POLITICS - Obama is Unqualified window sign

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

POLITICS - Obama is Unqualified window sign

Post by pharmseller »

I live in one of the most liberal states in the Union - Oregon. I got tired of all the Obama for President bumper stickers, so I decided to light a candle against the darkness. I typed "OBAMA IS UNQUALIFIED" all caps, bold, 100 point font, printed in landscape with OBAMA IS on the top line and UNQUALIFIED on the bottom. I taped the sign to the inside of my car's rear window.
In two days I had two complete strangers stop me at different times to compliment me on my sign. It was easy, cheap, and readily available. I urge you to do the same. If you want my sign, send me a PM with your email. I saved as a Word document.

Q
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT Obama is Unqualified window sign

Post by C. Cash »

Good idea Pharmseller! I never thought of doing that. The movement of the hard core left from California and the North Eastern US into these magnificent areas is truly unfortunate. Every time I go to Arizona to visit my family, I just have to shake my head at all the changes that have taken place there .
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

For something that will last a little while longer, here's a bumper sticker maker that will print literally anything you can think of. They have custom templates, all you have to do is fill in what you want to say. I've done business with them, they're good quality and fast.

BUMPER STICKERS

You can easily do something like this on their website...!

:mrgreen:
Last edited by deerwhacker444 on Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

"My President will never be a Tu Quoque'ing son-of-a Muslim..."
:twisted:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

please send to me your sign: rjohns94@jhu.edu
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

That "Lemmings for Obama" sign really killed me ... but I'm fairly twisted up inside. :wink:
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

pharmseller wrote:I live in one of the most liberal states in the Union - Oregon. I got tired of all the Obama for President bumper stickers, so I decided to light a candle against the darkness. I typed "OBAMA IS UNQUALIFIED" all caps, bold, 100 point font, printed in landscape with OBAMA IS on the top line and UNQUALIFIED on the bottom. I taped the sign to the inside of my car's rear window.
In two days I had two complete strangers stop me at different times to compliment me on my sign. It was easy, cheap, and readily available. I urge you to do the same. If you want my sign, send me a PM with your email. I saved as a Word document.

Q
Parmseller,

What have your neighbors done to my beautiful state????

I was born in Portland and kidnapped by my parents - or at least taken against my will - to California at the tender age of 3 years old. Except for my stint in the Service, I have had to live here with the predominantly liberal, then truly leftist and Hollyweird mentality for 60 years. And I have been looking at persuading my entire family to move back to "The Old Country," now that I am working towards full time retirement.

But at least in the late 40's and the 50's, the Webfeet used to work for a living (no welfare); hunted and fished for food like Celebrity Sarah; were considered honest, cheerful, industrious; and the crime rate was, for a few decades at least, "at least 20 years behind California," meaning that law enforcement could make arrests, District Attorneys actually filed the cases without having to assess their political importance or ask for plea bargains to save trial time; and the jails were not pleasant health clubs with huge legal libraries like we had/have in this state. AND you could leave your house and car unlocked.

What did you folks up there do to screw up my favorite state? Let a bunch of non-natives in from California?
Ysabel Kid

Re: POLITICS - Obama is Unqualified window sign

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Excellent Quinn - PM sent! :D
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

JohndeFresno wrote:What did you folks up there do to screw up my favorite state? Let a bunch of non-natives in from California?

Bingo!
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Just .02 more after my post above. and this is directed at no one here. There's still lots of Freedom loving, salt of the earth folks from California, as well as the North East US. Give em a fair shake before you think...."Oh here comes another one....." :wink: :)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

C. Cash wrote:Just .02 more after my post above. and this is directed at no one here. There's still lots of Freedom loving, salt of the earth folks from California, as well as the North East US. Give em a fair shake before you think...."Oh here comes another one....." :wink: :)

Those aren't the ones anyone (here) has problems with. It's the ones who leave there and try to make their new home into the same mess that they left behind that get peoples' dander up...
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

AmBraCol wrote:
C. Cash wrote:Just .02 more after my post above. and this is directed at no one here. There's still lots of Freedom loving, salt of the earth folks from California, as well as the North East US. Give em a fair shake before you think...."Oh here comes another one....." :wink: :)

