Bad deal or no? (Winchester 94 in .22 mag)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
marantz1
Levergunner

Bad deal or no? (Winchester 94 in .22 mag)

Post by marantz1 »

A local gun shop is selling a Winchester 94 in .22 mag for $650. Manufactued in 1972, it looks in great shape. The wood is devoid of dents/chips and the barrell looks clear and shiny. I'd say the blueing is 90-95 %. Still, $650 seems a lot for a used Winnie 94 (though it doesn't appear as if it's had too many rounds through it). The price might or might not be negotiable - I'll need to speak with the store's owner who wasn't there today.

What do you all think?
Duff L Bagg
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Bad deal or no? (Winchester 94 in .22 mag)

Post by Duff L Bagg »

Got to remember that 9422M's are no longer made and the asking price seems to be middle of the road pricing according to gun broker.com prices with rarer variants bring more.

Really Baby, I swear that it just followed me home.
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Post by chadbr »

I'd love to have a 9422-mag to go with my Single-Six. That's a little high for me - but I'm cheap.

I'd take in 5 c-notes and see if he'll bite.

Chad
victor
Levergunner 2.0

Post by victor »

chadbr wrote:I'd love to have a 9422-mag to go with my Single-Six. That's a little high for me - but I'm cheap.

I'd take in 5 c-notes and see if he'll bite.

Chad
+1

I bought a used one for 300 just before they announced discontinuing them.I've since HAD to sell it(what an idiot).Keep looking,you can probably do better.
Vic
Winchester Model 94(61').32 Winchester Special
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

FYI, A Winchester Model 94 is a centerfire rifle - you're talking about a rimfire Winchester Model 9422M.

I just paid more than that for an XTR version in .22WRM (checkered fancy wood, high polish bluing, etc) - and believe it to be worth every penny to me, since I haven't even seen ANY, never mine one for sale, in over 15 years.

I would never had paid that freight for a Winchester Legacy Model 9422M.

Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

You'll kick yourself if you pass. That's a lot, but they're not getting cheaper.