Does your wife announce the weekend's chores to you?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Does your wife announce the weekend's chores to you?

Post by O.S.O.K. »

My wife informed me this morning that we were going to work on the taxes again and do the fasfa (this is another governmental clusterfrik form for those wanting to submit for grants, scholarships or student loans for their kids going to college). I told her great - just as soon as I finish casting my bullets :)
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Does your wife announce the weekend's chores to you?

Post by C. Cash »

And she said.....????? :mrgreen:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

C. Cash wrote:And she said.....????? :mrgreen:
"Let the beatings commence!" :lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

:shock: :lol:
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I AM glad I am not married!
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

C. Cash wrote:And she said.....????? :mrgreen:
She doesn't say anything. :mrgreen:

We've been married over 26 years... she knows its futile to ride me - I've trained her that if she tries that, I just put the desired chores off to the next weekend... :wink:

She's trained me on some things too, so don't think I'm Archy Bunker :lol:
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

After she gets back from the store check her credit card for heat and undue wear. :wink: :mrgreen:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yep - it's bill and tax time, and we get to see which bills to pay, and what taxes we have to pay.

So far this year, for two months of work, I've made $2,000 in Janurary, and negative $2,900 for this month, but I'll pay about $4,000 in taxes, plus the usual bills for a home and four kids. It may sound 'bad' but it is actually way better than LAST year! In December patients want billed for the 'co-pay' so they can Christmas shop, and the 'co-pay' is often greater than any profit margin, so the January numbers are nearly always negative. February numbers reflect all the patients who feel it is ok to ask us to spend $2 to bill them their $10 co-pay, which we finally 'catch up' in March. For the next four weeks I'll be a grouch... :evil: Don't be surprised as you find your physicians rushing in and out of the room, and treating you like a bother, rather than a 'customer' these days - we make really GOOD bucks if we cater to the insurance companies, but if we dare to provide proper care for the patient, rather than prioritize the insurer's profits, they won't cut us in on their lucrative 'action.' Kinda fun trying to pay two months worth of groceries, fuel, electric, insurance[ :evil: ], and mortgage on a 'budget' of negative $900, especially when the expectation is that I'll give 'discounts' to everyone - people with insurance bring in LESS than the cost of a visit this time of year, and the 'cash pay' patients expect some sort of magic 'discount' too.

[/rant off] [steer back to topic ON :lol: ]

I just love this time of year - I'd rather she sent me out to the barn to shovel manure, than do the #$&^% taxes with her.

OTOH I'm glad I have a frugal, faithful, and intelligent woman who'll wade through that mess of stuff; I'd wind up screwing it up and busting rocks at some prison because I forgot to pay some stupid tax on something or other. Plus, she'd kinda cute, too... :oops: :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

After 31 years of marriage, and several years of dating, my wife doen't need to tell me anything, I just sort of sense what she wants when the rolling pin hits the back of my head! :shock: :D
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I'm with a couple of you boys here. I have been married for 36 years (yea, got married at 18) I get up in the morning when I want--go where I want---buy what I want---talk how I want----dress how I like-----whatever.........................................as long as I get her permission first--(she's a crazy Italian)---------------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Now, that is just not right............ but what do I know.... I'm still single. :oops:
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

mescalero1 wrote:Now, that is just not right............ but what do I know.... I'm still single. :oops:
I disagree Mescalero, as it in fact shows you are the most intelligent man involved in this conversation! :mrgreen: :wink:
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

:lol: :roll:
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Ive been married 36 yrs too, I get lists as my bride says I suffer from CRS my hunting partners say that copenhagen will help.danny
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

I have to add to this - My wife is the very worst. If I'm not on top of things and up-to-date, she does all the work on everything with no consultation or assistance from me.

Well - I guess we all have our crosses to bear and I'm doing my best to deal with my "problems" -

:mrgreen:
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

No. :D
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I think OJ's " problem " is manageable.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

BigSky56 wrote:Ive been married 36 yrs too, I get lists as my bride says I suffer from CRS my hunting partners say that copenhagen will help.danny

Danny,
Skoal brother!! Just a pinch between your cheek and gum. :D (I have three teeth left-but most of 'em are still on the steering wheel of a '78 Trans Am)--------------------Sixgun
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

"Does your wife announce the weekend's chores to you?"

Of course. I don't mind chores; part of being married.

What I mind is that she doles them out one at a time, and when I ask for a list, she gets ticked. She doesn't like planning, she just likes to keep me busy.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

C. Cash wrote:After she gets back from the store check her credit card for heat and undue wear. :wink: :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol:
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

The women in my life have never liked seeing a man have fun, even if he's having fun working for her. :D

bogie
Sadly, "Political Correctness" is the most powerful religion in America, and it has ruined our society.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Bogie35 wrote:The women in my life have never liked seeing a man have fun, even if he's having fun working for her. :D

bogie
Ain't that the truth? I have learned that upon returning from a hunting/camping/gun shopping/shooting session/ trip, I start talking negatively that the whole experience was nasty :wink: :wink: ------Sixgun
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

That don't work for me Sixgun! If I do that my wife justs has a another reason to say, "Well next time you should stay home!"
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

Nobody else uses the line "I could be out chasing women or doing drugs!"? :lol:

No, it doesn't work for me either.

I'm supposed to be happy sitting at home doing chores like her.

Money is to be spent on new window treatments, flower beds, paving bricks for a patio, a new piece of antique furniture - things like that that are for the "whole family".... :shock:

And I tell her that my gun collection is also for the whole family - but she doesn't believe me! ;)
NRA Endowment Life
MOLON LABE!
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Sixgun
I had to dip skoal for a time when I was over seas in III corp as the PX was out of cope got a letter of to US tobacco and they mailed me a couple of 10 packs to hold me over till the PX got resupplied. danny
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Well not this weekend,I bought her a Dozen Roses for V day.Overheard her today telling her friend on the phone about (quote)" the roses and the BIG personal present I gave her." :oops: :shock:Some times you have to feed the Tigress.Tiger's are maneaters don't you know. :wink:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

O.S.O.K. wrote: She's trained me on some things too, so don't think I'm Archy Bunker :lol:
But Archy Bunker was my hero! :lol:

My wife and I will be married 20 years this June. You get to training one another during that time. I still get the "honey-do" list, but she knows better than to spring things on me unless they are an emergency.

The family went to bed around 10:00pm Saturday night, and I went to do so work in my home office. My wife came down at 4:00am to send my butt to bed. She knows that work is stressful and I have more of it to do (with all the downsizing around me) than can possibly be done. I'm not complaining mind you - I'm glad to have a job. She just knows that throwing things on the pile is not a good idea right now...
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Wife?
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I'm on my second time around.

I rarely did anything number one wanted.

I decided after I met the current Mrs. That I'd get it right. As long as I knock a
couple things off her list once in a while she's pretty happy. I told her up front that
I rarely plan anything and since home improvement / restoration is what I do every day.
I've got to be into it too.
Doesn't work but,
She's worth it anyway!

How can I say no?

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

If I could find one like that, I might change my mind :?
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

mescalero1 wrote:If I could find one like that, I might change my mind :?
:D :wink:

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
O.S.O.K. wrote: She's trained me on some things too, so don't think I'm Archy Bunker :lol:
But Archy Bunker was my hero! :lol:
Jeez Edith! Stifle yourself!

:lol:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Bogie35 wrote:The women in my life have never liked seeing a man have fun, even if he's having fun working for her. :D

bogie
That's true Bogie35! It's built in to most women. Whenever I'm in line somewhere and a waiting for a woman to help me, and she is passive/aggressively not waiting on me, instead of showing that I'm mad I start doing something else(pick up a magazine or start looking through my wallet for example)....and then smile like I'm really enjoying it. I might be crazy but I swear they will drop what their doing and start up whatever process your waiting for. They can't stand to see a man enjoy himself!
shdwlkr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by shdwlkr »

You guys married 36 years are so lucky
My first wife was murdered 29 years ago
Second wife hung around for 20 years so she could get the house, 25% of my pension , the house and most of my stuff and I lost all my firearms to lawyer bills
third wife and I are just plain nuts we have a house full of kids and we are much older now and will be ancient when the last one leaves home. If you see us at a football game in 12 years I will be the dad in the wheel chair all bundled up against the cold 60 degree night air and being told where my kid is on the field yep life is great if you don't weaken.
Now wife number 3 allowed me to buy firearms for 3 years thousands of dollars worth to replace what I lost and a gun safe to put them in too. Now we fight over if she gets a new sewing machine which she will we just try and figure out the best model, a new refrigerator, new stove, new microwave and pay my vet bill for my animals yes she does look out for me once in a while which is ok as she is talking about building me a 30x40 garage that I get all but a 10x30 bay which is for her vehicle. Yes if we get it I am really blessed and if something happens to her I will never remarry as two good women and a bi**H my luck is got to run out again and I am just to dam old to put up with a witch again.
In a free society the government doesn't fear its citizens
NRA Endowment member
DAV
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

I've been married 30 years so I'm used to ignoring women-mine is usually after me to get things done for our own good so cann't seriously complain.Nearly lost her in Sept of 05 which was not a fun adventure.Just wish she understood the gun a month law was meant to be obeyed- (they only want us to have one a month )I've been trying but money gets tight.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Well I spent all day chasing a nuetral safety switch problem on a 1986 Ford pickup.
Henry Ford may have been a very clever ***, but he is no match for age and trickery!