OT - Corndog Casserole Revisited, one last time

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Doc Hudson
Member Emeritus

OT - Corndog Casserole Revisited, one last time

Post by Doc Hudson »

I made Corndog Casserole for my supper this evening. I added a few twists and it was outstandingly good.

To one packaged of Jiffy Mix Cornbread Muffin Mix I added 1 egg and 1/3 cup of milk, as per package directions. Then I added 1/2 of a medium onion diced fine, 1 can Cream Style Corn, 6 wieners sliced thin, and another 1/3 cup of milk and mixxed well.

While preparing the mix, heat a couple or three tablespoons of oil in a cast iron skillet as the oven pre-heats to 400*F. Allow the skillet to get very hot, hot enough for the corndog mix to sizzle when poured in. Top with hot dog chili and bake for 30 minutes. I checked after the 20 minutes recommended on the Jiffy Mix package and the casserole was nowhere near done. An additional ten minutes brought it to perfection.

Gents, if you liked the original Corndog Casserole, you will really like this kicked up version.
Doc Hudson, OOF, IOFA, CSA, F&AM, SCV, NRA LIFE MEMBER, IDJRS #002, IDCT, King of Typoists

Amici familia ab lectio est

Image Image
UNITE!