Those aren't the ones anyone (here) has problems with. It's the ones who leave there and try to make their new home into the same mess that they left behind that get peoples' dander up...
Why would they want to leave the "utopia" that they fought to create Ambracol? :wink: :lol: After all, once one redestributes the wealth, disarms law abiding citizens and passes laws that promote the "common good" vs. individual rights, everyone should be holding hands and singing Kumbaya right? Apparently, 1/2 of the country still thinks so! :(
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

C. Cash wrote:
Why would they want to leave the "utopia" that they fought to create Ambracol? :wink: :lol: After all, once one redestributes the wealth, disarms law abiding citizens and passes laws that promote the "common good" vs. individual rights, everyone should be holding hands and singing Kumbaya right? Apparently, 1/2 of the country still thinks so! :(
Speaking of the Kumbaya crowd here in my state (I say that only by geographic placement, not by ownership), if you check the California DOJ "Approved Handguns" list that is online, and that we must abide by -

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

- you will see that the only .45 "Long Colt" handgun that you can now legally buy here is a Ruger Redhawk. Unless you are lucky enough to locate somebody who is crazy enough to part with a single-action Colt in good condition in a private party sale (for less than a month's salary), you can no longer own and shoot one of the most significant pieces of Americana - even from the Colt factory.

The infamous mandatory State "drop test" is replete with tons of paperwork, bureaucracy, fees and demands for testing ammunition - required for "testing" of each model, caliber, barrel length, and finish of any manufacturer's offering to the public. Mind you, intrinsic workings of a stainless steel offering and a blued offering of the same gun, for instance, or a 2-inch and 6-inch version - are identical! But the idiots we elected for office and the imbeciles who call themselves "California voters" (for the most part) have let this monster of draconian legislation prevail.

The anti-gunners' scheme worked - most manufacturers just threw up their hands and now offer only a handful of their inventory for sale here, which dries up large segments of shooting. And since my goofy state is the darling and testing ground for the freakiest liberal inventions, I offer this prophecy to y'all in the other 49 - "But wait! Look for us - we are coming to your neighborhood, soon!"

Rev 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

My goodness! :o A wakeup call for us all for sure John DeFresno. I lived in the Visalia/Tulare Co. area for years, went to school in Fresno...and got enough of the Liberal "Utopia" to last me a lifetime.
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

When I left Fresno 10 years ago, after living there my entire life, it was still fairly conservative. Madera even more so. The Valley as a whole was. Then Shaky City and Gay Bay discovered the low housing prices and flooded the valley with their liberal bias. I'm glad I got out of there when I did. I walk into my local or any gun store in the state and walk out with any gun I like in about 20 minutes. My CCW permit took 2 weeks and 75 bucks. Not like the 4 months it did in Fresno.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

MikeS. wrote:When I left Fresno 10 years ago, after living there my entire life, it was still fairly conservative. Madera even more so. The Valley as a whole was. Then Shaky City and Gay Bay discovered the low housing prices and flooded the valley with their liberal bias. I'm glad I got out of there when I did. I walk into my local or any gun store in the state and walk out with any gun I like in about 20 minutes. My CCW permit took 2 weeks and 75 bucks. Not like the 4 months it did in Fresno.
Mike and William -

Indeed, things are changing. And, Mike, you don't know the half of the Bay Invasion. Three years ago there was a huge building boom in my town (Madera), starting just before and then continuing at the time that grapes were at an all time low. The grape farmers were digging deep into their bank accounts just to hold on to what they had. Finally, with the local stores (including the vast SaveMart chain) buying fruits and vegetables from China, Mexico and many other countries, many farmers have thrown in the towel; especially their sons who would have carried on the business. I know several families where this story has played out - son moves away to the big city to get a totally non-Ag related job. As a result, here in the center of the largest agricultural producing state in the world, hundreds of acres of grape-producing land has been forever removed as the grape growers' progeny are moving away from farming; and the property is being bulldozed for large housing developments for our Bay Area neighbors.

Of course, some time in the near future, that indicates that we will be dependent on foreign, possibly hostile countries for our food, not just our oil - unless something changes. Much farmland is forever gone in my county.

But the kicker is that our Bay area friends took over my town, and one of the best kept secrets no longer exists - that is, Madera's cheap housing in a relatively low crime area, just north of the large shopping facilities in Fresno. The Bay Area folks sold their rather ordinary, modest sized houses for upwards of a million dollars (in many instances) to the large influx of new, wealthy Silicon Valley employees who were hungry for homesites. Many of them have told me that they put up with a two hour commute each way because of the tremendous deals they brokered in my town. And guess what - house values in my town, within one year, skyrocketed 150%, so that now two adult daughters are financially challenged in purchasing a house for $250,000 (or so) - they aren't minorities, so the great Clinton Giveway (the bill he signed that demanded that banks drop safe lending safeguards to minorities as a group, and folks who who have mismanaged their debts) does not apply to them. Besides, THEY are responsible citizens, and wouldn't jump into an obligation that they they couldn't manage, which is what exactly what happened with this Fannie Mae debacle. Here in Madera, on my street alone, approximately every 8th house is up for sale because it was sold to somebody who were not qualified or capable of taking on the mortgage - as indicated by what many of them have admitted to me! Many of the houses were bought by my minority friends to "flip" for instant profit - which of course ended up causing me to lose a fair amount of my honestly earned life savings as some investments took a nosedive to bail out these opportunists.

And my open letter to NBC News, CNN, and the politico loonies on the left who complained because Sarah Palin stated that she came from a small town where the residents are responsible, patriotic Americans (or close to that) - YES, inner city people DO bring a lower value to life and an increased crime rate. Live with it - unfortunately, I have to. The largest subdivision in our town was completed, immediately north of me, just this year. Many Fannie Mae funded homesites were built, and many of these nice homes are crowded with two and three families. Our walking path endured several years of no - repeat, no - grafitti. Now - this last year - we see gang junk sprayed on the asphalt path and on the boulders literally every day or every other day. The City truck drives through weekly with some type of spray that is applied to take off the grafitti. I have three relatives and several friends who work for the City and County police forces (Madera City Police and Madera County Sheriff; my son-in-law is a policeman). They make frequent arrests for grafitti, staking out the various areas (which takes them away from other activities); but because these are almost always juveniles, and their parents are frequently low-lifes who are not really offended when their little darlings are caught, the kids have no fear of arrest. In fact, they brag to my cop friends and relatives of their exploits, and are out spraying again. That's what the Bay Area blessed my town with.

Yes - I have seen what comes of the "Obama-," "Kennedy-," "Clinton-" and "Carter-" mindset that many of this nation's voters are embracing, with their Santa Claus handouts to all, many of which abuse and don't appreciate the gifts.

I'm not currently wearing a white robe or carrying a "Doom" type sign; but perhaps we will soon be seeing the "end times" - at least for this nation. Right now, I have been listening to a guy on the National Geographic TV cable channel, Cesar somebody-or-other, who calls himself the "Dog Whisperer." He says that dogs "live in the moment" and don't fret yesterday or tomorrow, so I'm trying to get into that mentality - enjoy my new Grandson, handload like crazy, and take all of my firearms to the range and field and enjoy them while I still can.
Last edited by JohndeFresno on Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I'm surprised some bedwetting Liberal anti-war, anti-violence type hasn't bashed out your windshield. They're such sensible and reasonable people.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

AJMD429 wrote:I'm surprised some bedwetting Liberal anti-war, anti-violence type hasn't bashed out your windshield. They're such sensible and reasonable people.
D' ya think it might be due to their seeing my NRA and Viet Nam / Cambodia 11th Cav Veteran stickers?

As for nighttime parking, I lock my vehicles in the garage. Unfortunately, some of my neighbors who park on the street enjoy weekly late night eggings and (in fact) window smashings from these fine youths whose parents have recently brought them to our formerly conservative and peaceful community. No kidding, no exaggeration. And my neighborhood is considered a reasonably nice one, with working or honorably retired residents. But as I said, the housing development is just north of us.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

JohndeFresno wrote:
AJMD429 wrote:I'm surprised some bedwetting Liberal anti-war, anti-violence type hasn't bashed out your windshield. They're such sensible and reasonable people.
D' ya think it might be due to their seeing my NRA and Viet Nam / Cambodia 11th Cav Veteran stickers?
Of course once all the "Nam" veterans are out of the picture (too old to raise physical hell, dead, or in nursing homes), the last big mass of hand-to-hand warriors are gone, and that is when the guvmint will come door to door "to help" people. There will be no effective resistance, since nearly everyone now has a hand in the till or their mouth on the government teat. Maybe generations from now some circumstance will again favor the independent, freedom-loving people of integrity and responsibility, but right now it seems socialsm is 'in' and it clearly favors manipulators of the 'system' and loser/leeches.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "