $600 on closeout before the ban.
Could have bought Poly Tech Ak's for @ $250 befoer the ban.
Got outbid on a 1st Year Winchester 71 with bolt peep in 98% gun went for $1250 at local auction.
Colt pre series post war Gold cup in box in 95% went for $600 at same auction as well as a Colt New Frontier 44-40 nib for $600. I only had $1100 and was waiting for the 71.
recently I walked into a shop that was having an after Christmas blowout.
as usuall I was broke, Ruger Redhawk .41 mag in box for $330. Savage 24 DL 22/20 95% $150.
OK I,m sitting here crying got to go. :cry:
45-70-
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 45-70- »

The one I didnt buy and should have--early 1980's a guy offered me an HK MP5 for $400. :cry:

The one I bought and sold before I got into leverguns, a very early production high grade model 71. I sold it for more than double what I gave for it though.
I am a salty, old, retired Chief Petty Officer who is not impressed by much.

"We're surrounded, that simplifies our situation." Chesty Puller

Member of Marlin Firearms forum '02-'04
Member of Marlin Talk forum '04-?
Member of original Leverguns forum '04-'07
Member of new Leverguns forum '07-?
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

the two 1911's. an erma luger and a .270 win model 70 that were stolen from me.
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

I should have never sold my Ruger Security Six. It was the second handgun that I bought brand new in the early 80's.
I do miss that one.

ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
johnly
Levergunner 1.0

Post by johnly »

Winchester 88 in 358. Always wanted one, but can't quite brink myself to spend 3k to buy on on the current market.

John
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!

S&W:
640 2" w/ Crimson Trace
586 6"
629 3" backpacker?
624 3" Lew Horton w/ Fuzzy Farrant grips

Sis's Ruger MKII 6 7/8
daughter's early Ruger Bearcat
Ruger M77 30-06
wife's Rem 7 250-Sav

These are the ones that come to mind,
That Lew Horton limited edition 44 spcl
was a sweet camp gun. The 640 was a
good backup. The 629 was a light carry
gun when hunting.
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”