So, if a 357 maxi won't fit...........

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

So, if a 357 maxi won't fit...........

Post by 4t5 »

in a marlin 94, has anyone tried it's ballistic twin..the 357 BAIN & DAVIS.Seems easy enough,take a 44 marlin remove the barrel and replace with a rechambered 357 barrel, a little fitting, and should be good to go.looks to give the 35 rem a run for it's money in a smaller platform.I know what your think'n,the name bain and davis isn't flashy enough.How about
357 wsm(weely short marlin).
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Hobie

Re: So, if a 357 maxi won't fit...........

Post by Hobie »

4t5 wrote:in a marlin 94, has anyone tried it's ballistic twin..the 357 BAIN & DAVIS.Seems easy enough,take a 44 marlin remove the barrel and replace with a rechambered 357 barrel, a little fitting, and should be good to go.looks to give the 35 rem a run for it's money in a smaller platform.I know what your think'n,the name bain and davis isn't flashy enough.How about
357 wsm(weely short marlin).
I think it has been done and is usually mentioned when the .357 Max conversion comes up.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: So, if a 357 maxi won't fit...........

Post by AJMD429 »

Maybe on Marlin Owners forum I saw a post from someone with a .357 B&D 1894 like that. I guess there is a .243 bulleted round based on the .357 Mag case, too - what a great pair those two would make - kind of a '.35 Remington' and '6mm PPC' set out of carbine leverguns... :mrgreen:

Some breakopen gun users I think have used a slightly longer '.357 Mag' made from .357 Max brass to run hot loads in long-throated guns, under several different names (.357 DanWesson, and .357 Special Magnum or something like that), but the length is just enough longer to not slip into revolvers chambered in .357 Magnum, I guess as a safety feature.

I think I'd rather have the .357 B&D though...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "