Blk 22LR Ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Blk 22LR Ammo

Post by 3leggedturtle »

What bulk ammo is the "best" . How are the Federal and and Winchester bulk packs? CCi blazer's I have had real good luck with, Maybe 1 misfire in 1500 rnds. Remington bulk has been awful 2-4 out of 50 wont fire. Its very dirty on top of it.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Blk 22LR Ammo

Post by Andrew »

I had a box of Rem bulk only one time and it too had several misfires. I only use Federal bulk 'cause that's what wally-world carries. It's good for just under 3" at 50yds out of the 9422 I shoot. Good 'nuff for sqill.
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Both Remington and Winchester bulk .22LR ammo is not worth wasting money on. Federal HPs have always worked for me, with zero misfires or duds. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

3leggedturtle wrote:What bulk ammo is the "best" . How are the Federal and and Winchester bulk packs? CCi blazer's I have had real good luck with, Maybe 1 misfire in 1500 rnds. Remington bulk has been awful 2-4 out of 50 wont fire. Its very dirty on top of it.
Well "best" is a subjective term to say the least. I used to shoot the federal in the bulk packs but it got to the point it was so dirty I almost thought they had went back to bp loads, it was also so wild in velocity , you could never be sure if the next round was going over or under the target. Having to clean the 10-22 every 50 rounds or so doesn't work to well when you're into the prairie dog elimination mode.
That's when I picked up some of the Remington golden bulk packs, and have not had anywhere near the failure to feed or fire I was getting with the federals. When my 10-22 won't feed or has a misfire with the Remingtons its usually after a couple hundred rounds and its time to clean the gun. Oneshot kills to 200 yds isn't out of the question.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

The Federal is a bit dirty but so is all of the other bulk stuff. I prefer Federal 510 which is carried at Wal-Mart ... but I usually buy it at Natchez for $1.60 per box of 50. It's cheaper at Wal-Mart but it's been out of stock forever as well. From what I can tell, the Remington Golden Bullet bulk is about the least reliable 22LR on the planet.

Other than the Federal 510, I'm typically buying Winchester PP or some of the CCI Std Vel LRN.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

In the last couple years I've shot mostly Federal bulk pack ammo with some Winchester as well. These were shot from my ancient Ruger .22 Auto and revolvers.
I did not find them exceedingly dirty. All of the ammo I shot from the .22 Auto were decent out to 25 yards.
To really get good accuracy from any of my guns I had to go to the CCI green box standard velocity ammo, Colibri pistol match, or something like that.
I dare say that those who shoot semi autos will see more fouling and dirt than those who shoot manually operated rifles and revolvers.

I pick up several .22 LR cartridges almost every range trip. Many of them have light firiing pin strikes on them and always fire on the second try. All of my .22 RFs have good solid actions with strong springs in them. I have NO trouble with misfires no matter what brand of bulk or boxed ammo I shoot.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

For bulk pack my choice is Winchester.

I really prefer Wildcats though - packed in boxes.
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
bbleverfan
Levergunner 1.0

Post by bbleverfan »

i like the federal bulk pack.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

With four kids (and their friends), 'bulk' would have to mean something in between a semitrailer and a barge... :lol:

We use whatever we find cheapest, and don't have many misfires (Remington Golden's seem worst, but still decent). As for accuracy, they all seem to shoot 'minute of tin can' at 50 yards.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "